Boss Bottled 1998 Eau de Toilette

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Original: Peter Schmidt, Redesign: Lutz Herrmann
Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1998. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.09.2021.

The fragrance was produced until 2016 by Procter & Gamble

BtclPat
Elegant companion of the years
I honestly resisted trying this perfume for a long time because pretty much every person in my circle dismissed Boss Bottled as boring since everyone uses it.

After a year, I then let myself get carried away and ordered a sample of the fragrance. The result can be described with a "WoW!"!

What a brilliant fragrance that reminds of a delicious apple pie erninnert, but always modern and elegant smells! I think the fragrance should not be applied at too high temperatures, everything below 25 degrees is suitable but Prima since he is already quite strong in the sillage!

There is a reason why Boss Bottled has become such a 4classic. It's just a unique, super pleasant fragrance that you should just have tested. The rumor that everyone wears this fragrance I think is wrong - I've never smelled him at least in my environment and am often asked about the fragrance.

Conclusion: Do not let other people confuse you, but always try to take a nose of the fragrance yourself, because if he is good, then he is now times good even if he now unfortunately seems a bit boring because almost everyone knows him and many wear him. But still always a good elegant companion throughout the day?
Delta81
Classic or boring mainstream?
One of my first perfumes and for me still a classic. Sweet and fresh with tart apple notes, you can actually always wear. And I still like to wear it. Why do you wear it? Because it smells simply good on my skin, again completely different than from the bottle. It's happened to me several times that I didn't really like this scent on others. A good example that fragrances can smell very individual and also "mainstream" fragrances do not have to be boring. Ultimately helps only test yourself. The durability has unfortunately decreased with time. Nevertheless, less is often more, sillage yes, fog cloud no, too much of the sour apple just no longer smells good. Then rather discreetly reapply.
Dave1528
Entry into the perfume world
I dedicate my first review to Boss Bottled, which was my first real fragrance. It was the entry into the perfume world, back when I smelled him at a friend and me the first time so really thought about it.

About the history I can not really tell. I was too young at the time, but since I came across it about 3 years ago, I could never really part with it. I wear it every season and also for many occasions when I feel like it.

To the fragrance itself here my layman's opinion:

By that I like fresh and citrusy scents, I love the apple in combination with the plum and lemon. It's almost a perfect blend for me with the cinnamon and light vanilla. It's just a pleasant and light men's fragrance I find and that's what makes it so perfect for me to wear very often.

The only thing that "bothers" me a bit about it is the longevity & sillage. I do not have so much experience, but I hardly take the fragrance after 4 - 5 hours. I also find the sillage very subtle. (Which does not mean that it is badly meant, I find it very appropriate to the fragrance)

A fresh classic
When I smelled this fragrance for the first time I was on the road in Bremen. I was as in the Douglas to let me inspire something from the offers there. Then I came across this woody apple with a citrusy freshness. I tried it and was sold on it from the first impression. When I left the store, I had it with me. If you're looking for a fragrance that's not overbearing and fresh, this is definitely a good one.
KevinGrey
The woody apple in the bottle
Boss Bottled - one of the great classics of office fragrances.

In the meantime, many times geduped and reformulated (sometimes bad, sometimes right) but for me still an absolute must in the fragrance inventory, despite all the hypes and cheap dupes, which unfortunately seem to be ubiquitous him at times.
He actually represents a fragrance category that is usually so not mine: the fruity-fresh. The Boss is here but an absolute exception. Here, everything is just right for me!

But now to the detail:

He starts apple-fruity-sweet and woody, but is still fresh in the process. With a look at the fragrance pyramid, this is also not surprising. Here is actually everything in it, which usually deters me to test a fragrance at all ;-) But the composition is just brilliantly balanced and dosed. Especially with its increasing woodiness in the drydown it convinces me.
Especially in the opening, he has a clear freshness vibe, but is not a "Freshi".

From about an hour it is still fruity dominated, but the various woods come through now.

From the third hour onwards, I think the top balance between fruitiness and woodiness starts to come through. Here I find him best.

From the fifth hour he is then "darker" and "more saturated". A "fruitwood scent." Spontaneous thought: "Excellent delicious!"

A fragrance that is especially suited to the transitional season or cooler summer days. In spring, it reflects the burgeoning fruit and in early fall, the apple season.

Its color is more yellowish like apple juice.

It is suitable for gentlemen in the age group between 20 and 50.

The performance is good. It lasts a long time and is also well present all the time. A discreet dosage is therefore appropriate. So he is ideally suited for everyday life and office.

