Boss Orange Man 2011Eau de Toilette

Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-woody. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Apple, Bubinga wood, Spices, Vanilla, Frankincense

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Orlando Bloom.

From perfume hell to the scent cloud 7
My friend got that perfume from his mother for his graduation. Something very special for him. Then he wore it at home for the first time "Oh no", I thought, "gag." Much too pushy. Didn't match his body chemistry at all. It didn't match his body chemistry at all, it was like one of those room scents that just mixes oddly with the existing smell instead of refining it. "And then a 100 ml bottle..." I moaned in my mind.
Now the question arose how I should handle the situation - I can hardly tell him that the great, expensive perfume that his mother brought him as a special present makes me stagger backwards out of the room. But on the other hand I am the one who is with him every day.
So I put the perfume in the back of the closet - hoping "out of sight out of mind" would do the rest. - And it worked! He hadn't used it for almost a year
Until today.

I don't know why, but miraculously my boyfriend had rummaged the perfume to the front and hung it up (I hadn't told him until now that I couldn't stand it).
But when he entered the room unsuspectingly, I was hypnotized - what was that wonderful scent that was streaming towards me? I walked towards him. This scent was so sweet and spicy at the same time, I immediately felt warm, relaxed and excited, all at once. "What are you wearing?", I asked dreamily. "Boss Orange from my mum, you know it" he said, stunned by my reaction. "What?" I said. How could one and the same scent on the same person change SO much?! I was amazed, I had never experienced that before. "That's right, I know you," I said casually so as not to expose myself, "you can wear it more often." Inside I was glad to get a cookie - I was already floating on cloud nine.
Brave New World
Hello everybody! This is my first comment - on my first perfume.

Perfumes? If I had been asked 5 years ago what I associate with it, I would probably have primarily told about the funny to bizarre experiences from my childhood in provincial Austria. Of the 4 old bottles of my mother, which always stood in the bathroom cupboard, fixed components of the household goods, with which nobody knew what to do anymore, family was founded and there were hardly any occasions for which showers alone would not have been enough. So I misused the bottles for my own purposes and mixed Nina Riccis Farouche into my father's shampoo, bathed my brother's teddy bear in cologne or distributed L'Air du Temps - I still have the smell of clove in my nose on demand - on my father's steering wheel, preferably before very long car journeys. Or I would have told you about my first time Axe Africa, which a neighbor boy threw at me while plundering his parents' bathroom. Despite an hour in the bathtub, my teacher in the elementary school acknowledged this the next day with "Mei Liawa, you riachst heid owa männlich!".
For my childish nose, all this was far too much, far too alcoholic, too sharp, too penetrating, too unworldly, since I was only used to unmixed natural smells.

And then followed a long period of rest only sometimes I wondered as a teenager in the drugstore why one should spend such large sums of money on stink when any deodorant against the pubertal sweat smell is sufficient.

That day I was deeply depressed, 20 years old, had had to end my 2-year relationship the night before, wandered aimlessly through rainy Vienna after a bad sex date and ended up in an old-fashioned perfumery. The display was old-fashioned enough to appeal to me in my mood. A cup of tea with grandma on the couch would have been just the right thing at that moment, but she lived hundreds of miles away. When the polite, but somewhat age-grandiose woman in the shop asked what I was looking for, I first gaped at her and then stammered something about "warmth", "cosy" and "rainy weather". I didn't even think of perfume in those words. Yet I was handed a stripe.
I smelled wood, crackling open fire, incense, roasted and dried fruits and vanilla crescents in the oven, a fragrance like a protective layer between me and the rain, the dejection and the dreariness. Without saying goodbye, I stumbled out of the store with the strip in my hand, on which I smelled fascinated every few minutes, the strip still smelled after weeks. The very next day, however, I stood in the shop again, apologized for my unfriendliness the day before and bought a 40mL bottle of Boss Orange and the fragrance became my daily companion for some time
Even today I am still fascinated by how rich this fragrance is, one spray is almost one too many. On my skin, it lasts over 48 hours if I don't shower for that long. On clothes I can often still notice it even after weeks. And my 40mL bottle still exists, a small remainder is still there. I have used it sparingly and very rarely because of its fertility and my special relationship with it, as the season and the mood have to suit. In spring and summer it is unbearable to penetrating for me. It is probably very well suited as a beginner's fragrance, since one can still relatively well separate its different fragrance components and can build up emotions to it (similar to TomTomxGo's commentary).
It is also the fragrance for which I have received by far the most compliments and requests, especially from strangers. Yesterday Berlin was covered in deep grey and it was raining, I had to go out in the evening and after more than a year I sprayed Boss Orange again. I walked 100 meters before a young woman on the sidewalk, after she had passed me, turned around and asked me if I smelled so good here.
This moment was also the occasion for my first comment, when I subsequently thought that I should share this story. Almost every one of my perfumes has a special story, maybe I find the time to write one down here from time to time.

Taurus1967
At least beautifully in shell thrown
The small sample of this fragrance has been bobbing around in my bottling collection for more than seven years now, which has continued to grow over the years. Somehow I lacked the motivation to comment, but now it's due, because I can definitely confirm one thing with Boss Orange Man: he's really dressed in a fancy bottle.

Whereby this is to be relativized again somewhat, because at that time it still had a continuous metal strip at the side of the flacon, which was probably sacrificed for cost reasons. But could this mean that the content has been changed or reformulated?

So just in case, I'd better run two tests. The first of the aged but proper samples showed that Boss Orange Man exhales a warm-fruity to woody-spicy depth directly during application. Because of the name, which only presents the somewhat cheaper sub-brand aimed at younger people, one could actually feel reminded of oranges, but this would then be so synthetic that it seems almost absurd. Nevertheless, the combination of indefinable fruit and warm spice with a hint of vanilla was not quite so unsympathetic to me. A little Christmas feeling is coming up. In my mind I had already toyed with the idea of giving the fragrance a generous 7.5 points.

But what seemed to have been well done at the beginning turned out to be the usual test tube brew after half an hour, which continued to flatten further and further.

The counter-test in the perfumery took place about an hour later, but made it clear that the recipe had been tinkered with over the years. Here, when spraying on, more synthetics came to light, whereby the scent takes a similar fruity-spicy path after a short time, but in comparison to my aged sample it appeared somewhat fresher-metallic.

Now I'm wondering what to make of it. My older version is a little more cuddly and especially softer in the drydown, but I have the impression that the durability is more limited than the current version. Boss Orange Man is quite wearable and really suits the younger target group, but older people will rub against the subliminal synthetics, which do not do justice to the high-quality impression of the bottle.

HubertGHubertG 8 months ago
it was a gift, good quality EDT but didn't like it, too fruity, not subtil, like a bohemian fragrance for a CEO wearing a suit

by Irini
by Olli3g
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss