Boss Bottled Oud Eau de Parfum

Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Hugo Boss for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Coty.

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.06.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss, which differs in concentration.

Mass "oud"
Boss Bottled Oud was actually my first oud experience a few years ago; it was a blind purchase and was recommended to me at the time based on my preferences. At least that's what the algorithm thought at the time. I added the perfume to my shopping cart, and the algorithm was right then, too, I have to say in retrospect. Would I buy it again today? Well, I don't know, because the oud image you get here is very different from what you get as a western oud. Not to mention the Arabic region.

What makes Boss Bottled Oud attractive on the one hand and on the other hand it doesn't win any prizes? first of all there is the Bottled DNA. Often discussed, we all know the apple, I don't want to bore anyone. Cinnamon and cloves are also in it, so far, so familiar.
Now the oud here works in a certain way with the sour apple and the citrus note. The oud gets scratchy, which is still in the frame. Beyond that, however, it is pervaded by these sour notes, it smells neither noble nor animalistic, it smells like an oud for the sake of the name. Don't get me wrong: I appreciate this fragrance and find this combination exciting because it's not ordinary. But it's more the oud experience for the "little man", who usually doesn't want to try oud at all. It is Bottled; keyword what the farmer does not know...

In this respect, the whole thing has to be well dosed, not overstraining. You can perceive this craftsmanship. Those who cannot classify it will open their eyes wide like me, when real oud gets under their nose. Oud a la AdP is enough, there are worlds in between.

In the end, before I get back to the fragrance, I still appreciate the present flanker. Not for what it seems to be made for, but for what it is without such thought processes: a nice idea how to combine oud and sour notes without exaggerating this scratchy feeling.
There is no great scent course, the H/S is acceptable for the price of the EdP and everyone who like me entered the world of perfume with Bottled, can no longer smell it, but still has subliminal sympathies or is looking for a tarter variation: here we have an idea. But the quality is not breathtaking, that too must be clear.

Boss Bottled Clove
This fragrance is amazing, I just can’t get enough of it but fair warning: this is not your typical night wear so if you’re into the Invictus, 1 Millions, etc... just stay away from this one. If you’re under 25 this fragrance fragrance will wear you instead of you wearing it.

Boss Bottled Oud is spicy, woody and sweet, I get mainly Apple, Clove and Cinnamon... perhaps a little Oud. It is certainly a more mature frag, manly and not at all versatile so I usually look for occasions to wear it.

To me this is a love but I would never recommend this as a blind buy cause I can see many people hating it, performance is good so it makes it probably my favorite release from Hugo Boss so far.
Right Goud!
And that's an understatement. ;)

For orientation only:
I do own Boss Bottled & Bottled Tonic, but I hardly ever use it. Tonic is a bit too clumsy and superficial in its kind, just a summer scent that remains rather middle class And the original, well, I just had to have it because it is the legendary original. A daring and well-known DNA that is already a legend. Somehow overly bold and therefore sexy, I like that.
But actually, I rarely wear it either.

Now, in most cases, no flanker of it would have attracted me anymore, I could not imagine that Bottled is a fragrance whose original version could be improved.

And then certainly not with oud, which has become like the artificial, sweet, but superfluous cherry on every perfume cake. and so often the respective perfume is not really necessary, to say it defused.
I prefer oud fragrances, which are based on the note by nature.

In this case I was taught a better one, rarely has oud merged so well with the other notes of an already well-known perfume. This makes the apple here a little less annoying, less sticky. At the same time the oud gets a vibe, and doesn't smell like the 0815-ud combination that you can smell in soooo many oud scents for the western market, Saffron-Oud-Rose Combination (or similar).

No, here the oud melts into a wonderful arrangement, it becomes a common chord that convinces immediately For me, the scent remains relatively linear from the opening on, although this may sound more negative than it is... i think it is really great the way it is, i would not wish that there are any developments worth mentioning.

A little bit seems to me, the fruity and sweet aspects may withdraw later, and it sits down a little more in the oudige basis, becomes a little harsher
But that's about it.

All in all, a surprisingly round product, really worth testing, especially if you like oud, and would like to have the opportunity to wear it more often without being offended.
Huh, Mercedes?
Yeah, read it right. and a little introduction before we begin. If you don't like it, it's best to jump on "to the actual scent"...
Meanwhile not quite so great rarity, but there are these scenting systems in cars. For MB this is then called "Air-Balance". Sense, purpose and meaningfulness should not be the topic now. I, for one, think it's great. At MB there are 4 "regular" fragrances. The first delivery(sduftnote) for normal vehicles is a scent that did not appeal to me (but was bearable). A sample set of the other fragrances is also included. Well, they didn't knock me out either. They were all kind of too "bright, fresh and sporty" for me. It's not a miracle tree level (in terms of price anyway), but not suitable for my taste (for the type of vehicle). The intensity of the scent can be adjusted; I drive on the lowest level and therefore the whole thing is really very discreet and unobtrusive. Non-scented noses would probably not even notice it.

By default, a fragrance is only loosened for the Maybach. Fortunately, this is not only available for him, but of course also in the accessory trade of MB (-> 100 ml for a little over 500,- , Yepp). But the sales size is always only 15ml flacons, which are docked to the fragrance system (in terms of price therefore well laminated....). Its scent is exactly what "touches" me in the car and also outside. The scent is called "Agarwood-Mood". The oud note together with the dark fruity harmony is simply great. In fact, so classy that I would have liked to have this scent as a "real" fragrance. It's this masculine, distinctive but subtle oud-smoky note with a dimmed fruity note that I really like in combination. This was the beginning of the odyssey and odyssey through the oud fragrance world. Because I think that many oud scents have a "pronounced rose number and floweriness" in tow and are therefore at least uni sex. Or on the other hand they are so dark-oily-dirty that it almost hurts.

And now for the actual scent.

Luckily, the odyssey could be stopped early (otherwise I could have ordered 100 ml of "Agarwood"). This boss-oud is exactly what I described before with the "Agarwood" fragrance. A bottled flanker of all things? I did not expect that. For me, the Boss Oud has (only) a small base note from the original Bottled anyway, but it contributes just the right dose of masculine alignment. For me, the Boss Oud is not (any more) recognizable as a "flanker", but has a very independent fruity and noudy note. Very nice and unexpected (and glad to have made this one). By the way, according to the packaging, among other things "Genuine, opulent oud with fragrances/spices from the Middle East" is used...soso...

The durability is good, the Sillage dimmed. I have to use a relatively large amount of sprayer to make it perceptible to my senses (and the external test noses).

I am not sure - due to the lack of warmth - if and how he does himself even on warm evenings. In summer I definitely can't imagine it, but in the evening when it gets cooler I can. I have stocked up on it for the time being, out of sockets that it disappears from the market.
NasiGoreng
Surprisingly inspiring blind buy with a tendency to signature
Eight's up! And rightly so!
Okay - I liked the "normal" BOSS Bottled at that time, but I didn't think it was outstandingly good now, but... good! Until the problem with the caraway came (see my other comment).
Therefore I took distance from the smell and had to have it also really no more.
He kept appearing on all sorts of bestseller lists, but I didn't cry for him and ignored him.
Until here on Parfumo I suddenly found out about this BOSS Bottled Oud! Hmmm...
I first compared the opinions here on Parfumo from the EdT with the EdP and did not know how to decide. The pyramids say the same thing. But the decision was easy, because the EdT doesn?t seem to exist anymore!?
To the fragrance:
Yes - he is BOSS Bottled with Oud! Period! So it went to me in any case with the first trial wearing.
The first thought: oh you Sch
! That much apple? So the original DNA is definitely strongly represented! It's not gonna work out! But: after a few minutes the oud comes to the fore! And in a way I have never smelled it more beautiful or better!!
And it's probably true what the OVP says: "100% natural OUD"; synthetic, my ass! Exceptionally I believe the packaging inscription mal!
The apple always remains "smelly" - but apparently apple and oud go so well together - or it is simply a brilliant composition in perfect proportion. In between you can hear some smoke, but it's also not obtrusive and fits very well.
Short and sweet: appley - sweet - spicy - oud!
And there's absolutely no scratchy or anything like that here! I would describe it as gentle, mild, yet strong. For the scent is already pure; it is not a quiet pedal! And in combination with the durability doubtless quite a big one!!
At first, because of the apple, I thought it didn't work much. But meanwhile I felt like this great scent every day. And I have to say that the more often you wear the scent, the more the apple scent fades into the background! Not that it's not there anymore; no, you perceive it all the time - but it "disturbs" less and less and connects in an ingenious way with the whole.
The Sillage is good, but not brutal! I would say that one is already well noticed the first 3 to 4 hours. Which brings us right to the shelf life: Very good in my eyes! 5h very well perceptible; 8h are no problem! Also 12h after the application I can smell him on my breast! And when I get up the next day, he's still recognizable! Hey - what do you want more??
Conclusion:
Definitely a very successful ingenious fragrance that could become my AllDayFavorite!
The original bottle is definitely more recognizable - but I believe only because you know "where" the fragrance comes from. If it were from who else or if it were named differently (and without "Bottled"), it would have quite big chances with many other people too!
And yes: definitely the best BOSS Bottled!!

