SoCal (2007) Cologne

SoCal (Cologne) by Hollister

SoCal (Cologne) is a popular perfume by Hollister for men and was released in 2007. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is still in production.

Pineapple, Rosemary, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.11.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Fraqmental
From the niche of a dark teen store
One or the other (but certainly the majority here) will now curl their hair. A relatively decent perfume collection with even some of the best-known niche fragrances and then of all things Hollister's Kiddie fragrance as the signature fragrance. May they resent me to the death.

Certainly the prehistory contributed a little bit to it, because So Cal was my first fragrance ever and with it my big hobby began. At that time I had only him for a long time and wore him summer and winter, school and date. Now, of course, I don't use So Cal as often - not because I'd like it less, but because my collection has many new members now (although I have to admit that I think I can smell a reformulation to the bottle I bought in 2010).

Nevertheless, I find that here you have a very good example of a place where you should for a short moment ignore the brand of the manufacturer and make your judgement about the juice without any prejudices. Since I'm not a Hollister fanboy myself (and never was) and I don't celebrate the clothes or any other Hollister scent, I was impressed by So Cal from the beginning. A sweet scent, pineapple, a little heavier, but still suitable for the whole year. I didn't have a similar scent DNA under my nose yet, so I didn't have any usual 0815 scent.

Unlike the other creations of Hollister I think that this one is justified for the price and not, as usual, a 5€ water from Rossman with a logo of a hyped teen brand on it and sold for 20 times. As already mentioned above, this fragrance would come from a conventional, well-known designer brand and a bit more expensive on the market - nobody would probably complain (above all, the fragrance would then have become so popular - so it is ignored by many because many Hollisters do not like or take seriously).

The durability is not at all bad, I get about 5-7 hours with it. Projection & Sillage are also neat. So Cal even shows a real fragrance, what you wouldn't expect for a perfume of this brand - if it is seductively sweet at the beginning by the pineapple, so this lies down with time and he gets darker and a bit harsher and the leather gets through a bit.
The sweet would be associated as "youthful", but I find So Cal for everyone under 30 really good to wear.

It's my right that this fragrance isn't more established, so despite "cheap" perfume one smells relatively unique.
ps: Hard to beat as a room fragrance!
7.0 6.0 6.0 8.5/10

Paresuma
Daaaaaaamals I had worn it too. Today he comes to bed
Yes, it was new then. People queuing in front of the store. Everything dark and loud and then this smell.
I was already very attached to the concept and the 100ml Bottle SoCal went of course directly with.

The fragrance is sweet and captures the surfer feeling really well. Everything's loose. All chill.
Today I still have it in my collection, but I can't find it on the skin anymore, but it's drizzled over the freshly covered bed.

But it is simply perfect and it is really simply mega good.

A good night's sleep is assured.
6.0/10

Ysbrand
Underage sex on the beach
They just opened a Hollister store in my town, and wow, how cool is it... i didnt know if i was entering to a themed park, a club or a restaurant or what, so dark, lush fake tropical plants everywhere... it looked and felt like a bungalow in a Pacific island at night. The sound of the waves, strong and loud like the sea is just behind the fake window, with the blinds down, covering a night skyscape... I felt on holidays! yay! And what is that smell? The whole shop is Socal Cologne scented.

So is this a cologne used as an air-freshener or an air-freshener sold as cologne? Air-freshener is maybe not a good word. Lets call it an olfactive atmosphere creator. It can be used as a personal fragance, why not? but is a pleasant scent that could be all-purpose.

Said that, it is not the most refined or sophisticated fragance, I admit, and it falls under the (maligned )tropical/suntan lotion label and certainly not under the "cologne" label. Why do perfumistas in general dislike tropical perfumes? They (the perfumes, i mean, not the perfumistas) make me feel like im on holidays, having fun, swimming in the sea and flirting in the clubs with bronzed skin! how many good memories and associations we all have with this tropical scents? Frangipani, tiaré, tropical tuberoses, monoï, guava, pineapple, coconut, the whole tropical fruit cornucopia, Carmen Miranda, bring it on! But for some reason we sometimes look down at this category, probably because smelling like that is not particularly expensive...

Well, Socal Cologne is not expensive indeed. I havent found the notes anywhere so i will do my best to describe it for you. It is more a tropical fruity floral fragance than a creamier suntan oil fragance . It opens fresh and citrusy, most likely tangerine, and then we have an acidulated tropical fruit mix (something in between kiwi and passionfruit) and watermelon on a woody musky base. A touch of intoxicating frangipani heats up the paradise island picture. It is sweet but not cloying, indeed, it is very refreshing. Socal Cologne is mouthwatering, sexy and basically, very YOUNG.

I am thinking this is the perfect fragance for a teenager so the girls of the school notice him and tell him he smells yummy. Normally this casual clothing brands have very boring forgettable fragances but i wouldnt mind to add this one to my collection,and i would have loved it when i was 16 years old and didnt have Datura Noir or N.3 L´Imperatrice.
7.5 7.5 7.5 10.0/10

Mmmh – California...
SoCal has been my absolute favourite "Good Mood" fragrance for quite some time now. It might be not the most valuable or even the most sophisticated fragrance, bit it does lead to good mood and feeling comfortable.
In any case I like SoCal very much and can´t get enough of it.
Maybe it is a "Pavlovian Response" to reminders of good music, happiness and the "Surfer Environment" in the Hollister Stores, which are almost flooded with SoCal.
SoCal is nicely wrapped in vintage style.
The fragrance starts fruity with some sweetness which is integrated into some woody and spicy notes. The woody and spicy notes strengthen a little bit and provide for a good masculine expression. The woody notes remind me of something in the flavour of Single Malt Whisky.

by Elysium
by Elysium
by DarkWinterCS
by DarkWinterCS

Popular Hollister

SoCal (Cologne) by Hollister Wave for Him by Hollister Wave for Her by Hollister Jake (Eau de Cologne) by Hollister Break Line by Hollister Wave 2 for Him by Hollister Addison by Hollister Crescent Bay (Body Mist) by Hollister Festival Vibes for Her by Hollister California 1922 (Eau de Cologne) by Hollister Wave 2 for Her by Hollister SoCal So Chill by Hollister Festival Vibes for Him by Hollister Malaia (Eau de Parfum) by Hollister Free Wave for Him by Hollister Cali Vibes by Hollister Free Wave for Her by Hollister So Cal Sunset (Eau de Cologne) by Hollister Palm (Eau de Cologne) by Hollister Coastline (Eau de Cologne) by Hollister