Femme by Hugo Boss

Femme is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Blackcurrant, Tangerine
Heart Notes Heart NotesStephanotis, Oriental lily, Bulgarian rose
Base Notes Base NotesApricot peel, Amber, Satinwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.11.2019

Face of advertising campaign is model Julia Stegner.

Disdained then, liked now
Back then, when I was 17 or 18, my boyfriend gave me this fragrance for Christmas. Actually a good idea, because I was already very interested in scents when I was a teenager, bathed in pink, fruity clouds of kitschy flacons with small glitter pendants. My motto: The sweeter, the better.

And then there was this Christmas present. The pink water looked promising, but as I sprayed it on, I quickly realized that Boss Femme was not what I had hoped for. All I smelled was powdery flowers, not a sticky, deep sweetness that I liked so much. For me, this perfume was a "mama perfume", a fragrance that perfectly suited a woman over 30. Scratchy powderiness that tickled my nose, paired with fresh lily of the valley and some wood. No, I did not and could not wear that on my skin and passed on my opinion to the chagrin of my now ex-boyfriend. Unfortunately the scent could not be complained, I had already opened it....but what did they do to a mother to whom this "mama scent" would fit perfectly :D Said, I gave it away directly.

And now I am myself at this age and have to think back to Christmas with a smile, because, who would have thought it, suddenly I like the scratchy powderiness and the playful flowery, it must be roses and lilies of the valley (even if not listed above).

The fragrance is feminine through and through, very innocent and unsweet, but different from other powdery representatives. It's hard to describe him, I think he has something very personal, but at the same time he gives the impression of wanting to please many people and of being able to do so.
Maybe I will buy it in the near future, although I am not a "mama" ;)
6.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Sequoia
He ain't gonna hurt nobody
Do you know these fashion phrases, which always extend over the whole republic - from political talks to office talks to the dealer on the weekly market? At the moment I could twist my eyes every time at "the end of the day".

But now I have developed such a phrase: "He doesn't hurt anyone" does not only stand for good dogs. I am happy to give this comment to all things that are pleasing, do not split or attract attention unpleasantly.

Femme is one of the things I can only comment on. In contrast to some other Boss fragrances, I don't find "Femme" totally boring or unpleasant. I like the rose fragrance and the soft amber/wood base. The Sillage is present, but still discreet. Also the sweetness holds back after the beginning.

The fragrance is suitable for everyday use - except perhaps in midsummer. No matter whether Polittalk, office or weekly market: One does not attract attention unpleasantly with it. And the shelf life's okay, too. You survive the working day, but don't take it through the night.

Unfortunately, "he doesn't hurt anybody" usually means that it's not a buying candidate for me. At the end of the day there is a wide range of pleasing scents. Oops, I've said it before...

Guilty pleasure?!
In olfactory terms, Boss fragrances are obviously not in the top league and are often accompanied by attributes such as inconspicuous, unimaginative or boring. I don't want to presume a general judgement about this brand, because Femme is the first Boss fragrance I have tested, and - I like it!

It has a crisp, early summer freshness that does not only come from the usual citrus chord. It also manages without aquatic notes. The variety of flowers never seems difficult or overwhelming to me: it's not midsummer yet, but April or May (which suits me at the moment), when the freesia enjoys the first sun in the cool morning.

Besides - not unimportant - it even lasts longer than half an hour on me. Again and again I get this flowery-fresh Whiff, which pleases me in an uncomplicated way. It may not be unusual, but there are sometimes days when I don't want a statement full of character, but just a nose full of good humour. He's doing great
2.5 5.0 4.0/10

N'importe Quoi, Quoi Que Ce Soit
It's always a bad sign when upon initial application of a fragrance new to me I think, "Hmmm... smells like something that I own and never wear...Hmmm...smells like x, or maybe y, or maybe z..." BOSS FEMME is a fruity-floral fragrance of THAT variety, the ones I somehow acquired but really do not like. A mixture of this and that and quoi que ce soit and n'importe quoi.

BOSS FEMME does not, thankfully, make me sick, but it does contain some synthetic elements which don't fully agree with me and would prevent me from ever considering it again. I have no objection to redundant scents (beyond their redundancy), but to my nose this one is not very appealing at all. I might actually prefer water to this.

Sad to say, but the strengths of BOSS FEMME are its weak staying power and very light sillage! I'm sure that this is a fine scent for someone out there somewhere--or maybe even hordes of people everywhere--but it's really not for me.
7.5 2.5 2.5 5.0/10

Femme
Hugo Boss Femme Smells Like a Copy of
Intimetly Beckham to me it's barely there to light for my taste and i like me and my perfumes to get noticed. it does not last long on me so i'm swapping if anybody's interested
it's a feminine version of a hard Authorian boss Pefume. and it's perfect
to go out with your co workers for a spring weekend Lunch out with firends
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

A floral fragrance for the shy
A very pretty little scent. Nothing extraordinary, but wearable and inoffensive nonetheless.

I particularly enjoy this fragrance's softness and ultra femininity. Although this fragrance is a fruity floral, it doesn't scream fruit or synthetic sweetness, rather it's delicate, natural and unobtrusive.

There's nothing to dislike about Boss Femme. The opening of black currant, freesia and tangerine is pretty and soft. The heart which is made up of lily, jasmine and rose, smells like a fresh bunch of flowers which settles so naturally on the skin. The lemon tree note in the drydown is a lovely way to conclude this scent because it literally smells like a fruit orchard.

I had no problem with the lasting power. I've been wearing this for 4 hours and I can still smell it.

Boss Femme is a delightful fragrance if you want something gentle and feminine that guarantees not to offend.

Danielle 11 months ago

by pudelbonzo
by Schnuffi
by Schnuffi

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss