This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2
Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.2
2017

This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.2 by Histoires de Parfums
7.9 / 10 167 Ratings
This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 is a popular perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes IvyIvy Pink pepperPink pepper
Heart Notes Heart Notes LilacLilac Lily of the valleyLily of the valley Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base Notes SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla White muskWhite musk

Perfumers & Creative Guidance

Submitted by Consens, last update on 27.01.2023.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Kurai
This is not a laundry detergent
Remember The Body shop's White Musk Eau de Parfum ? I would call that the entry-level of white musks. Histoires de Parfums' TinaBB 1.2 has a lot more to it, of course, but in essence it is a variation on the white musk theme. It gives off a similar 'clean skin' or even more so a 'clean laundry' scent.

So, the white musk forms the heart of this perfume but it is not alone. It gets support from vanilla and sandal, so there is quite a bit of cream going on. Now add to that a lot of flowers like lilac, ylang and white florals. What you then get is no longer a plain white musk, but a colorful explosion of flowers combined with that sensation of cleanliness. This is exactly what those laundry detergents pretend to be. HdP's version is more successful but sadly I cannot let go of the association, especially in the later stages.
Top Review 6
The name alone is special, so is the scent!
As part of a subscription for niche fragrances I have already decided a few months ago for this fragrance of Histoires de Parfums.
The fragrance appealed to me because of a review on YouTube.
My passion for perfume has been around for a very long time, but I have only been slowly making my way in the world of niche fragrances since this year.
So the bottling of This is Not a Blue Bottle 1.2 arrived at my house and I sprayed it on my skin for the very first time. I was really really flashed!
Never before have I smelled something so special. Especially natural in the sense of special, extraordinary, insanely great...
To my nose, the scent is floral, sweet. As fresh I would not necessarily call him.
This fragrance has something very light, cheerful about it. Somehow inspiring.

Totally surprised and convinced me the durability of the fragrance. This is above average good. On my skin I get with him loose 10 hours and on the clothes I smell him even 2 days after I wore him still. Wow!
For my taste it is not a pure spring/summer fragrance. I wear it also now in autumn and on days I need a good mood certainly also in winter.

Of course, everyone can wear what he wants, but I find This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 goes clearly in the feminine direction. Can not imagine him on (m) a man.
Definitely one of the, as soon as my filling is used up, is high on my wish list
Helpful Review 5
Good mood in a bottle ?
I bought This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 blind because I liked the notes and the idea of the This is not a Blue Bottle series. I can say right away that This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 was a successful blind purchase. Immediately after spraying it on, the good mood literally comes out of the sprayer I find this lightness with this floral and fruity combination just great. It smells simply summery and great. Individual notes I can not recognize here unfortunately so well, but what also does not really bother, because the notes harmonize perfectly with each other.

But there is also a big point of criticism: the quality of the flacon is definitely not worth the MSRP.

The lid is slightly sharp-edged, which also leads to slight detachment of the paint, which looks very unsightly.

The bottle has a minimal tendency to leak, when the bottle is on the shelf after spraying and the lid is removed again, a slightly damp rim is visible below the sprayer. This leakage is really not bad, but for me not really acceptable in this price range
Helpful Review 17
1998. In spring, in summer
She wore corduroy pants and often a "Bush" band shirt. Her hair was always just done up with a scrunchie. Maybe a little kohl and that was it.
She -only she- could scold me so nicely " Luuuuke" with a mischievous grin and look at me almost impudently mischievous.

So we sat there 14/15-year-old on our meadow in the summer of '98, have drunk sticky iced tea, Luckies smoked and written cheesy poems. No desire to parents, school and haste not seen what else. We had us and our dreams; there on the meadow at "our " tree.

I sit in front of the "this is not a blue bottle" - bottle, sniff it, and can smell these moments, days, weeks and "they". The little forest with the ivy-covered trees, the lily of the valley at the edge of the forest, the lilac bush and all the sweet, green trades on this meadow of ours.

I was in love.
She could not love me. That's what she told me. In the summer ; back then.
The last time I saw her was in 2003. This blue bottle in my hand I love now. In February. And wait for the summer.

2 short views on the fragrance
ManonlescautManonlescaut 11 months ago
A colorful esplosion,a dip in vivid colors that escaped the canvas of a painter,a true spectacle of color and light!
StinkypennyStinkypenny 2 years ago
I want a bottle for the bottle, and not the scent. I had higher hopes for the fragrance, but I think I can be happy with just a decant.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

8 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Histoires de Parfums

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums 1899 by Histoires de Parfums 1740 by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Absolu Eau de Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1889 - Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse 3 Animale by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1725 by Histoires de Parfums 1828 by Histoires de Parfums 1826 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Fidelis by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Prolixe by Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Veni by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Ambrarem by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Pétroleum by Histoires de Parfums 1804 by Histoires de Parfums 1969 by Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse 1 Capricieuse by Histoires de Parfums