Boss Spirit (1989) Eau de Toilette

Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1989. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Eurocosmesi / Coswell.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Mugwort, Tarragon, Galbanum, Green notes, Peppermint
Heart Notes Heart NotesTarragon, Geranium, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.08.2019

8.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Joe
The spirit of the eighties!
A small simple glass bottle, classic and yet so perfect in form, filled with a golden brown liquid.
For a young teenager I was then, this pretty test bottle my father brought me from one of his business trips was a little treasure!
I remember exactly how pleased I was about this perfume miniature, which one got at that time still in the Amenity small bags of the airlines as advertising gift.
My passion for collecting miniatures had been awakened and thus also the beginning of my passion for scents.
Thousands of flacons later, I sold my collection, which had become too big at some point, a small glass vial from Boss Spirit falls into my hands today and I'm as happy as I was then, because I know that this rarity has not been produced for many years...

So I carefully loosen the small plastic lid with a small applicator on it and put a drop of the golden brown jus on my wrist...

There he is again, the spirit of the eighties.

I'm being thrown back 30 years and have goose bumps!

Man, that was really good, Boss still had it then.
The following creations of the house didn't impress me that much anymore...

A generous walk through the spice rack follows the self-confident, green and tart prelude!
Wonderful herbaceousness, discreet spiciness and yet all finely dosed and coordinated.
Here you can see a perfumer who knows his craft, but we don't know his name...

The distinctive soapiness, the warm, slightly powdery notes, the transition to the woodsy with oriental impact is remarkable.
It follows a wonderfully dry, almost dusty drydown, paired with resinous earthy aromas, for me a spot landing with top marks...

The fabulous durability of the fragrance and that even after all this time is extremely impressive.

The architectural symmetry of the flacon also perfectly matches the clear lines of the fragrance!

A very masculine scent, far away from the metrosexual wave that was already in full swing with other German companions of Boss, such as the very sweet powdery Joop! homme from the same year.

Boss Spirit, how nice to have met you again!

Carlitos01 18 months ago
This fragrance make me think about Boss Number 1 and vice versa.BN1 with no reformulations and BS in production would make me happy.+3
9.0

Hugo Boss - Boss Spirit (1989)
by Morpheus1
by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
by Mustafa
by Mustafa

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss