Tubéreuse 2 Virginale

(2010)
Tubéreuse 2 Virginale by Histoires de Parfums
Where to buy?
Tubéreuse 2 Virginale (Histoires de Parfums)
Tubéreuse 2 Virginale (Histoires de Parfums)
Tubéreuse 2 Virginale is a perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and was released in 2010. The scent is flowery-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesTuberose, Tangerine, Cherry

Longevity 5.0/10
Scent 6.0/10
Tar
Virgin - advanced in years
Many people like romantic novels from the XIXth century. TUBÉREUSE 2 VIRGINALE reminds me a typical supporting character. Her life is going well, she is a real beauty, but something happens, her father losts the property of the family, and she can not get married.

At the beginning, at the stage of blooming virginity, VIRGINALE shows me a face what can be compared to SACREBLEU, but fruits are much stronger there, especially cherry - one of my favourites, but sometimes it smells almost like raspberry, with heavy burden of fascinating tuberose. Sweet and blessed with golden flow of Tiaré.
As she has to learn the cruel reality of the life, she losts this shine, turns to be more mature, more earnest. I could compare it to MALABAH, with a bit dry ambient noise, but at the end VIRGINALE is a withered flower without redemption.

Really nice, good quality, at the beginning a very cheerful fragrance, but at the end it makes me sad and is a memento of doom.
Bottle 5.0/10
Sillage 7.5/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Scent 7.0/10
A tuberose gourmand
Tubereuse 2 Virginale has surprised me, in a good way. The composition is much sweeter than I thought it would be, introducing some likable gourmand qualities. The tuberose, although dominant, tends to be a little overshadowed by the other notes in this fragrance.

The initial blast is a rich and complex blend of sweet, creamy tuberose and tiare flower. I was hooked from the very word go, and left the fragrance counter feeling very pleased with myself.

The heart impressed me even more, with a delicious, juicy cherry accord blending beautifully with the tuberose. I would never have believed that a fruity take on such a strong white floral accord would be so successful. This is where the gourmand quality comes in, with the composition becoming quite sugary and syrupy.

Tubereuse 2 Virginale is perhaps not a wonderful representation of tuberose on its own, but if you embrace the composition as a whole, the experience is breath-taking. Some may find this fragrance a little too sweet, but I personally find it refreshing and sensual.

Frangipani, white woods and vanilla rounds this fragrance out into something quite warm and cozy. At this point I'd say that the tuberose in Tubereuse 2 Virginale has been made to smell edibile. The cherry accord holds its strength right through to the drydown.

The longevity and sillage is fantastic, yet I wouldn't expect anything less from Histoires des Parfums. I would recommend this fragrance to younger women and to those that like florals with a sugary twist.
Scent 5.0/10
2 Awards
doux et léger
Virginale is my least favorite of the three Tubereuse incarnations by Histoires. I can't say that it's a bad fragrance ... quite the contrary. It's beautifully blended with great sillage and longevity. I just get a bit too much cherry ... unfortunately a deal breaker for me as I'm not into frags that are very 'fruity'. It's also the 'youngest' example of the three, bringing back unpleasant olfactory memories of a few 'celebrity' releases that I truly loathe. Just a personal thing. As the name implies, this frag is most definitely 'virginale' ... a state that I lost way too many moons ago teehee
Yaij!
This is so far best tuberosa I have sampled. So far. Soft and deep at the same time, very feminine and romantic; makes me dream and close my eyes. I think this is perfect when sun start to come more high on the sky, and start to warm a bit more, snow get melted and birds start to sing their firs songs at spring time. Then I come with Tubéreuse 2 to greet newborn spring time. **