Reformulations, cheap dupes, hypes .....egal! The woody apple in the bottle will remain one of my absolute favorites. Because it is what it is, In the 90s as well as today. THE Boss.
Familiar apple
Who does not know him, the apple scent of earlier days. I had him felt even always in my collection.

And true to today's advertiser Chris Hemsworth, the fragrance exudes a certain masculinity that still pleases today.

Who wants to demand a little more modern and durability from the fragrance, the better to reach for the Intense variant. It is from my point of view one of the fragrances with the one can not go wrong.

Said to be dead by many and somehow still there. To the fragrance itself, is to say the following for the few who may not know him yet.

He acts on me very confident and fruity fresh. Apple dominates certainly quite strongly and is rounded off with some lemon. In the base then still hide woody notes such as cedar and sandalwood. The sweetness he still gets reinforced with cinnamon.

What has happened to me with this fragrance many times, is that he is simply recognized. At least with the Ü30 ern. That is yet... it is called then. And usually comes then still afterwards: "I like!" From therefore certainly nothing bad.

But I would always make sure to get hold of him in the sale, or recommend the intense variant
Always in my collection
Since I can think and have interest in perfumes, I wear Boss Bottled, the apple note is for me the highlight, but I find it a pity that in recent years more and more the durability was lost! But will always be a part of my collection.
5.5
The German Standard
Boss Bottled forms with Joop Homme and Jil Sander Sun the triad of standard perfumes in Germany.

And that's where it belongs. In a series of standard perfumes that you can give to a casual man. Or for someone who is just diving into the world of perfumes. For me it was one of the first fragrances and how could it be, as a teenager you really wanted a Boss perfume. And that's how you got to know each other.

The fragrance is a bit boring in my eyes. Something sweet, not really striking and very simple knitted. The ladies like him anyway, if only as pleasant. Would be what for the fall and winter, if the durability would not be such a cheek. After four hours you can't detect anything at all. And this little what you can still smell directly from the skin is so little, could be smooth a globule.
Compared to many other winter and autumn fragrances, the sillage is a joke. Generally quickly evaporated and even so not really strongly perceptible.
Flacon the standard Boss bottle. Not quite my style.

For me, only a fragrance to go in the jogger briefly shopping at low temperatures. Smell you do it anyway above average good.
Jan2345
Signature scent for autumn to winter with poor durability
I like the fragrance of Boss Bottled really very much. It is a very warming fragrance that is better worn in the colder seasons, but is still very versatile
The shelf life is rather poor with about 4 hours with 4 sprays. (The points for durability can be seen in hours at 4 sprays on all my reviews. For me, the shelf life is over when you walk by someone and they can't smell anything) I recommend just re-spraying.
Sillage is good for the first 4 hours. After that, it becomes body-sniffing for the next 4 hours or so.

All in all, the fragrance is good though. Would him however not umbedingt recommend. Have heard that the Boss Bottled Intense would last longer. I will test that maybe once. I bought this fragrance also only because it was 64 euros cheaper.
So rather fall back on the Intense version

Fruity vanilla classic
I dont get the applepie association that others mentioned, although the applejuice and vanilla are obviously there. Mainstream? Generic? Duh of course, but I dont care. I enjoy it.

In 30 years from now this one will most likely be remembered as the scent of this era while the niches are long forgotten.

BS96BS96 5 months ago
A classic signature scent. Can never go wrong with this sexy apple bomb. All year around massappeal fragrance.
DemeteraDemetera 12 months ago
Classic but feels old. (Not outdated), so its not the best pick for a guy in its 20/30’s. Positive: Totally all day/all occasiation scent.
TsoTso 1 year ago
My first 'real' fragrance. I still like it, but wear it less and less - I want to differ myself and prefer the less mass-worn scents.
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Performance is much diluted @ 2017 bottle. Peforms quite similar or lesser to Tonic.
Bottled Intense has performance of older Bottled.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
It's still a strikingly good cologne, I think it was rather undervalued because it was so famous and sold too much.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Big Brand Boring Blandness. Banal But Bearable.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Fruity, fresh, moderatly sweet, spicy and woody! You will never be let down by this trustworthy buddy and in any type of situation.
FelliniFellini 4 years ago
I tested this fragrance in cold autumn. Sweet and warm scent, but geranium bothers me.

….. ein Mini steht im Walde ……….. ;)
by IrisNobile
by Loopy38
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Alive (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Him by Hugo Boss