Boss Woman (2000)

Boss Woman by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt

Boss Woman is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2000. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Sophie Labbé

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Mango
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Violet root
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.03.2020.

4.5
GirlofNow
Well... It's not exactly my fragrance now, but whatever...
In my family almost everybody knows now how fragrance mad I am:D Thank God my grandfather also shares this love of fragrances like me:))) Only my grandfather and my mother are the only ones who know what kind of fragrance I prefer. Since I prefer strong caramel + berry scents, Boss Woman is the complete opposite of that!
I got Boss Woman as a Christmas present from my aunt, she said that she was not sure what kind of fragrances I prefer now and she was impressed by the enthusiasm of the saleswoman... Which, unfortunately, happens to her far too often. Anyway, as I am really ALWAYS very grateful for every gift I get I accepted her gift :) I opened the gift and then we tested it together. ( with us my aunt and me is meant ) She meant that she could not test the fragrance anymore and just put it in the shopping basket, she had no time for testing and had a lot of stress around her ears. I took the fancy bottle out of its packaging. I put two sprayers on my wrist and so did she. We waited a little bit until the pungent alcohol note had disappeared and sniffed at our wrist... I have to admit we both weren't really thrilled...
I thought for a moment what to say to her, or rather, to the scent itself... Since I didn't want to be rude I meant that I can actually wear it quite well when doing sports. She was of the same opinion and only said: "You know, I'm not exactly enthusiastic myself, but for sports this scent is not sooo wrong and partly also pleasant. Pleasant is this fragrance no question!
It smells very fresh and well cared for!
Unfortunately this fragrance is extremely synthetic! I have the feeling that I smell all the time only extremely strong synthetic musk!:(

Since I simply smelled musk all the time, I took a quick look at Parfumo what kind of scents are listed... When I left the mango and tangerine I was a little bit astonished! Because I couldn't smell mango or any tangerine notes! All I have already mentioned and smelled is fresh synthetic musk! Since I did not want to give up this smell so fast, I wore then when I went to the sport. I have to say that I liked the scent a little bit more because I could smell a subtle mango note... Which unfortunately then however very fast had flown away:( Which had surprised me however all the more with this smell was, the longer one carries the smell the more intensively becomes the! Most of my fresh - clean scents evaporate after half an hour (which is admittedly the reason why I hardly wear fresh scents!) but this scent lasts for almost 7 hours! Since I did not have a big scent, hardly any other scent notes could smell out except musk and very discreetly a mango note, I can unfortunately write nothing more to the scent itself...

You're probably wondering what I'm going to do with the scent... Let's put it this way, since it is a gift from my aunt, I will keep it and wear it for sports or in the coming summer time. For the exit I would not consider him, I prefer to carry my heavy gourmand bombs:D.

Bland yet refreshing
I didn't expect much from this fragrance prior to testing it. I wanted to explore more from the Hugo Boss range, and I would have felt incomplete if I hadn't tried all that was there to offer.

Boss Woman, while surprising at first, especially with it's delightfully sweet mango opening, turns out to be just as plain and boring as the bottle it comes in.

This fragrance won't offend; it's office friendly, warm weather friendly and an obvious crowd pleaser. I've smelt so many similar fragrances in the last few years, that I seem to have this constant feeling of deja-vu.

Boss Woman has become one of Hugo Boss' harder-to-find scents, and in some ways I wish that it was more readily available, so that I could see the disappearance of the disastrous Hugo XX instead.

While nicely balanced between fruitiness and flowery accords, Boss Woman makes me think of shampoo and Summer. Clean and simple, is the nicest thing I can say.

One thing that I do applaud is the fact that Boss Woman is barely synthetic. Although I love Deep Red, I do find its plasticine accord too much on certain days. Boss Woman is the first 'natural' scent by Hugo Boss that I've experienced, and for that I'm happy.

The lasting power is pretty good, as is the sillage. Out of the many Summer scents I detest these days, Boss Woman is something I'd prefer to smell on many young girls this coming season, despite the fact that this isn't really my cup of tea.

Clean and Predictable
A Clean Minimalistic scent that is devoid of flamboyance bright garish colors and Overpowering oriental Incense & spices. it has a soapy scent
reminiscent of FCUK and what makes this an odd smell i think it's the Violet Leaf or the Mango but whatever it is
i'm not a fan.

by Meinhardis
by Meinhardis
by Lorilavira
by Lorilavira

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss