Boss Bottled Intense 2016Eau de Parfum

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss
Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Eros (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Bergamot, Lemon, Apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesClove, Cinnamon, Rosewood, Geranium
Base Notes Base NotesCedarwood, Olive wood, Sandalwood, Vetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 19.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Scottish actor Gerard Butler.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss, which differs in concentration.

The ideal gift
Since various comments have already been dedicated to the fragrance, I make here a small decision based on the most important properties.
My opinion as a former (signature) carrier!

Age and type: Play no role. Anyone can wear it.

Fragrance: cinnamon and apple dominant. Sweet. Heavier, darker and less fresh than the EdT. Linear course.

Season: colder days.

Durability: A working day, skin even in the evening still noticeable.

Sillage: 2-3 hours well present.

Place of use: Everywhere.

Compliments: received many. Very easy to like.

Price/Performance: Good if you look at the right sellers.

-----> Buy Recommendation: YES!

Yes: For fragrance beginners and men who wear perfumes infrequently (occasions) or are looking for a "grab and go" perfume for everyday wear. "Just smell good" is the adage here.

No: For those who have been around fragrances for a while and prefer more complex scents.

Personal opinion: for me Boss Bottled Intense is (meanwhile) just too safe. Corners and edges are hardly present. A personal expression is therefore difficult. In use it is actually no longer, but will probably keep its place of honor in my collection.
Beymen27
The Leonardo DiCaprio of perfumes?
The era of the classic Boss Bottled DNA has been around for a long time. This there is namely now already over 20 years. I had a few years ago the opportunity to try the normal Boss Bottled for a long time intensively and thoroughly. The reactions were simply fabulous! I got to try it on many occasions and was never disappointed in any situation! What prompted me to include this perfume also in my collection.
As time passed so did the contents of my bottle. When I decided to repurchase this perfume quite some time ago, I came across the Intense variant. Since the normal Boss Bottled according to some sources should not last as long as before, I reached exactly for this perfume.

What can I say It was as if it had never been gone.
Hugo Boss Bottled Intense is simply a more mature Boss Bottled. Also with this fragrance was often mentioned that it is supposed to not last long. Absolutely false in my opinion.
Applied in the morning and also still enjoyed in the evening.

The Boss Bottled Intense is a very ideal fragrance for autumn and winter days. A Daily Allrounder. Even today and after this long time still an absolute must.

One might assume that the Boss Bottled DNA with all its variations enjoys a slow satisfaction or the noses of it are simply oversaturated? WRONG.

Every time I've been complimented on this scent, it's always been an unknown and very enticing DNA to people. It's hard to believe but it really is.

The fragrance stands out for its diversity. From the beginning to the end. It is often offered as a recommendation Pdm-Layton as a very good alternative, although I can not underline this so. You can guess that the two fragrances tend in the same direction but nothing more, absolutely not comparable.
Where you also have to mention that I would definitely opt for the Hugo Boss.

In conclusion, I can simply express an absolute purchase recommendation. Even blind you could buy this fragrance, as I have yet to meet anyone who did not like this fragrance!

Stay well and see you!

Jannik200999
Never change a running system
Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss. Certainly one of the most famous fragrances ever. Personally, I always found him okay, but have never considered him necessary for my collection. When I then once again browsed the internet, the Boss Bottled Intense caught my eye. And quite honestly, for the price you can dare times a shot in the dark.

Said, done.

So when the fragrance arrived, I was really surprised how well I like this version yet. Yes, he has no rough edges, and yes, he is smoothly ironed like anything else.
But he has that certain something. Apple, cinnamon, sandalwood, somehow he is still comfortable. Especially in autumn he just fits and stands out.
Certainly we have here no masterpiece of creativity, but a solid bench that does not let you down. And sometimes it needs just that.

All in all, I like this Boss. In the fall, he is a faithful companion for me and definitely has its raison d'être.
The classic
Boss Bottled is definitely a classic, there is hardly anyone who has not smelled this fragrance somewhere. With the Intense version now also a possible purchase recommendation due to the improved durability and sillage, which is now in the upper average approximately angelang. Find the is suitable for all who want to have a mass mainstream winter everyday fragrance with a high acceptance and at a fair price. The 200ml bottle there is already from about 60 euros and is thus in the price performance level Top.

Mjom-Mjom
... And then it happened really fast!

Suddenly you were in front of me That's how long I've longed for you!
I dreamt of this moment for nights on end, woke up delighted, wanted only you! I knew what was coming, I did Because I wanted you, with everything that was dear to me Wanted to drop me completely, suck you up, nibble on you, inside me
A breath of air came through the room, warm, and poured in the bouquet of the bouquet of flowers that was on the table in the next room. I shivered a little, but I was not cold, quite the opposite! You looked so horny and smelled so good! I closed my eyes and enjoyed the scent. I thought of your perfect shape and size.
I sighed in delight. The cinnamony-spicy aroma paired with carnation-warm apples caressed my nose, which was now very close to you. And then...

TICK-TOCK. Put it in your mouth Oh, my God, I spilled it on myself. Cause:

I LOVE apple pie, especially so horny tasty fresh from the oven!

This fragrance doesn't remind me of the teen movie American Pie, but it really triggers delicious associations. More adult than the 90's original model, more elegant, sexier A fruity and fresh opening, followed by this incredibly attractive heart note of clove, cinnamon and apple, delicately accompanied by floral chords, the base is woody and fresh, very close and delicious. The apple and cinnamon always floats along discreetly, but leaves room for the other fragrances
But I admit it: apple pie is best with cream. Or vanilla ice cream. Or both The scent doesn't need that, but if you like, you can smear the gym partner of your choice with it and then slobber off. You can, you don't have to.)
The all-rounder...in autumn
As the title suggests, an all-rounder. But Boss Bottled Intense focuses mainly on the autumn. The fragrance is also wearable in winter or even spring, but I prefer the 3rd season.

All-rounder, because it is actually portable in any situation. Whether in the office, in the afternoon or in the evening at the theatre, Boss Bottled Intense always fits!
It is not penetrating or negative, but floats pleasantly with you. Besides, the perfume is liked by really many people.

But...

When I entered the world of fragrance, I was completely thrilled by the scent. But if you're more and more involved with perfumes and always try something new and niche, Boss Bottled Intense will soon fall behind. Compared to other perfumes, the scent seems downright boring. Not very complex and of course not unique at all... you just know it already.

I only wear it now and then, but there are simply much much better perfumes. Meanwhile the Boss Bottled Intense is also more often used as a room fragrance in my house. A few sprays into the environment and you feel much warmer and more comfortable.

An experienced fragrance lover will probably not be able to find anything more to like this Hugo Boss. But for beginners I can make a clear recommendation. This also has to do with the price. On relevant Internet sites, the fragrance is partly already available for under 40€
KnowThis30
That's how an "Intense" has to be!
Although a little soberly thought of as a beautiful fragrance like "Boss Bottled Intense", I would like to base my evaluation on the following points: Intense, Sillage and Durability, Possibility of use, Uniqueness, Flacon and Price. First of all, however, I would like to make some more or less personal remarks, which in my opinion should not be missing in a review of "Boss Bottled Intense"!

Note 1:
Probably every sentence I will write here can and may be projected 1:1 onto the "old" versions of the original "Boss Bottled" from 1998. Even if I still think that the current version is a nice scent, it still differs immensely when compared directly to the original product! Reformulations, batches...who knows!?
Note 2:
Even though the comparison is often made online and in the forums, I don't think "Layton" from "Parfums de Maryl" is a better version of this fragrance. Don't get me wrong, I think "Layton" is a wonderful fragrance, but in my humble opinion there is not enough similarity between the two to consider them in a common development chain. Yes, they do have some similarities, just not enough for me

Note 3:
Since there is also an eau de toilette from "Boss Bottled Intense" that is one year younger - but I can't say whether it is still available - you have to pay special attention to the correct concentration when buying it! A more than suboptimal naming by Hugo Boss!
Note 4:
Everything that can be read from now on should always be read with a little caution from the outside, as this is one of the scents that I always look at through the well-known rose-red glasses

But enough of all this fuss...let's begin!

Intense:
Why do I want to deal so explicitly with the name extension "Intense"? Because in this case it really does what it promises to the inclined buyer. This eau de parfum is not a further development, does not contain any surprising fragrance components or spontaneous de-tickling within the fragrances! No! It is - plain and simple - a stronger version of "Boss Bottled"! Nice...
Sillage and shelf life:
Here, too, I would like to draw a comparison to the current EDT "Boss Bottled", which in my opinion has become less and less potent over the years. If the EDT on me only lasts three to four hours and gets very close very quickly, "Boss Bottled Intense" actually accompanies me over a period of mostly eight hours plus. Of course, it doesn't project like crazy, but the first one or two hours the scent seems to be well and strongly perceptible for the environment.
Possible applications:
Even though I am of the opinion that every fragrance - applied correctly and appropriately - should work at all times, this very topic seems to interest many. Personally, I think "Boss Bottled Intense" is a fragrance that I think can be worn all year round. But if the fragrance is a little too sweet in the middle of summer, you could easily go for the eau de toilette, which is a little fresher and lighter. Good for work, no colleague should be bothered by this scent, especially since DNA has been common in the office environment for several decades anyway.
Uniqueness:
If there is one thing "Boss Bottled Intense" should not be, then it is probably unique and special! As "only" an intensified scent of the original success of Hugo Boss, this scent probably has been under the nose of most of us. On the other hand: In times when new fragrances are apparently being launched on the market on a weekly basis, a certain stability does not seem so wrong to me!?
Many of the fragrances, especially the flankers, will no longer exist in a few years - and if they do, then only overpriced at online auctions or the like -, "Boss Bottled", on the other hand, will probably continue to accompany us for the next decades in some form or another...be it EDT, EDP, Intense or whatever...
Flacon:
What can you say to the bottle? Everybody should know the shape and presentation, since it has been omnipresent on the fragrance shelves for more than two decades - including the differently colored flankers.
Criticism then? No, it's more like a little remark! Even if this might cause the price to rise a little, the simple but beautiful flacon would look good with a more valuable cap and a magnetic closure in my opinion! But that is probably only small stuff...
Price:
In my opinion, there is no way to approach the issue negatively. Even though I haven't seen him - in contrast to the EDT and other flankers of the series - in any perfumery or other store, the prices called for "Boss Bottled Intense" are more than okay! Meanwhile, having arrived at my third bottle, I never had to pay more than about 35 € for 100ml (without guarantee)

Beware The Boss' Wrath!
Sacrificing some of the freshness from the original, this is a definitely a stronger and more tenacious take on the Boss Bottled scent we all know. The scent itself is focused on the spicy vanilla-sandalwood accord, making it more suitable for cooler seasons/environments.

That said, two to three sprays should be enough to last past the eight hour mark. Any more and you risk incurring what I call The Boss' Wrath: the dry-down.

Unlike the original, this has kind of a dark, spicy vetiver focused dry-down that might send others backing away if it's projecting. Consider taking it easy on the sprays to avoid angering The Boss, who should also be taking it easy towards the end.
Memories come back..
Hello dear perfumo friends,

away in front: This is my first comment here. Up to now I have only written a few short statements, because I am a newcomer to this site and I didn't dare to publish one myself, because of all the creative and stylish comments... But with the Boss Bottled Intense it's time now, because especially this timeless classic has a special meaning for me...

We are in the millennium year, August 2000, then a tender and innocent 15 years old... With my 3 siblings we have to share a room, privacy never exists and daily quarrels...
School had started again after the summer holidays and I sat down at the desk (which was first used by whoever was at home first) to do my homework. Suddenly I saw a 100ml bottle made of glass, transparent, light beige liquid, big fat Boss lettering, black cap... "Hmm, must be from the older brother, he'll get everything he wants anyway" was my first thought... "Oh come on, I'm alone now anyway, why don't you smell it"
For your information: If my brother would be present, I would not have dared to come, because our relationship back then was anything but great... Well, and then I had the opportunity to grab my hair and smell... "Mmm, wow, he's awesome" and smelled it again... "Man, I just want to hold my nose all day long and fall asleep like this."