Servus and lots of fun while testing!
;-)
Painlord
For me the best boss bottled
I recently indulged in the boss bottled EdP intense (which was a little disappointment) and this scent here. For the other fragrance I will write a separate review.

When sprayed on, the oud unfolds brutally in the first minutes, but becomes softer and smoother in the course, but is to be perceived throughout. Of the ingredients that are contained, I can perceive - besides the oud - cinnamon, sandalwood and a hint of clove. I can't confirm that only Oud was planted on the classic boss only Oud. I find the scent already very independent.

All in all, I can say for myself that I feel well dressed with the scent. It is portable for me in autumn and winter. Once it's warm, he'd be too gloomy for me. For me, he is the best Boss fragrance as far as craftsmanship is concerned. The flankers of him (Saffron and Aromatic) I may also test, but are not available at the moment.

To me, he resembles John Varvato's Black Rebel.

Stylish Oud
Hugo Boss released this one as a límited special edition. First as EDT version, and later as EDP. I've got the EDP.

It was sold only in certain stores, although it finally reached some well-known discounters... What is unclear is how long it'll remain available.

Well, this is a very special fragrance. The first question that comes to mind: How oud's note fits into the olfactory universe of Hugo Boss fragrances?

The result responds with extraordinary clarity: "With a lot of class."

This is not a typical "oud fragrance"; this is a Boss fragrance to which the magic of oud's aroma is added, creating something very modern and elegant.

So for those looking for the typical opulent combination of Oud & Rose and Saffron, better look elsewhere....

This is something different. And yes: The fragrance is totally based on 100% Natural Oud's note that is ubiquitous... In a very, very pleasant and stylish "designer" way.

- Longevity: > 8h (skin) , huge in clothes.
- Projection: Moderate, but intense.
- Mood: It is a luxurious and elegant scent, perfect for dressed-up nights.
- Scenario & Occasions: Nights throughout the year, except those that are excessively hot. Perfect for events at dusk. You can also wear it during the day without problem, but it loses part of its mystery.

For me, this perfume is like a Campari: A perfect and sophisticated bitter, and the special ingredient of a luxurious and delicious cocktail...
How could he smell?
Well, why did I spontaneously add my bond order to the souk? I don't know what rode me, I think it was curiosity. Because... I'm not really a bottled fan, I liked it 20 years ago when I still owned one or two perfumes. And I'm not a big oud fan either. At least not if it's too violent, too dominant. But there's a lot of forms. So put in the virtual shopping bag, are only 10ml at a good price - Thank you Schücha, for reliable delivery!!!

Came, sprayed, smelled.
Hmm...
Smells... like... smells like Hugo Boss bottled... with oud taste.
Quite dominant the oud.
Uh... okay. I don't like it.
But when do I wear it? Well, let's see.
3 hours later:
*Wrist-smell*, oh, where'd he go? Has he said goodbye yet?
Too bad. Somehow he had something
...

Yes, that so far my concentrated emotions to this Eau de Parfum - edp? I do not quite believe.

Hope you can imagine better now how he smells... (Tip: Hugo Boss bottled with strong oud note)
Dirty, angular, good!
The first rays of sunshine shimmered rainbow-like in the dewdrops that were beading at the ass antlers of an elf-like apparition, which had been my well known companion for years...
If a fragrance evaluation begins like this, or similarly, I find myself in a state between helplessness and incomprehension in fractions of a second :) Therefore short, crisp and to the point:

Apple, wonderful saffron, cinnamon and a large portion of an oud fragrance are the first things I get into my nose. After about half an hour of soft saffron, the subtly subtle citrus notes and apple of a subtle clove note and over time everything slowly reduces to the consistently powerful oud fragrance.

Nothing for every day, very strong, dark and independent. I like the fragrance a lot, but I can apply it 1-2 times a month maximum, otherwise it would probably make me uncomfortable.

SamuelGustavSamuelGustav 9 months ago
The original DNA with added woody notes (recreating an oud feel, very smooth), i really enjoy this one, it adds classe to the fragrance
Carlitos01Carlitos01 19 months ago
I love cinnamon & oud in a fragrance. Boss produced a nice EDP flask with a shy but elegant oud note and majestically spiced with cinnamon.

by Fencer62
by Fencer62

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss