Boss in Motion 2002 Eau de Toilette

Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2002. The scent is fruity-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil
Base Notes Base NotesWoody notesWoody notes
MuskMusk
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 03.08.2021.

Farneon
If I had to choose among many bosses, I'd take this one!
I never wanted to be the Boss, but I grew up olfactorically with Hugo Boss, when I first adorned myself with the fragrances of the big wide world and somehow also dealt with. With Calvin Klein, Wolfgang Joop, Jil Sander, Gianni Versace, Thierry Mugler, Karl Lagerfeld and some others of course. One(s) already wore supposedly big names at the beginning/middle of their 20s, even if they were still so slouchy ... at least I was! so I at least! ;-)

From any niche one had not yet a plan, at least not fragrance-wise. But Adidas, Diesel, Lacoste or Aigner it should now also not exactly be. I already went to Douglas and not to Rossmann to supply me with fragrance water! :-) In any case, fragrances from Boss were somehow hip at the time and are now at least in terms of ratings here a "niche existence"! ;-)

Boss Bottled, Hugo, Elements, Soul, Energise, Dark Blue and In Motion were actually once en vogue, although I've already got nothing from the whole flankers and would like to get nothing more. The Scent was the last new fragrance I was "allowed" to experience in a sample and found it awful below the top note. Probably this is due to the 7-second attention span known from the Internet! ;-)

Now I'm a lot older, but the memory of many a Boss remains. For this one, which also has almost 20 years on the hump, it is worth to break a lance. Because we find here - in contrast to Boss Orange by the way! - a finely spicy orange that is harmoniously integrated into a woody-fresh basic mood. I perceive a harmony and coherence, which almost all other fragrances of the brand (meanwhile) is missing.

In this respect, In Motion stands out for me refreshingly from the EDT mainstream, which seems to know only one direction: the one with the synthetic-sweet hammer! Now In Motion is also not my "Next Top Model", but - even if the bottle does not seem so - one of the most elegant and most natural-looking fresh fragrances of the mainstreamers of yore, which are still produced today. As long as it's still around, it's definitely worth grabbing towards summer .... in my opinion!

Standing not very strong
The best thing it has is design. I really like it, it's very compact,doesn't take lot of space, easy to care with yourself even in pocket. The scent is average, nothing special and it didn't surprise me at all,very forgetable. It took about 1hour to faid away and I had to apply again. I wouldn't recommend to buy it because at this price point it doesn't worth money.
Reminiscences of banking training
Sometimes you associate perfumes with certain people, think back to some carefree times and know for sure that this time and also this time with this person is long gone and will never return. That's often a pity, but sometimes people also stand for eras, where you say: I'm glad to have made your acquaintance, but now we both move on for the better.

The Boss ball is a reminder of an old trainee colleague who moved from Saxony to Krefeld on the Lower Rhine especially for the training at Commerzbank. This was probably also due to his girlfriend, who - as soon as he was here - was soon a thing of the past. In any case, he was like a colourful dog because of his sometimes quirky and charming nature. I remember we were sitting in the kebab shop, the four of us, and he jumps up and says: "I have to go, I have to cut the sausage in my potato salad! Or where he was drunk and his heart was filled with lovesickness trying to climb up a traffic light to remove the lights. Didn't work but he was busy for a long time
Anyway, he used two perfumes. Boss Bottled and this bullet here. Was his signature somewhere. I bought this ball once and noticed that not everyone smells the same, respectively you can find fragrances on others, but not on yourself. In fact, I always felt as if I had a flu-like infection when I applied it.
In the aftermath, I guess all that didn't quite fit, the mix. Orange is clearly noticeable, as are the spices. My nose must have been confused that the spices don't follow a clear line. Nutmeg ok, pepper ok but cinnamon and cardamom pure? I don't know. Somehow the scent also smelled like an orange into which cloves had been skewered. The base, I absolutely don't remember it, the smell was penetratingly intense at the beginning. Then it was abruptly completely over. Even if I don't want to miss these memories, the fragrance is not so great in the end, objectively speaking.
I think the scent wanted big things, wanted to be somebody. Just like my colleague always wanted to be. Whether he succeeded, I don't know. But I wish it to him and I will think back to it when I smell the scent somewhere
One of the best!
Boss in Motion is by far one of the best fragrances from Hugo Boss. I can still remember it too well when it came out, especially the bottle I liked very much then and now. Times what completely differently than the 0815 sprayers which one was used to. The fragrance itself is really soothing and pleasant to wear. The orange stands out and lingers until the end. It doesn't change much during its course except that the tangy note is missing at the beginning. You have to apply quite a lot to get 4-5 hours out, because he gets very fast very close what at the same time my demand to buy him again has expired. The woody notes at the end with the orange remain however in memory and therefore Chapeau! at this point at Hugo Boss who have always managed to combine fruits with woods.

GolcherGolcher 2 years ago
it's actually quite nice! I discarded it a while back and sent it to the back of the drawer and wore it today and really enjoyed it

by Baeumchen
by Helge
by Blackslash
by Blackslash

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Alive (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Him by Hugo Boss