Coco Blanc by House of Matriarch

Coco Blanc is a popular perfume by House of Matriarch for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is gourmand-woody. It is still in production.

Christi Meshell

Hawaiian vanilla, Ambrette, Massoia, Woody notes, Chai spices

Submitted by LuckyDog, last update on 21.03.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Lie
I've been a fan of gourmand fragrances since I was a kid. For a long time in my youth Rochas Man was my companion, no matter if during the day or in the evening, at -20 or +20 degrees. This love has not vanished until today, even if I don't wear it so often anymore. Bleecker Street, Black Phantom or Acqua e Zucchero are some of my new gourmand favorites.
When I came across Parfumo on the Coco Blanc here, the drool was running out of my mouth with the scent, but also with the comments and the name alone. White chocolate, coconut, creamy, sweet. All this painted with me a picture of a tasty revelation and I have ordered a small bottling.
What then happened after the first spray was a mixture of indescribable disappointment and deepest sadness. I already knew the feeling when testing the Laudano Nero where it was described how it resembles the Enigma of Roja. What a dreamlike tobacco vanilla cognac mix this is. Nothing. Just like here at Coco Blanc: WOOD WOOD WOOD WOOD.
In my opinion the Coco Blanc does not deserve to be described as woodygourmandig... the vanilla comes out only sometime however not completely but as a quiet companion of burnt wood. Maybe my nose isn't that far yet, maybe I'm too sensitive maybe I just had a wrong idea and other expectations but here it has nothing to do with gourmand or white chocolate with grated coconut.
You shouldn't expect anything sweet and gourmand here, because you won't find that in this fragrance..
10.0 6.0 9.0 7.0/10

Coco Blanc
QVC 2017 15ml Coco Blanc

A white chocolate vanillic creamy woody fragrance. The chai spice and the wood are prominent in my wearing. Sillage is low, close to the body but you can still detect it. Its not going to announce your arrival but hug you in a warm embrace.

2-3 sprays to the body is really all you need. Im glad HOM is on QVC, it makes their offerings available to a much wider audience with competitive pricing and easy payments. A very smart business move. HOM is a higher price point as it is mostly natural so that is a larger investment than the modern aroma chemicals. It does have depth and a luxe feel.

Unisex to me due to the large wood presence. This is smoother and more likable than Baruti Chai, and a woodier coromandel. I couldnt handle the screechy synthetic Kulfi note in TF . This is a nice option to have. Longevity is 7hrs strong, so if anyone had doubts about that issue, the new QVC version seemed to have addressed it.

by Parfummaster