Vert Pivoine 2006

Vert Pivoine by Histoires de Parfums
Vert Pivoine is a perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Gérald Ghislain (Creative Director)

Top Notes Top NotesPeonyPeony
SandalwoodSandalwood
CedarCedar
MuskMusk
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Mokomonster, last update on 30.09.2020.

Just pink peony
Histoire des Parfums has always impressed me with the scents they create and I appreciate their effort of trying to let us take a glimpse at the epochs we have read about.
Yet, when it comes to reconstructing the scent of peonies, flowers that I love in my garden, the effort is lost.
Peonies have sort of bitter/sweet scent, deep and haunting .
The Vert Pivoine is sharp and cold and I was waiting for a more pleasant developpment after the first burst of ice-cold green scent, but it never arrived and , as Sherapop put it, one can find better compositions of peonies on the market.

As Advertised: For Peony Lovers Only
As someone who finds most mainstream peony frags not only unpleasant but actually unwearable, I cannot claim to be surprised that VERT PIVOINE is my least favorite of the otherwise splendid offerings from the house of Histoires de Parfums. I had always thought that it was the aggressive, synthetic, blob-like, infinitely expanding rendition of peony used in the vast majority of less-expensive perfumes that made them unbearable to me. After wearing niche-quality VERT PIVOINE, I realize that the fact is that I simply do not like peony at all. VERT PIVOINE boasts a triple dose of the note, making it take three times longer to evaporate away. Désolée.

Although this perfume does not make me ill and is not a big-time scrubber—as many peony frags are for me—it will never find its way into my collection. If you love peony, you'll probably like this one, but it is unclear to me that it is significantly better than some of the many mass-market peony frags available everywhere you turn. There is a touch of rose here, but this really is a big fat peony frag, at the end of the day. Still, I don't want to claim that VERT PIVOINE is bad, for to do so would be equivalent to saying that Bassetts Allsorts are bad because they contain so much black licorice. In fact, they are great—provided that you love black licorice! And I do! But I digress...

by Marta
by Marta
by Hatka
by Hatka

Popular Histoires de Parfums

Ambre 114 by Histoires de Parfums 1899 by Histoires de Parfums 1740 by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Absolu Eau de Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1889 - Moulin Rouge by Histoires de Parfums Tubéreuse 3 Animale by Histoires de Parfums 1904 (Parfum) by Histoires de Parfums 1725 by Histoires de Parfums 1826 by Histoires de Parfums 1828 by Histoires de Parfums This is not a Blue Bottle 1.2 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.2 by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Fidelis by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Prolixe by Histoires de Parfums 1804 by Histoires de Parfums Noir Patchouli by Histoires de Parfums En Aparté - Irrévérent by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Pétroleum by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Rosam by Histoires de Parfums Édition Rare - Veni by Histoires de Parfums This is not a Blue Bottle 1.4 / Ceci n'est pas un Flacon Bleu 1.4 by Histoires de Parfums