Boss Bottled (1998) Eau de Toilette

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Original: Peter Schmidt, Redesign: Lutz Herrmann
Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) (Hugo Boss)

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1998. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Plum, Lemon, Citruses
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Mahogany, Cinnamon, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesOlive tree, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 10.10.2018

The fragrance was produced until 2016 by Procter & Gamble

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
If I could save time in a bottle..
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til Boss Bottled passes away
Just to spend this parfum with you
If I could make this scent last forever
If Hugo Boss could make wishes come true
I'd save every spray like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend this parfum with you.

Boss Bottled - a faithful companion who always stays in the background but is not intrusive. He hugs you on days when everything else doesn't fit into life.
Timeless does not seem exaggerated with this fragrance.
He is not outstanding in his performance which is more due to the fact that he was castrated in the last years and therefore probably got an edP version. One must somehow counteract the price decline, there an edP fits nevertheless splendidly around such a beautiful smell to destroy in its durability and Sillage.
For me it still remains one of the best fragrances that always fit when everything else fails
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Watch out!
I used to have the scent more often, because I like it quite well.
It's a very pleasant fragrance that doesn't bother anyone (except every second person wears it, which is quite within the realm of possibility...) and that doesn't have anything particularly prominent or pungent about it.
However, in my opinion, caution is called for! Therefore a tip from me: Use up fast!!
I had a total of 3 vials. And with everyone the same happened: it tilted very fast (and I don't mean "toppling over" here)!
The first one I thought to myself: okay - maybe wrong!? Thereupon the 2nd bottle fetched and also here: after approx. 6 months "tilted". I gave myself one more try and stored everything perfectly. But even then after 6 - 9 months: another "tilting"!!!
What's going on?
I have a suspicion: even if it is not mentioned anywhere; I think there is also caraway with it!
I think you can smell it pretty strong too.
And after some time the caraway smell becomes stronger and stronger, so that you can't use the scent anymore - at least not I! The caraway becomes so penetrating and brutal that the rest is completely covered.
And for this reason he doesn't come into my house anymore - unfortunately!

Author's opinion:
Apparently caraway in a perfume is only relatively short "durable"!?
Because the same thing happens to me again and again with New West from ARAMIS.
And there's caraway in there...
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Less helpful Review
Spot landing, but expensive
The scent is exactly mine! But in view of the much cheaper alternative, far too expensive. Of course, this will also be reflected somewhere in the quality. Maybe it's a small, fine nouance that's different, or the dupe won't last that long. But for me the output is not necessary.
Still a bummer, for those who can afford it and want it.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
"Man of Today" - fantastic all rounder
I have the "Man of Today" edition, but Parfumo won't allow reviews on that page.

I love Boss Bottled from the first time I tried it, it's a classic, pleasant and masculine scent which in my opinion deserves to be as successful as it is. The apple, plum, cinnamon, vanilla and sandalwood combine to make something truly amazing and very versatile. I've used this fragrance at work, suited up, casual dress and only avoided wearing this fragrance during the hotter months.

Fantastic work from Annick Ménardo
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
A faithful companion, through ups and downs - A greeting to BOSS Bottled
It is Monday, with tired eyes I get out of bed, the first coffee and the cool shower at least help my circulation to get going. Mentally, I'm going through the appointments that await me this week. The mood fluctuates between "please don't address" and "why is the weekend so damn fast over? Suit on, a matching tie overturned, the belt also sat better once. "Have I promised my boyfriend I'll stop by after work this week? I should definitely call the insurance company and talk about the last premium increase. While many thoughts shoot into my head at the same time and my brain slowly comes to operating temperature, I mechanically clatter off the morning care routine. The hair is quickly styled and a thin cream is applied. A look in the mirror, looks okay, the long Saturday evening and the even longer days in the office I can't deny today. My face is an open book that paints jaws, I quickly exhort myself to relax. One last reach into the mirror cabinet. My hand embraces the bottle I have grown fond of, the round glass feels familiar, the slight coolness emanating from the material paradoxically gives me a warm and pleasant feeling. I take the upright written lettering was conscious and spray. Once. A second time. Instinctively, I think back to the successful conclusion of the contract in the last quarter. To the compliment I received from my new colleague in the elevator. I'd look as light-hearted as I'd ever do. What about my suits, would they be tailor-made? Of course they're not, but hey. My thoughts wander even further into the past. My final exam. What was I nervous about beforehand. Hours of preparation just to be there at the crucial moment. My first date with my girlfriend? The thoughts I've been thinking about which scent best embodies me. What do I want to stand for? The new Dior Sauvage? To be wild and rebellious, like Johnny Depp? JPG Le Male? She certainly knows how to walk a thousand times along the eye-catching men's silhouette in the fragrance shelf. But would I like to smell like my father? Do I need Role Models to find the right fragrance for me? Do I need the commercials to tell me what I want to smell like? What was I supposed to smell like? In my position, in my age, in my skin?

No. A constant companion for many, many years (oh there it is again, the age, the time that runs mercilessly) who has accompanied me in all these moments. Even in bad times, hard times, failures. They're part of it. Good and bad experiences make us who we are. And they make me feel comfortable with my fragrance companion in every situation. Not because it says BOSS. Not because the bottle stands out from the crowd. Not because the advertising is loudest or the campaign faces are most desirable. Simply because the scent completely convinces me with its versatility, its warmth, its smell of apple strudel. And that for years.

I arrived in the day, in the week. I pull up the corners of my mouth and am ready for the challenges that await me. I feel good! I feel good!
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
All Around Player
To this date the best cologne from Boss. A real classic. A very successful and pleasant mix of apple, cinnamon, vanilla... Very versatile... job, free time, fall, spring, winter. It really somehow reminds me of cold and foggy mornings of the continental cities. Mornings that have that special brisk smell.
A great work by Annick Menardo. Level hard to achieve once again in Boss. Even niche company like Brecourt copied Bottled in Esprit Mondain.

Rating: 7/10
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Old faithful versatile partner
This is a real reliable fragrance. It's versatility converts it in a must for every perfume user. Well, at least it's a must for those who praise versatility or like to travel lite. Don't count with an expressive longevity or sillage because you just won't get it.
Its fresh opening (citrus and apple) do connect well with a dominating cinnamon in the heart notes and the vanilla rulling in the bottom notes. A bit gourmand but manly, as the mentioned sweet notes are always paired by very nice quality woodsy notes - mainly mahogany, sandalwood and cedar.
It does not smell cheap, it's not cloying, you can use it in the gym, and it's even good for dates if you are (or your date is) a conservative person. You will never be let down by this trustworthy buddy and in any type of situation. It will not attract other people attention but probably with a versatile king you just want to smell clean and fresh in many situations like the in office, in a plane, in a theather, watching a soccer game, entertaining your mother in law and so on.
You may use with any kind of weather as well, although it's not a shining star in terms of performance. Boss Bottled will not disapoint you in any circinstance. Well, as people use to say, if you are good at everything you cannot be the best at anything. Boss Bottled is a king of versatility and a mere minor prince in everything else. In what regards performance it's just a commoner.
I do like it, although it's not in my closet front row. In my opinion, and inside the Boss product line, it's only second to Boss Number One (a real number one since more that 30 years ago) and its flankers Boss Bottled Oud and Boss Bottled Intense. The Intense flanker and the recently released Eau de Parfum, are better buys.

My rates for Boss Bottled EDT:
Scent (opening): 7.0 (preety common)
Scent (dry down): 8.0 (more pleasant than opening stage)
Longevity: 7.0 (average)
Sillage: 6.0 (average sillage - one arm lenght - and poor projection at the sillage peak - one hour)
Uniqueness: 7.0 (there are similar and less expensive fragrances on the market like Scuderia Ferrari - Black)
Wearability: 10.0 (any season, any age, day or night)
Versatility: 10.0 (perfect for the office but very good everywhere else as well)
Quality: 8.0 (Hugo Boss knows how to design fragrances with better performance and more appealing combination of notes (but probably with less sales due to a lesser versatility. The only Boss Bottle flankers that made a shift in a more promising direction are B.B.Oud and B.B.Unlimited. B.B. Intense is just.... more intense and a bit more expensive.)
Compliments: 7.0 (A clean fresh and pleasant aroma, but not enough to convince the people around you to follow you with the eyes or to greet you. You will not disturb anybody.)
Presentation: 8.0 (simple bottle but very elegant and effective. Good sprayer!)
Price: 7.0 (You may buy similar scents of known designers, for a lesser price. I paid 45 Euros + taxes for my 200 ml tester and it's going to take a century for me to finish it. I should have bought an 100 ml tester Intense EDP.)

Overall rating: 7.73/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Boss Bottled EDT":
If sillage and projection were good this fragrance would be a smahing hit. Probably that's why Hugo Boss released an Intense EDT and EDP versions. Nevertheless it become confusing for buyers as the three bottles are identical and all the juices have almost the same colour.
Blind buy worthy? Yes if the price is Ok and you just want versatility out of the fragrance. If you are sure that it's Boss Bottled you like, and you may use it for dates or want to attract people's attention, you'd better buy the Intense EDP version.

Music: Carly Simon - "Coming Around Again"
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Best Boss
Sweet apple with cinnamon, in my opinon that's the best Hugo Boss release.

Very unique when released.

This is the inspiration of Ferrari Black.

It's soft but noticeable, suitable for all seasons.

Lasting power, sillage and projection are average. Worth it.

Updated January 2014
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Universally likable
Boss Bottled is quite often mentioned in forums as being an extremely sexy fragrance for men and adored by many women.

Of course I was very eager to try it. Boss Bottled is an extremely pleasant and likable fragrance. Even the sales assistant was quick to agree and state that this fragrance was by far her favourite men's cologne.

I won't go so far as to say it's my favourite, however I do like it, very much.

Although it is primarily spicy, citrusy and a little sweet, Boss Bottled smells very refreshing and clean to my nose. The scent is masculine, however I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a woman wearing this fragrance.

Although the notes listed as part of the composition look promisingly unique, I can't say that it's very different from anything else. Overall, Boss Bottled is a pleasantly wearable fragrance with only a subtle hint of sexiness.

The lasting strength is quite good, the sillage being rather intimate and inoffensive. Personally I enjoy this fragrance from afar and up close. The spicy-woodsy quality is truly enchanting in a sense and the muskiness of the drydown makes this fragrance quite natural smelling. In my opinion, this fragrance should be an essential part of any man's fragrance wardrobe. It's a great go-to scent.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Boss Bottled – The Minute Man
I regard Boss Bottled as the "minute man" of fragrances, totally planned and trimmed to success. Because of this it is a fragrance, which successful men (or wannebees) like to use. To my opinion, it is THE office fragrance, quite pleasant and refreshing. The intensity is exactly to the point, enough to be recognized but not too much to be regarded as intrusive.
Bottled starts with a nice and in this combination rather unique fruity note and contains an inspiring apple note as the "trademark", which is wrapped into some citrus notes. I cannot really discern the citrus notes, but there is also at least a note of geranium as well as some prune. After some minutes, the prune appears to get stronger.
Later the fruitiness gets support by some more woody notes and cinnamon.
The basenote is smooth and sweet with woody notes and vanilla and reminds only remotely of fruits and apples.
On my skin Bottled lasts in this sequence for a complete office day.
As I am spending a lot of time at the office, I like to wear it to this purpose but almost never on other occasions.

Carlitos01 7 months ago
Fruity, fresh, moderatly sweet, spicy and woody! You will never be let down by this trustworthy buddy and in any type of situation.+2
Bottle 8.0
Sillage 6.0
Longevity 7.0
Scent 7.5
Fellini 13 months ago
I tested this fragrance in cold autumn. Sweet and warm scent, but geranium bothers me.

• by Mojtaba by Mojtaba
  • by Bulentbc by Bulentbc
  • by Loopy38 by Loopy38
  • by Thecombad by Thecombad

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Hugo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss