Boss Orange 2009 Eau de Toilette

Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Luigi Bormioli
Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-floral. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAppleApple
BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom
White blossomsWhite blossoms
Base Notes Base NotesOlive woodOlive wood
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 17.01.2022.

Orange (night)dream
Boss Orange. What can I say? This fragrance has accompanied me in my youth until I was about early 20s. I myself had and wore him for a while, but mainly used him in this time actually very many female people in my environment.

Somehow the fragrance was always present. And he also liked me. I have even re-bought him several times. When I emptied my last bottle I do not know exactly, but it is definitely a few years ago.

Not too long ago as I accidentally got into a perfumery I need again to Bus Orange.
I still think the scent is kind of ok, but it definitely doesn't live up to what I want to wear anymore.

Very orange-heavy he is of course and for my finding also quite sweet.

My perfume tastes have definitely changed over time. I have observed this especially during my first pregnancy. Fragrances that I loved until then, I could suddenly hardly stand and others to which I previously found no access I suddenly liked. However, this did not change again after the pregnancy, but remained so. Probably it is quite normal that under certain life circumstances the smell taste changes.
The lightness of being..
... or in other words : the desperate search for a poetic sounding title that suggests that I am a particularly demanding copy.

"Boss Orange and I have a long friendship. In 2011 it was the first "real" perfume which came into my possession. Yes, drugstore fragrances can also be beautiful, but the first more expensive fragrance is always something special. It was also a gift from my grandma, who unfortunately passed away a few years ago. So I still own the bottle from back then. It is still half-full and the fragrance seems to be not yet tilted. So let's test it again. With the exception of "Deep Red", the signature fragrances from Boss (for women) all reflect the same concept for me: they're absolutely uncomplicated fragrances designed for the masses. Also "Boss Orange" falls under this scheme - after spraying it on, a sparkling fruity scent immediately rises into your nose. Bergamot and especially the apple are recognizable. Fresh, slightly synthetic and pleasantly sweet. In the further course of the fragrance, the initial effervescence slowly fades into the background - it never disappears completely, but now the orange blossom takes over, embedded in a vanilla base. The subtle effervescence ensures that the fragrance does not seem too heavy, despite the vanilla. No, "Boss Orange" is a true spring and summer scent for me. Perfect for everyday life and also for the office. The sillage is rather close to the body, so you can't overdose it that easily. Only the durability leaves something to be desired - after 5 hours you have to press your nose on your wrist to still be able to perceive some of the fragrance. On clothes it holds a little better. But in itself "Boss Orange" is a nice and uncomplicated fragrance that goes down well. Especially in my school days I was often asked what I wore that was beautiful. I also see the "Boss" fragrances as a good gift idea, especially for women who never or only rarely use perfume. Especially the original "Woman" and this one are really well suited everyday fragrances, which may not make many perfume junkies cheer, but they are a very good choice if you just want to own a perfume
Finally
Finally

I remember as if it was yesterday, it was summer 2009 I was shopping with my mum. Icj had bought me a magazine that contained a few samples, including Boss Orange.

When I was at home I was excited to test this sample because I had seen it on TV several times before and since then I have been really interested to know what Boss Orange smells like. I can hardly put into words how great I found and still find this fragrance (even if it is not the most special for many people) My tummy was really tingling when I smelled it for the first time *.* it is warm and summery not easy but not heavy either, I personally find it a perfect summer scent (but I wear it all year round because I am obsessed :D )

i am not good at describing fragrances (what you smell exactly when or how and what you smell first) for me a perfume is a moment, an experience or a phase.

As said summer 2009 for the first time smelled and immediately in love..but BUYED only on 15..3.2020 :D

And why? How could I not possess this fragrance when I love him so much?! For me personally it was so special and is it of course still that I said you buy it if you think it is ok now is the time now is the time for something big...I can't say exactly why...I just wanted to save this scent...this love for these maybe unimpressive ones is so big that I have waited.
A winter love
Boss Orange, advertised as a sparkling summer scent is my great winter love. I wonder if it's because we met last winter That a Boss Orange set was lying under my Christmas tree and from then on I only wore it on scarves, snowflake covered hair, my neck, in the neckline under winter sweaters and eigtl? Sometimes, when the nights were freezing cold, I even perfumed my bed slightly before I slipped under the warm cuddly blanket. Then I took a deep breath and fell asleep comfortably. Winter memories come to me whenever I smell this scent. It is not a tangy orange, but a very soft, cuddly one due to the vanilla. The Sillage is not outstanding, one can add more often. The fragrance is warm and very soft. I have been asked about this several times. He seems so feminine. It is quite intense and can be perceived in its surroundings - but not for very long. Even on scarves it doesn't last too long, it can only be sniffed at as a hunch. He moves in with me every year in winter to conjure up a little freshness and happiness on gloomy winter days
Palonera
from the nose, from the mind
I don't know how long I've been trying - three weeks, four, five, six.
Again and again we met, "Boss Orange" and I, one test resulted in the other and left me more helpless.
I paused, put aside the scent, did not trust my nose and not my skin.
Until I had to realize at some point: It's not the nose, it's not the skin - it's simply that we're not made for each other, the scent and me, that the chemistry isn't right as it is with some people.

I'm sure it was a little bit the first time, too.
On the first test, on my impetuosity, which let me splash too carelessly - the sample had no sprayer, but a long rod, which was and is useful, but which remained unnoticed.
That took revenge with throat scratches, stomach pains, a band around my forehead.
That reminded me to be careful next time from now on.

That got better, I'm sure, but not much love.
No little flirting, no flirting.
She is already beautiful, the "Boss Orange", very (!) moderately dosed.
It is warm, sweet, a little scratchy, unfortunately, but that can be overcome.
And orange - yes, yes, yes, it's all coming from the colour.
Otherwise apple without sine, not fresh from the tree, not even from nature.
In the laboratory, it was rebuilt, trimmed to apple porridge, sweetened, without cinnamon.
A bit of wood in the background and around it, here and there a few flowers, sun-warmed skin, a touch of hairspray on top of that - that's not unpleasant at all, it doesn't even come to mind.
Late summer, early autumn, the sun is already low.
Terracotta, amber, a jar of honey gold.

We have tried the scent and I - again and again, still and still.
But love cannot be forced, not to man, not to fragrance.
Even if he scratches and swings his club too much, he doesn't make anything vibrate, hardly triggers feeling or desire.
Boss Orange" looks strangely flat on my skin, almost disembodied - no corners, no edges that lend contour, make it recognizable, unmistakable.
If I met him elsewhere, next week, next year, I wouldn't remember him - from the nose, from the mind.
And that's actually a shame.
The first time...
... there it still went. I found the prelude fresh and slightly synthetic, but could recognize apple and bergamot quite well. As it progressed, it became fruity-floral, and I also thought I detected orange blossom. Slowly vanilla crept in, and my preliminary end result was sherbet powder, though not too sparkling anymore. I waited in vain for the woods - I was especially curious about olive wood, which had mainly inspired me to buy it. But I still thought: Well, for warm days you can wear the times.

After about 6 hours I have re-sprayed ... and was horrified whether the synthetic. I had already noticed that the fragrance was slightly synthetic in the prelude, but this time I was downright overwhelmed by it. And it didn't change again. Everything I thought I could detect when I first sprayed it on was gone. It smelled now only synthetic-sweetish.

Whew! So something of a blind bad buy!
2.5

Predictable, soapy orange blossom
Unfortunately this fragrance is very similar to many orange scented fragrances on the market today. It has that predictable sweet, orange candy like scent, which for me doesn't push too many boundaries.

Sure, the scent is pleasant and delicate on the skin, but there's nothing about this fragrance that shocks or excites me.

I would have much preferred this fragrance if they had experimented with a raw, juicy orange note, rather than an overly sweetened, synthetic blend of orange.

I was pretty unimpressed with this fragrance's opening, however the drydown was lovely, a soft and feminine scent of sandalwood, vanilla and white floral accords.

Because the scent is so subtle and light, it would make a suitable fragrance for the warmer months and casual wear. Although Boss Orange isn't liked by many, I don't think it would be an offensive type of scent. It's lack of originality is possibly why this fragrance isn't popular.

by ChopIsland
by Echtdufte
by JulieFä91
by JulieFä91

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Alive (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss