Boss Orange (2009) Eau de Toilette

Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Luigi Bormioli

Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-floral. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossom, White blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesOlive wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.10.2019

9.0 6.0 6.0 10.0/10

A winter love
Boss Orange, advertised as a sparkling summer scent is my great winter love. I wonder if it's because we met last winter That a Boss Orange set was lying under my Christmas tree and from then on I only wore it on scarves, snowflake covered hair, my neck, in the neckline under winter sweaters and eigtl? Sometimes, when the nights were freezing cold, I even perfumed my bed slightly before I slipped under the warm cuddly blanket. Then I took a deep breath and fell asleep comfortably. Winter memories come to me whenever I smell this scent. It is not a tangy orange, but a very soft, cuddly one due to the vanilla. The Sillage is not outstanding, one can add more often. The fragrance is warm and very soft. I have been asked about this several times. He seems so feminine. It is quite intense and can be perceived in its surroundings - but not for very long. Even on scarves it doesn't last too long, it can only be sniffed at as a hunch. He moves in with me every year in winter to conjure up a little freshness and happiness on gloomy winter days
5.0 5.0 6.5/10

Palonera
from the nose, from the mind
I don't know how long I've been trying - three weeks, four, five, six.
Again and again we met, "Boss Orange" and I, one test resulted in the other and left me more helpless.
I paused, put aside the scent, did not trust my nose and not my skin.
Until I had to realize at some point: It's not the nose, it's not the skin - it's simply that we're not made for each other, the scent and me, that the chemistry isn't right as it is with some people.

I'm sure it was a little bit the first time, too.
On the first test, on my impetuosity, which let me splash too carelessly - the sample had no sprayer, but a long rod, which was and is useful, but which remained unnoticed.
That took revenge with throat scratches, stomach pains, a band around my forehead.
That reminded me to be careful next time from now on.

That got better, I'm sure, but not much love.
No little flirting, no flirting.
She is already beautiful, the "Boss Orange", very (!) moderately dosed.
It is warm, sweet, a little scratchy, unfortunately, but that can be overcome.
And orange - yes, yes, yes, it's all coming from the colour.
Otherwise apple without sine, not fresh from the tree, not even from nature.
In the laboratory, it was rebuilt, trimmed to apple porridge, sweetened, without cinnamon.
A bit of wood in the background and around it, here and there a few flowers, sun-warmed skin, a touch of hairspray on top of that - that's not unpleasant at all, it doesn't even come to mind.
Late summer, early autumn, the sun is already low.
Terracotta, amber, a jar of honey gold.

We have tried the scent and I - again and again, still and still.
But love cannot be forced, not to man, not to fragrance.
Even if he scratches and swings his club too much, he doesn't make anything vibrate, hardly triggers feeling or desire.
Boss Orange" looks strangely flat on my skin, almost disembodied - no corners, no edges that lend contour, make it recognizable, unmistakable.
If I met him elsewhere, next week, next year, I wouldn't remember him - from the nose, from the mind.
And that's actually a shame.
2.5 5.0 6.0/10

Predictable, soapy orange blossom
Unfortunately this fragrance is very similar to many orange scented fragrances on the market today. It has that predictable sweet, orange candy like scent, which for me doesn't push too many boundaries.

Sure, the scent is pleasant and delicate on the skin, but there's nothing about this fragrance that shocks or excites me.

I would have much preferred this fragrance if they had experimented with a raw, juicy orange note, rather than an overly sweetened, synthetic blend of orange.

I was pretty unimpressed with this fragrance's opening, however the drydown was lovely, a soft and feminine scent of sandalwood, vanilla and white floral accords.

Because the scent is so subtle and light, it would make a suitable fragrance for the warmer months and casual wear. Although Boss Orange isn't liked by many, I don't think it would be an offensive type of scent. It's lack of originality is possibly why this fragrance isn't popular.

by ChopIsland
by Echtdufte
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss