Boss Bottled 1998Eau de Toilette

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Original: Peter Schmidt, Redesign: Lutz Herrmann
Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1998. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with L'Homme

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot, Plum, Lemon, Citrus fruits
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Mahogany, Cinnamon, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesOlive tree, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.10.2020.

The fragrance was produced until 2016 by Procter & Gamble

The classic
A fragrance that everyone knows. Refreshing, fruity and slightly sweet. In my eyes a very sporty scent. Not intrusive and actually suitable for every occasion. Can be used optimally for the everyday life if you do not want to apply anything of high quality.

But I personally would not buy it anymore, because every second person wears it. Unfortunately, these fragrances have become uninteresting for me personally
Still, from the scent, a good perfume.

The old guy
Im gonna be really unpopular here, but its a bit outdated in 2020.

Let me explain: The smell is fresh and fruity, like an apple pie. Souds cool, right? Yeah, but actually no. It has the typical “this is a parfume with the smell of an apple pie” vibe, and its the reason I feel it outdated. Just think about it, the most of the time if someone pick a fragrance, you think about a feeling: his smell is so dark/mystic, he smells like the ocean, he smells like a gentleman, he smells like an orange garden, etc. But no, here you dont feel something like “he smells like an apple pie”, but much more feel the “he uses a fruity fragrance.” - and the difference is here: it feels as a parfume first, and you realize the ingredients just after this feeling, and its not the case with the newer releases.

The fragrance itself a very safe one, but this is not one of thr compliment monsters. Its because the sillage is really weak even is you spray the whole flanker on yourself, and the longetivity not even help out this one, because after the first 3 hours its a skin-scent with 5 cm sillage.

Happily not all bad tho:
The weak sillage and the fresh apple pie smell helps to use it everywhere in every season, fron the office to the gym.
An Evergreen
For me, the Boss Bottled is just one of them. He shouldn't be missing from any collection when you're out in the perfume world. This one is for me the classic office/office scent. It's not disgusting. It is very pleasant and not too pushy However, it is also no longer a highlight. They say, nice smell...Thank you and go on.
Nice advertising campaigns with changing actors. This scent will be around for a while. I think it's one of the most chewed-up scents for Christmas. You just can't go wrong with it
There's not much I can say about the flankers. But original remains original

Classic
The classic par excellence. Everyone had felt it at least once, for me it was my all-rounder for the office during my training in the bank. Never intrusive, yet always present, it never let me down during the day and could be worn in any season. After my time at the bank, I forgot about him, switched to niche fragrances and swore to myself never to wear Boss Bottled again. Almost 6 years after my last date with Boss Bottled, I got him for my birthday and fell in love again. Has been accompanying me through my daily life for a few weeks now and the niche fragrances are only applied in the evening or on special occasions. Long live Boss Bottled!
Chizza
A tribute to my youth perfume
To describe Boss Bottled, many people have already done so. For this reason I would like to revise the commentary and give the feeling of portraying a homage:

At some point, everyone enters the world of fragrances and pretty much everyone will end up as a teenager or young person, on the one hand, at drugstore fragrances, on the other hand, for example, at Kaufhof on the ground floor and test themselves. There they stand, the familiar flacons that everyone has already held in their hands. Every now and then something new from designers, but a lot of old and tried and tested. If you are a man, one of the bottles will be Boss Bottled, which everyone has tested at some point.
I remember: It smelled much better than the majority of the drugstore world and the 100 bottle was usually very cheap. Many friends had it as a teenager, including me. For a long time until my mid-20s. I still remember how a friend used to go all noble when he put the fragrance on in the evening. He owned the world It's still a pleasant scent, but at some point you get a full-bodied smell of this sweet, lightly fermented apple, sweet citrus and this youthfully vibrant cedar. Bottled always reminds me of apple juice. At some point you have drunk just enough and grow out of this linear sweetness.

This year many people turn up their noses when they catch a bottle carrier. I once had a colleague at work who had the 200ml bottle on the table and whenever it came time for interviews, he would put on some good perfume and then strut around like the king. Older colleagues shook their heads but you have to remember, what was you like with 20-23? Many wore sweeter scents than in later times. I myself had it, had Rochas etc pp. Completely different prey scheme. As so often in life, it is also here that one is so far away from one's origins and has no feeling for those who are at this stage so I'd like to take up the cudgels for this time-honored scent. As a reminder, I still have it in my closet, untouched for years.
Until one day my five-year-old son discovered it and chose it as his fragrance. It would be a nice ending. Unfortunately, since the latest Journey Man he lays with Luna Rossa Black, however he came up with it. Well, that he grows out of Bottled so fast, I had not expected that
First star in the sky
If I give a comment to my newcomers, then I have to give it to my entry-level fragrance as well. Hugo Boss Bottled was my got-to fragrance for years and the reason for me to go further and deeper into the field of fragrances. Funnily enough, in my younger years before my 20s, I was absolutely not a perfume wearer. In the family it was not a big issue and I didn't pay attention to the world behind it. In retrospect a small tragedy but probably better for my wallet at that time :)

Hugo Boss Bottled is a timeless classic for me. The apple and citrus fruits are unmistakable on your face at the opening, simply an incomparable freshness combined with a wonderful sweetness. My bottle is now almost empty and I still love this fragrance and that after years! I have currently switched to the Intense version, because I just don't want to miss the fragrance, but the Bottled version is not durable enough. After a few hours, the scent is gone and you can only smell it near your skin. I think that is a pity, because the scent deserves to be smelled longer. Especially the cinnamon note, as well as the wafer-thinly perceptible clove, which merges into a wonderful vanilla note paired with sandalwood, make me want to spray my clothes with one or two blasts of water in everyday life. The fragrance will never get old for me, simply wonderfully balanced and not too intrusive, a wonderful mixture for beginners and in my opinion also wearable all year round! :)
ParfumJohnny
Pioneers into the depths of the fragrance world...
...is the appropriate title for my commentary. If you still know my comments from about 6 years ago, you know that my first contact with the world of fragrances was through the fragrance Bruno Banani Man. However, my personal pioneer in the mid- to high-priced fragrances in the designer area was Boss Bottled EDT. Therefore I have chosen this one, to use it as a pathfinder back to our beautiful parfumo forum.
I have to admit that the entry into the forum at that time as a student has moved me to spend my little money usable for my hobby without exception constantly on new fragrances. Since it almost led to the fact that I had to attend weekly meetings of the anonymous "parfumoholics" to get my compulsive collecting under control, I decided to keep some distance to parfumo. Over the years I have almost completely lost contact with my passion for fragrance. But when I found out about a year ago that a good friend of mine likes to collect scents even for his life, the fire was started again - only this time in a controlled way (hopefully :D).

To the EDT of Boss Bottled I can only say the following words:
Even if many people today label it as 08/15, it was by no means so when it first appeared. Boss Bottled has set a trend with its spicy-woody apple-cinnamon scent and still has, in my opinion, a very high recognition value.
As soon as a fragrance becomes known and successful, its DNA is at least partially used in other fragrances, both by the own company to continue on the wave of success with further flankers and by other companies that would like to profit from the success of a fragrance DNA. In the same way, Chanel, for example, with its fragrance Bleu de Chanel (EDT), has started a wave for the still current, countless "blue" fragrances, which admittedly now also annoy me to some extent.
In all this time, however, I have not yet gotten tired of the smell of Boss Bottled and hopefully never will. At the moment, however, I prefer the EDP version of Boss Bottled Intense, because the EDT has unfortunately lost some of its power and durability in the current formulation. For me personally, the Boss Bottled DNA is an extremely beautiful one - even if it's not quite enough for 10 points. However, if one could also evaluate the points influence and popularity of a fragrance, it would get an even 10!

Finally, I hope that this comment will ensure my lasting comeback in our community and wish you all a nice weekend!
Schmutzfuss
A smell like an old friend!
A classic that says something for everyone and is practically part of the family. Already 1000 times with other fellow men smelled and also already umpteen times carried and nevertheless one does not become bored of him.
It's like longstanding friendships. In the past, people used to spend a lot more time together, but over the years the contact becomes more relaxed and less intense. But when you meet again after a longer break, it's back: the good old feeling of togetherness and familiarity, and it's really the same with this fragrance: I still like to smell it, but it's enough for me to sniff it once or twice a year and I'm happy and satisfied that it exists. The fruity (apple) - spicy/woody scent is timeless, unmistakable and simply classic. Long live friendship!
The all-rounder
Boss Bottled, a fragrance that has been on my perfume shelf since my childhood (or maybe we call it teenage years).
Boss Bottled is also very well known to almost all other men and women.
It may also be due a little to the company's very good marketing, but in my opinion it's mainly because this fragrance is so incredibly versatile. A real all-rounder. It looks elegant on the date, but is just as convincing in the office, when shopping or even in the disco. In a suit or in jeans and t-shirt.
This fragrance goes everywhere and always.
Especially for beginners into the wonderful world of perfumes, who are not yet able to judge when and where which fragrance is perhaps a little too much of a good one, Bottled is a must have for those who can never do anything wrong with it. Not over- or underdressed, he's just always right where you are.

As a young man from 15-20 he was actually always on my shelf and was almost always worn. Fortunately I can afford more than 1-2 fragrances now, I'm more of a guy who likes it when a perfume is just as loud as myself and I don't have a problem with it when some people don't like my fragrances and they get off on them.
But there is still a bottle of Bottled among the different scents on my shelf, and yes I like to wear it every now and then, not as often as before, but whenever I spray it on I like it.

So if you just want to have a really good perfume (which I've never heard about from anyone who doesn't like this perfume, etc.), you'll find it here. Which happens especially with some niche fragrances with different tastes quite), perhaps also for different occasions not the largest selection has or would like or also all others their expensive fragrances do not want to spray in the everyday life, for all these it is a quasi obligatory purchase. But it doesn't hurt anyone else to have this scent on the shelf
The old young Man
I was given the fragrance at the tender age of 18. With deodorant stick! That was 14 years ago. And I still have the scent. Now there are still about 20ml in the bottle (100ML).

The scent blew everyone away at the time it came out. You could smell him everywhere. So strong that the smell is really in everyone's nose, from man to woman. Everyone knows immediately with the smell aroma of apple and cinnamon and the good vanilla that it can be only a smell. Boss Bottled.
Ask people on the street which is the most popular men's fragrance. I'm sure 90% will say Boss Bottled.
From young to old - the fragrance has never disappeared from the picture. Why? Although mainstream is often very ephemeral and dynamic.

It's just the uniqueness. The original. The origin. The source.

It's not the best fragrance - but it's well made and simply stunning in its durability and sillage (Batch 2004-2005).

I rarely use it, which is why I still have it. Cool and dark in the pack, the scent has hardly changed in my nose. But the nose gets older and wants to smell something young from time to time, or have the thought of youth.

DemeteraDemetera 16 days ago
Classic but feels old. (Not outdated), so its not the best pick for a guy in its 20/30’s. Positive: Totally all day/all occasiation scent.
TsoTso 36 days ago
My first 'real' fragrance. I still like it, but wear it less and less - I want to differ myself and prefer the less mass-worn scents.
AithanAithan 49 days ago
Performance is much diluted @ 2017 bottle. Peforms quite similar or lesser to Tonic.
Bottled Intense has performance of older Bottled.
KimJongKimJong 61 days ago
It's still a strikingly good cologne, I think it was rather undervalued because it was so famous and sold too much.
KingPinKingPin 19 months ago
Big Brand Boring Blandness. Banal But Bearable.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Fruity, fresh, moderatly sweet, spicy and woody! You will never be let down by this trustworthy buddy and in any type of situation.
FelliniFellini 3 years ago
I tested this fragrance in cold autumn. Sweet and warm scent, but geranium bothers me.

Boss Bottled
by Loopy38
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss