Hugo Dark Blue (1999) Eau de Toilette

Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1999. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Alain Astori

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruit, Ginger, Cardamom, Lime
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Sage, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Tobacco, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.08.2019

7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Fusion Club 2003.
Dark Blue was the first Boss fragrance I bought in 2003.
Me and my buddies had planned to go to Münster to the Fusion Club and were looking for a new fragrance especially for this evening.
In the D..... Branch on Cologne's Schildergasse I immediately noticed the dark blue bottle of Hugo Boss.
Already with the first test sprayer I knew that it fits perfectly to this season (it was autumn) and is perfect for the evening.

The hair to Spykes Styled, G-Star bootcut Jeans, Dark Blue Everlast zip-sweater and Hugo Boss Dark Blue fit together like a fist on the eye.

Already in the regional train direction club someone asked me what kind of smell it is and from then on I was convinced that Dark Blue was the right choice for this evening.

Arrived in front of the club with a bit of jitters (was only 16) I came in without asking the bouncer.
We danced off, drank a lot and smooched with strange women + mobile phone number there were also.

I got to hear only positive for the fragrance and one woman even said that she finds the fragrance sexy. I can't believe many people think he smells musty. Clearly between 2003 and 2019 lies already a long time and therefore it can also be natural that something was screwed on him and he smells nowadays really "musty" and "dusty".
Good that my current bottle is still from 2009.

I have just as nice memories of the fragrance as I did of Boss Bottled and have no doubt that Dark Blue is a good fragrance.

2.0/10

Totally disliked!
This was the only cologne I could never stand. What a bad smell which lingers, I am not sure how people still like it. Don't even want to write more about it but that's my personal opinion and am sure many share it.

by Andreas09
by Joe
by Morpheus1
by Morpheus1

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss