Sexy Angelic 2008

Sexy Angelic by Honoré des Prés
Sexy Angelic is a perfume by Honoré des Prés for women and was released in 2008. The scent is floral-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMarzipan
Heart Notes Heart NotesFloral notes
Base Notes Base NotesAngelica

Submitted by Seglein, last update on 28.07.2020.

2.5

Awesomeness
Modern gourmand with a twist
Before I purchased this blind, I read enough reviews about this perfume to know what to expect. What I learned was that HdP Sexy Angelic is a light, powdery, low-sugar, almondy gourmand for women. For the most part, my first wear was consistent with those reviews. However, what I wasn't expecting was grumbling underneath (a base!) and an impression of classic French fragrance.

Yes, Sexy Angelic is a modern gourmand but it's sitting on a layer of what seems to be a classic perfume accord -- Guerlinade. It's only there in whispers, but it's there. I initially picked out the bergamot on top, then vanilla & tonka bean. As it dries, I also picked out just a bit of patchouli & sandalwood à la Shalimar. I'm surprised I'm alone in this observation, but I find Sexy Angelic to be a bit Guerlain-like, which also is to say it's very French.

The reviews are all over the board for Sexy Angelic, and I can see why. In spite of the name, it's not a fragrance for little girls or for Victoria Secret models. It's also not a fragrance particularly well-suited to gourmand lovers, imo. Anyone expecting baby powder & marzipan will certainly be disappointed as well.

My only disappointment is the unevenness of the wear, which is worse than expected. The opening is lovey. After that, I get 1-2 more hours of pleasant, albeit light, wear. Then it settles into a super-soft skin scent, which I believe is consistent with other reviews reporting poor longevity. The scent will last on me overnight, but ultimately it wears like a long-lasting skin scent on me.

I otherwise love Sexy Angelic and am delighted to have it in my collection. However, I doubt I'll replace the bottle once gone. And at my current spray rate, that will be before the year is done.

Popular Honoré des Prés

We love NY - Vamp à NY by Honoré des Prés Honore's Trip by Honoré des Prés We love NY - Love Coco / Love Coconut by Honoré des Prés Nu Green by Honoré des Prés Chaman's Party by Honoré des Prés Bonte's Bloom by Honoré des Prés We love NY - I Love Les Carottes by Honoré des Prés