Orangers en Fleurs 2012Eau de Parfum

Orangers en Fleurs (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant
Orangers en Fleurs (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Houbigant for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-citrusy. It is being marketed by Perris Group. Pronunciation

Jacques Flori

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Rose absolute, Egyptian jasmine absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesTuberose, Petitgrain water absolute, Comorian ylang-ylang, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.10.2020.

White flower fantasy
Surprisingly, I love this ultra-feminine white floral perfume though I am not at all a lover of florals. This is Houbigant: able to capture an audience through its masterful blending of ingredients that could smell totally boring otherwise.

Another surprise is that, unlike what others are saying, this perfume stays and projects like crazy on me. Most perfumes, even those considered to have the heaviest sillage and lasting power, disappear on me. In fact, I suspect my nose does not smell very well because I constantly get compliments on different perfumes I am wearing while at the same time I smell nothing. Yes, it is probably olfactory fatigue but I think there is more to it.

Anyways, this perfume opens all airy and light with sweet orange blossoms and a hint of tuberose and settles into this same continuous scent without much change. Is there a bit of ylang ylang? Maybe. I don't get much of the base notes. I would love to smell more nutmeg and cedar. If there is any, I don't sense it.

Overall a very beautiful and easy to love perfume. The bottle and packaging are top notch, as always.
2.5

Fast and Fleeting.
It opens with a soapy Orange Blossom and them warms up to a very sharp white floral (dominated by Jasmine). The dry down is a bit less sharp and more soapy again. The Ylang-Ylang and cedar are hinted at but never fully develop on my skin. It became a skin scent fairly quickly (less than 2hours) and the evolution of the scent was super fast. It had fully faded to nothing within 3-4 hours. Because of how sharp the heart gets with the Jasmine and other white flowers I am going to have to put this on my dislike list. I could feel the potential of a lovely scent, but it never developed that way for me.

White florals (Jasmine especially) has a tendency to get sharp on my skin. If this is not a problem for you I think it'd be more soapy and pleasant. Worth a try at least, if you don't mind how quickly it fades.

Sep
2013

Orangers en Fleurs
very good perfume perfect for summer imho totally and completely unisex ,it's sweet very suave and reminds me of andalucia long promenades during the summer ,very similar to fleur d'oranger by s.lutens but less animalic and less prominent in the indolic side ,sillage and projection here its softier than lutens creation but very pleasant and comfortable scent .

Sweet Nothings
If you want to own a tuberose perfume try Fracas. Don' t let yourself seduced by the nice bottle that contains a powerful top note of tuberose and a less powerful note of orange flower!
It is deceiving. No "grandeur du bouqet" as one expects from the name as if the orange trees have been hit by the frost and lost their flowers before time. I paid the price of not giving time to this scent to develop and show its facets.

Ylang-laced Orange Blossom
I really love orange blossom, in lots of different kinds of perfumes, so I was looking forward to trying this new creation by Houbigant, ORANGERS EN FLEURS. Houbigant has apparently reinvented itself after a rags-to-riches-and-back-again story. Today's Houbigant perfumes present themselves as niche. Are they really? Yes and no, if ORANGERS EN FLEURS is representative. I have a bottle of QUELQUES FLEURS L'ORIGINAL of uncertain date and origin. The bottle looks as though it might be from one of the troughs in this house's storied history, but fortunately the perfume inside smells quite nice.

My new carded sample of ORANGERS EN FLEURS came from Neiman Marcus, so there is no question about the intended market for this fragrance, which I believe sells for about $200. I do think that the flowers smell real, and there certainly are a lot of them, with an emphasis, logically enough, on orange blossom. However, something in the mix is not quite working for me. I believe that it may be the ylang-ylang essential oil which is imparting a dark and almost animalic quality. It's also possible that the jasmine itself is quite indolic, given that it is genuine and not synthetic.

I was musing to myself that had my sample been of uncertain origin and provenance, and had I not known that this perfume was just launched in 2012, I'd have guessed that it had turned. In addition to the slightly dirty or indolic quality, there is a bitter, almost sour edge to this mix, for which, again, I indict ylang-ylang. Whatever the reason may be, I feel that the final result is like a sunny day suddenly obstructed by a million locusts which descend like a storm, inducing in me anxiety as I rush to take cover and hide. I won't say that it's as bad as Hitchcock's birds, since I do not feel that the locusts are going to cause me to bleed, but they are haunting me just the same, even once I know that I am safe inside.

I am sure that the marketing hype does not lie in this case and that the high price for ORANGERS EN FLEURS is justified by the cost of the ingredients. Somehow this potent perfume simply does not sit well with me.

by Rotapanta
by Rotapanta
by Calendula
by Calendula
by JPhx
by JPhx

Popular Houbigant

Fougère Royale (2010) (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Iris des Champs (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Jardin Secret (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Extrait) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Jardin Secret (Eau de Parfum Extreme) by Houbigant Cologne Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Bois Mystique (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Essence Rare (2018) by Houbigant Mon Boudoir (2019) by Houbigant Chantilly (Perfume) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs L'Original (Eau de Parfum Extreme) by Houbigant Raffinée (Eau de Toilette) by Houbigant Quelques Fleurs Royale (Extrait) by Houbigant Lutèce (Eau de Toilette) by Houbigant Demi-Jour (Eau de Parfum) by Houbigant Duc de Vervins L'Extreme by Houbigant Iris des Champs (Extrait) by Houbigant Fougère Royale (2010) (Extrait) by Houbigant