We love NY - Vamp à NY 2010

We love NY - Vamp à NY by Honoré des Prés
We love NY - Vamp à NY is a perfume by Honoré des Prés for women and was released in 2010. The scent is sweet-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesRum, Tuberose
Heart Notes Heart NotesBourbon vanilla
Base Notes Base NotesBenzoin, Peru balsam, Tolu balm

Submitted by Snowflake, last update on 08.07.2019.

No sex in the city!
As you know, I am knitted a little bit simple from time to time and so nobody will be surprised that I immediately thought of "Sex in the City" or similar stories with the name "Vamp à NY".
My imagination showed young women dressed in a scarce, but not still dressed way, casually swinging their bulging bags of well-known fashion labels, chattering cheerfully through the streets.
Shop windows and men are distributed - nicely and evenly! - reviewed!
Of course, they are also equipped with the right kicks and handbags.
Finally, still chatting and having fun, they end up in some cult bar.
There they "store" picturesquely and with a current cocktail with umbrella and drinking trunks strewn, in one of the noble seat corners.
It goes without saying that their attention often drifts away enough to make every man in their environment think about whether it would be worth it to pinch him in the crisp ass.
(Sorry, gentlemen! But that's the way it is!)

But I didn't expect a late teenager chewing chewing gum, dressed carelessly and visibly bored in a corner of one of the many coffeebars, with no eye-catcher other than a large bundle of pink and light blue balloons
After the fragrance pyramid I really imagined something entertaining, extraordinary, maybe even slightly crazy:
Heavy creamy vanilla soaked with rum - that sounds already very good and it is also here!
But I also ask myself: Why is tuberose actually on its way with a club?
A New York vamp with a baseball bat
Even the "friendly" statement: "Darling, you're getting old! You don't understand this scent", this scent collage can't save me anymore.
Unfortunately the two fragrant, warming and inspiring beauties Tolu- and Perubalsam can't change this.
According to my "clever book" Tolubalsam is supposed to work against lack of inspiration and creativity.
Well, yeah! Here my oh, so lively "Sex in the City"-Phantasie is drawn creatively and racy, heartlessly killed and also the resinous benzoe-spice is no "live saver" for this fragrance composition!
No sex in the city, I'm afraid

This sweet creature is not only pushy, it is also very affectionate!
A "No!", even in the form of a lot of water and soap, does not accept it: it flakes on my skin until it disappears by itself; the time it determines itself.
It's a miracle that this fragrance doesn't yet feel your feet on the table!
I admit: obviously I was on the wrong steamer here from the beginning!
The name "Vamp à NY" has awakened in me ideas that were probably a little too old-fashioned or media-colored.
There is nothing left but a bundle of colorful balloons and some beautiful colorful soap bubbles: but also the burst as is well known soon

Polyanthes
A rum cocktail followed by a large slice of fluffy, vanilla tuberose cake. ...
Initially I get something a bit aquatic tropical fruity, perhaps some lychee mixed with the very sweet rum like note. Then it gets a little heavier with a sweet, fun tuberose and loads of vanilla. Perfectly pleasant, popular but natural smelling, young, easy to wear. It reminds me of Miller Harris Tuberosa, but softer, sweeter and minus the musk. My teenage daughters liked this and they are tough customers, so this is likely to be a people pleaser. Probably not for me but it's very nice and if you are looking for a sweet, heavy on the vanilla tuberose, then this is definitely worth a try.
Sillage and longevity are good, impressive for an all natural, must be those resins.

Yo Ho and a Bottle O' Rum
I am totally intrigued with this line and I have settled on eventually adding one of these "natural/low toxicity" fumes to my collection eventually. It is a question of 'which?' more so than 'when?' for me. Since the cat is already out of the bag on the headliner here, I will spare you another lengthy diatribe on the glories of tuberose. I have traditionally tip-toed away from this flower- finding it to overtly voluptuous for my persona. Let me clarify...I love what this flower does to our senses, our imaginations and our moods, but I have an excess of physical voluptuousness and a precocious aura (so I've been told) that when coupled with my obnoxiously facetiously wit and extroverted nature...is almost overwhelming for many. Being that I am not a full-fledged narcissistic villian yet, I tend to adapt a personal style to temper this raw magnetism so that humankind can just get through the work day without a Supernova event horizon. Also because I am not done sampling all the cheeses, wines and fragrances that exist, I need to just lurk in the background, I have no time to give the fans the performance they cry out for and being a diva is quite exhausting, I would imagine. Anyway, I decided to explore some tuberose options for this spring and the only real tuberose intensive fragrance I had on had to sample after the frenzy of Neroli last year- was this lone sample of Vamp a NY. I first tried this in Hawaii on vacation in Kuaii in a groovy little boutique, between warm breezes and surfer dudes buying organic bananas imported from the Carribe. My mind was open, but I felt underwhelmed like I'd applied another sweet boozy balsamic essential oil blend from the natural food store. Here we are years later in the chill of a wet damp winter evening and I pulled this out again. This is subtle, I give it a 4/10 for sillage and although longevity is decent about 3 hours so far, the cloying rum base is still not shivering me timbers. I will proceed on with my hunt of the perfect Honore des Pres fragrance and for my HG tuberose. This scent reminds me to check out the myriad of tuberose for men fragrances as I might find a balance between the voluptuous and the bracing more suited to my chemistry. Try if you love soothing balsam peru, and sticky sweet rum notes- skip if you like your tuberose tart and wicked, your sugar cubes dowsed in green absinthe and your art more like Dali than Monet.

Sophisticated bubblegum
Vamp a NY is one of the most alluring tuberose scents I have encountered so far and on top that it's even completely natural.

Vamp a NY is sweet (not tooth ache sweet) with a bubblegum vibe, but it's very sophisticated and dark at the same time. Next to the tuberose there is a clear presence of benzoin and vanilla. The benzoin reminds me of the benzoin used in papier d'Armenie incense which is also completely natural and gives this perfume a very lovely sweet and vanilla like vibe.

Vamp à NY
I see an odd blend of tuberose, caramel and mint camphor. Vamp a New York is creamy, fruity, flowery, salty, spicy, candied and synthetic all at once. It is absolutely sweeter than Frederic Malle’s Carnal Flower, but far less teeth-rotting than Tubereuse Couture by Parfumerie Generale. Just like Tubereuse Couture this is a bright floral gourmand, built around a heart of benjoin, cinnamon and tuberose. The dry down is once again very sweet, featuring vanilla-enhanced benjoin.

Simply love Vamp
This is a very simple composition, natural sweet tuberose, not loud and not overly embelished. I really enjoy wearing this buttery sweet tuberose, accompanied with a dash of benzoin and rum, making this quite a balmy perfume. I would recommend for Tuberose lovers.

Not really a contender, in this crowded corner...
Honoré des Prés VAMP A NY is a thick, somewhat undifferentiated tuberose perfume which seems somehow amateurish. The texture reminded me a bit of Versace BLONDE, so I decided to do a quick side-by-side comparison, and discovered that VAMP A NY cannot really compete in the crowded corner of fine tuberose perfumes.

First, VAMP does not smell at all vampy next to BLONDE, which is not in and of itself a fatal blow, but it also just does not smell as good. Ironically, it smells less natural, in addition to being far less complex, despite the fact that VAMP is apparently 100% natural, which Versace BLONDE certainly is not. There is a sort of vague sweetness to this composition, imparted I gather by the vanilla and the rum, but when all is said and sniffed, it really smells rather mushy to me.

In the end what really matters is not the gimmick, or the hype, but the scent. VAMP, to my nose, is one of the least inviting tuberose perfumes I've smelled. It's certainly not repulsive, but there are so many better options out there: BLONDE, FRACAS, NOIX DE TUBEROSE, even CARNAL FLOWER, which I do not particularly like because plant pheromones are not really my thing, but it's still more inviting than VAMP.

I'm happy to have tested this perfume, but VAMP A NY will not be joining my collection. It's just not that good, and I don't really see the point, to be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?). Désolée.

by Hibernation
by Hibernation
by JJ84
by JJ84

Popular Honoré des Prés

Sexy Angelic by Honoré des Prés Honore's Trip by Honoré des Prés We love NY - Love Coco / Love Coconut by Honoré des Prés Nu Green by Honoré des Prés Chaman's Party by Honoré des Prés Bonte's Bloom by Honoré des Prés We love NY - I Love Les Carottes by Honoré des Prés