Now, why am I telling a little anecdote about my personal life? Some of you might think that this is not interesting or has less to do with the Boss Bottled Intense. Well, as written above, this is my first comment and the situation described above is my very first experience with a fragrance ever. So I wanted to connect it in this way.

Well, let's get to the Intense version of this for me so special perfume...

About 18 years later, now grown up, Ü30, education, Abi on the 2nd educational path, studies in my pocket, relationship with my brother much much better, both in the middle of life and I personally only recently really started to deal with fragrances more intensively and build a small collection ...

It is spring, April 2018, shortly after my birthday. My brother has been married for a long time and has 2 children. He works a lot and does not live in the same city anymore. But nevertheless we meet again and again at the former parents' house and see us there, too.

It's just another day, a beautiful afternoon on a spring Saturday... After a while we both go into town together, a little stroll, in here, out there... We stand in front of the turquoise and go in, instinctively I go to the Hugo Boss shelves and suddenly I see the same bottle as 18 years ago, with the difference that the colour of the liquid is darker and on the bottle it says "Intense"... "Boy, is this cool, an Intense version of my special Boss Bottled?" Immediately I take the bottle, a test strip at the same time, open the bottle, and start spraying... Behind me one of those annoying saleswomen, I can already feel her breath... "Can I help you?" "No thanks, this is not a good time." Yes, it wasn't the most elegant and kind answer, but I didn't care at that moment, because I wanted to enjoy this moment all by myself... (My brother, by the way, was busy with Armani perfumes...)

So sprayed on the test strip, smelled it, and... "Amazing, just like 18 years ago, only better and stronger." Sprayed on the skin, same thought... I smell this delicious apple in the station wagon with bergamot in the top note just like back then... To let it work for a few minutes, I go to my brother (of course already with a newly packed Boss Bottled Intense 100ml bottle in my hand), look at a few other scents here and there, ask him what he wants to buy (he chose the Armani Aqva di Gio Profumo) and let him smell my scent on my skin again... He directly: "Dude, even better than the normal Bottled" What do I do, although I have already sprayed both my wrists? Go again to the tester and clap my neck full :D
We went to the cash register and he paid for the perfumes...

As soon as I go out, the sweet cinnamon in the heart note comes up my nose, "delicious"... We stroll a little bit through the city, are both hungry in the meantime and treat ourselves to a kebab :) But I am so enthusiastic about my scent that I can smell it all the time on my wrist, even though I and we are surrounded by a great Sillage anyway... Then I tell my brother about the day when I smelled his bottle and I remember this scent ever since... He gets melancholic and I see his joy in his eyes..
Meanwhile it is about 3 hours and we have arrived back at our parents' house, they smell me and like the smell very much... Meanwhile the base note with this super nice and pleasant sandalwood and cedar wood combination has become very important... We sit together a little bit and let the day end like this...

Conclusion:
By and large, this Intense version of Boss Bottled is one of the best fragrances for me personally. I will probably always wear it, because I like it so much. The durability on my skin is 6-7 hours, which is completely sufficient for me and in the first 2-3 hours the projection is very strong. Sillage is very noticeable in the first 3 hours, then it slowly changes to the 'skin-scent', but that doesn't bother me at all.
Except in midsummer, when it would be a little too sweet for me because of the cinnamon, it is wearable all year round. I think you can use it for many occasions (leisure, going out etc.). In any case it is my personal allrounder. But it comes best in spring and autumn. At these seasons I wear it the most.

So, that's it with my first comment here :) I didn't think it would be so long, but I think there is a reason why there are more than 7000 characters available for this function...

I hope some of you like my input and I am curious to see which scent I will write my second comment about...

Until then I wish you all the best and thank everyone here for reading! :)

VG, Salva

How could I?
How could I have rated that scent so highly??

Boss Bottled was the very first fragrance that I, too, was mercilessly addicted to!
It must have been 17 years ago...

I seem to remember that a good friend of mine owned a Bottled clone, which I liked very much right away. His father funnily enough owned Boss Bottled. What a great kind of scent!!!

When I had my first bottle of Boss Botteld, it immediately became my daily companion and my favourite fragrance of all! This fruity and spicy composition was my absolute favourite for years and countless bottles were used up I think today we would speak of signature ;)

Of course the scent is known and doesn't need many words, but I have the feeling that I always perceived Boss Botteld a little bit differently...
At that time I already perceived it as rather lemony and woody, with others reporting about a lot of apple. I have always assumed that this was spoken of a sour, green apple.
Why apple?
I always thought citrus fruits were sweeter. So if apple, then sweet-red!
Even today I'm not sure about the green apple! :-)

At some point I lost interest in this classic.
It was partly too common and when I got to know Fahrenheit 32 from Dior, BB moved more and more into the background...
Many years later I wanted to get a bottle of this good all-rounder again, because it was suitable for quite a lot of situations.
And of course this did not get past one (or even several) reformulations. For me it was not at all as intensive as before! I just thought my taste had changed and the scent had only been interesting for a certain period of my life.

At some point Boss Bottled Intense edt came on the market.
At that time I had already discovered the great first batches of YSL L'Homme and YSL La Nuit de L'Homme, which replaced the part of the bottle. I would still want to recognize slight parallels of the fragrances through the spicy sweetness...
For me, the Bottled DNA was pretty much, shall we say, "sucked out". That Intense edt was no longer a match. And actually I found the successor much too "gummy sweet"! I don't know why, but there was nothing woody and spicy about it.
I just didn't want to like it anymore...

As every designer was given a perfume variant, the "Swiss Army Knife" was also to be given an Intense edt, in which durability and silage were to appear more strongly again.
Well, that can't be helped! Almost no perfume variant in the mainstream is significantly stronger than the edts!

-Bottled EdP-
I was amazed to find out how good that smell was after all!
Intense, strong, sweet, fruity, spicy, warm and with a present projection
This can't be!
It brought back memories of those days...

It looked like the original without being diluted or synthetic.
I think if you would compare the vintage version with this one today, the perfume would definitely be heavier and sweeter Which does not bother me at all with this scent!
Yes, it is not wearable all year round and probably not the better all-rounder, but there are differences in quality that make the Intense EdP fuller, rounder and more mature.
I find this "heaviness", which reminds me of slightly powdered vanilla, paired with this sweet-spicy note, simply so good that it almost seems like a niche version of the current BB!
(And no I don't mean Layton!)
I already feel a little guilty about liking him so much!

Is the scent DNA already so widespread...
Everybody knows that smell already...
It's totally uninteresting and linear for us perfume-nerds...
Not quite for me, apparently!

We are not talking about the Holy Grail...
However, there is something classic, noble, a bit offbeat and at the same time very pleasing about it, that I can't help but ascribe no comment to it. Actually, this also applies to the original version of the fragrance! This DNA was so preachy for those times and of course for my fragrance experiences!

So after all these years, have I fallen for this scent again?
but of course!

Can I rate this fragrance so highly?
how can I not!
How could I?
...thanks for reading...

Rquill67Rquill67 1 month ago
Wow! This is the Boss Bottled to purchase! Absolutely beautiful! Mesmerizing!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
Boss Bottled is a guilty pleasure that remembers me my college time. This version is a bit more adult, not so generic and performs better.
GreMuserGreMuser 5 months ago
Still one of the best signature scents for colder months. Just perfect.
BumpyumaBumpyuma 10 months ago
Good smell - average opening - Average projection for 1.5 hours - Synthetic
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 1 year ago
Beautiful scent, apple cinnamon and vanilla combo warm cosy sent for the colder days and months
AithanAithan 1 year ago
Denser Boss Bottled EDT. Good ladies reaction.
Avg performance. Detect at arm length up to 5 hrs. Then, 1 hr more as noticeable skin scent.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Apple and Cinnamon in (maybe) EDP concentration. It's a semi sweet and semi fresh scent unfortunately a bit generic. Apfelstrudel accord

by MichaelS2019
by AndersWolf
by Nage
by Nage

Popular Hugo Boss

The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Alive by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss