Iris des Champs (2014)Eau de Parfum

Iris des Champs (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant

Iris des Champs (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Houbigant for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Perris Group.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lily-of-the-valley, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Amberwood, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 05.01.2020.

6.0 5.0 7.0 7.5/10

Subtle daily perfume
This fragance is elegant, subtle and classic. I cannfeel the iris overall with a high presence of musk and muget. The dry down is very soapy. It remember me a lot to other perfumes like infusión diris by Prada, but iris des champs makes me think more of the country vibe. The performance is not bad but is very moderate, even soft; while the quality of the ingredients goes Accord with other houbigants and is very high. I think is a oerfect perfume for a daily use, maybe for work, when Simeone doesnt want to have lot if attention on himaelf.

Scent: 7.5
Originality: 5
Global: 7
10.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

How could he?
Yesterday I was at the perfume shop of my confidence and was also welcomed and served by the seller I preferred, in this case the owner. We always have very stimulating conversations during the shopping project. This is very knowledge-enhancing and sometimes resembles the fireside chats in a club when we drift into world affairs. But that's just by the way.
I arrived with the wish of a summery fragrance. Not too loud, not too citric (then the Acqua Di Parma Colonia would have become my choice).
Soon there was a lively round dance of clear, clean, exotic summer scents in front of me. All very good, that makes the choice difficult. Now he arrived with a nice bottle and the words, "I almost don't dare to put this one here...". I didn't ask, I got it on the test strip. I got a glow on my face. He accompanied it with the words that this fragrance was very beautiful, but also extraordinary.
What did I see? First of all, a very subliminal, flowery freshness. It reminded me of clean laundry. Not that room-filling "freshly washed" feeling. It was different, it was like, like a bedroom equipped with soft and mainly white laundry. Evening light through the window, blackbird chirps outside in the tree and I stand there and the gentle, very subtle laundry scent runs through my nose. A slight sweetness, aha, the rose, interferes. The idea of lying here in bed, wrapped in this wonderful scent and gliding comfortably into a restful night's sleep was almost tangible. Not that it had a soporific effect, it was just the desire to experience it.
Okay, first impression. Now the salesman and I have chatted a little further. But again and again the scent drew my attention to itself. He smiled knowingly. In the meantime, the woods came through. But also very subliminal. It felt like a consistent transfer from the beginning of the fragrance. Not a surprise, but unique and unthinkable. Furthermore, the pleasant feeling of security, freshness and balance of the participants remain components. I couldn't get away from it. And now a soothing vanilla note. The kind of vanilla I've always loved. All other scents lined up on the table and sprayed on fade next to it. And that, although Iris doesn't put on much weight at all, comes along rather gently.

How could he? The guy puts a pure women's fragrance on my table without batting an eyelid and that, since he knows that I've gone up to unisex maximum so far. Do I have to check with him?
No, I don't have to. The man knows his scents in the shop and he knows my scents that I have bought from him so far. He knew about the appearance of Iris, and what this scent on the skin can also do to a man .... Oh, my God, why do you have that clamp in your head? In times of gender/she/es discussions this should not be a reason. Once more I raise my arm and lead it to my nose. I can't believe it. Shoot it through my head. So good ....
Be strong calls the guy in me! Put it away, wash your arm, you wimp...

Too late ... i surrender, I glide into this scent, I fall into the uncovered bed ... the blackbird in front of the window releases triumphant sounds, the soft cushion caresses me, a figure, I think she said her name was Iris Houbigant, in a fragrant nightgown comes through the door and lies very close to me that I feel the skin through the fabric ....

Meeeemme the guy in me complains as he is pushed down in a big washing trough full of fragrant laundry by Iris.

And then: Film tear!

Iris is now in my closet. With the nice packaging that opens when you lift the lid. It then reveals a kind of floral wallpaper inside the box. I think it was also in the bedroom on the wall where I met Iris in your nightgown. Of course Iris stands between my box of the men's watch and the badger hair shaving brush. So that there can be no doubt what kind of a person I am! Maybe I don't want my wife to know what I bought. A woman's scent. She'll take him away from me later. But a life without Iris, that wouldn't be so nice anymore. This anticipation after the shower and the wet shave at the moment when I open the cupboard door, then lift the lid of the box, the flap opens and there it stands: Iris. And then our intimate contact when I let her get very close to me while spraying on. This scent ...

Iris, how could he do this to me?

Beautiful and elegant
I got a sample from a perfumery...and no, it wasn't the one with the blue D...I don't think they carry this scent at all.

Sprayed and immediately perceived as very pleasant. So that I can test it extensively, I have bought a bottling here.

I don't smell carrots ) or pepper, but my nose isn't so good at clashing with fragrances either. What I notice is a fine, powdery, light-floral fragrance that comes warm and soft. It reminds me remotely of L'instant Magic and Petits et Maman...but finer and somehow more elegant. He is more reserved than the above two.

After a while it gets a bit more vanilla but still pleasant and not sticky-vanilla. I think I like this fragrance very much, but I have to say that I find it quite high-priced...if I like it sooo much then I still have to find out.

Emorandeira 102 days ago
Iris, muget and musk... It makes me remember the smell of the country! It is subtle, classic and elegant; unisex and perfect for daily use
6.0
5.0
Jazzy76 22 months ago
A well composed flowery-powdery bouquet where the iris is very noticeable. A clean and discrete elegant scent, although not so longlasting+2

Auch der schönste Sommer will einmal Herbst und Welke spüren. Halte, Blatt, geduldig still, wenn der Wind dich will entführen. Spiel dein Spiel und wehr dich nicht, lass es still geschehen, lass vom Winde, der dich bricht, dich nach Hause wehen – H.Hesse
by Santalwalti
Blütenreich, marzipanrosig, vanillig und lind in buttrigen Grüntönen...so umrahmt empfand ich vor einem Jahr diesen Schmeichler
by Santalwalti
Très bien composé, Monsieur Haubigant! (Jean-François Houbigant, 1752 - 1807)
by Pica
by Agrafena
by TenderPoison
by TenderPoison

Popular Houbigant

Fougère Royale (2010) (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Jardin Secret (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Orangers en Fleurs (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Extrait) by Houbigant Cologne Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Bois Mystique (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Iris des Champs (Extrait) by Houbigant Mon Boudoir (2019) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Jardin Secret (Eau de Parfum Extreme) by Houbigant Chantilly (Perfume) by Houbigant Essence Rare (2018) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Raffinée (Eau de Toilette) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Eau de Parfum Extreme) by Houbigant Lutèce (Eau de Toilette) by Houbigant Demi-Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Duc de Vervins L'Extreme by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale (Extrait) by Houbigant Duc de Vervins by Houbigant