Vert Pivoine by Histoires de Parfums
Compare Prices
Vert Pivoine is a perfume by Histoires de Parfums for women and was released in 2006. The scent is flowery-green. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesPeony, Ivy leaf, Rose water
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony, Rose, Mimosa, Gardenia, Red fruits, Pink pepper
Base Notes Base NotesPeony, Sandalwood, Cedar, Musk, Vanilla

Submitted by Mokomonster, last update on 01.06.2016

Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Just pink peony
Histoire des Parfums has always impressed me with the scents they create and I appreciate their effort of trying to let us take a glimpse at the epochs we have read about.
Yet, when it comes to reconstructing the scent of peonies, flowers that I love in my garden, the effort is lost.
Peonies have sort of bitter/sweet scent, deep and haunting .
The Vert Pivoine is sharp and cold and I was waiting for a more pleasant developpment after the first burst of ice-cold green scent, but it never arrived and , as Sherapop put it, one can find better compositions of peonies on the market.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
As Advertised: For Peony Lovers Only
As someone who finds most mainstream peony frags not only unpleasant but actually unwearable, I cannot claim to be surprised that VERT PIVOINE is my least favorite of the otherwise splendid offerings from the house of Histoires de Parfums. I had always thought that it was the aggressive, synthetic, blob-like, infinitely expanding rendition of peony used in the vast majority of less-expensive perfumes that made them unbearable to me. After wearing niche-quality VERT PIVOINE, I realize that the fact is that I simply do not like peony at all. VERT PIVOINE boasts a triple dose of the note, making it take three times longer to evaporate away. Désolée.

Although this perfume does not make me ill and is not a big-time scrubber—as many peony frags are for me—it will never find its way into my collection. If you love peony, you'll probably like this one, but it is unclear to me that it is significantly better than some of the many mass-market peony frags available everywhere you turn. There is a touch of rose here, but this really is a big fat peony frag, at the end of the day. Still, I don't want to claim that VERT PIVOINE is bad, for to do so would be equivalent to saying that Bassetts Allsorts are bad because they contain so much black licorice. In fact, they are great—provided that you love black licorice! And I do! But I digress...