Hugo Deep Red 2001

Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Lutz Herrmann
Hugo Deep Red is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2001. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPear, Blood orange, Clementine, Mandarin orange, Blackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesFreesia, Hibiscus, Ginger, Ginger flower, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.10.2020.

The red velvet
"Deep Red" has been with me since I was a child. In 2002 my mother received a bottle of this fragrance from my father. My mother has always been a woman who found it unnecessary to have more than 1-2 fragrances. She always has a motto: before buying a new fragrance, the old one must be used up. She does the same with make-up products. It is safe to say that I do not take after her on this point *smile*.

Thus "Deep Red" became their signature scent from 2002 onwards. She did not wear any other perfume. She had no choice. I was 5 years old at the time and so "Deep Red" is the first fragrance I could really remember. She didn't wear a different fragrance until 2010 - then I bought her a different scent every few years, but... it wasn't the same. Right now she's always oscillating between Deep Red and Scandal. Yes, she now owns 2! I repeat... 2! Fragrances. I made her a scent junkie ;)) But I have to be honest - "Deep Red" is her favorite and also her fragrance. When I perceive it, I immediately think of my mother.

The fragrance starts fruity and velvety. A splash of blood orange, some currant - embedded in vanilla. After only a few minutes, the sandalwood comes to the fore and the fruit's effervescence decreases significantly. Now "Deep Red" smells of a wonderfully warm vanilla-sandalwood combination with a delicate berry velvety touch. Pleasantly sweet and dark, but by no means wicked. The fragrance appears much more mature, elegant and warm. So it remains on my skin until only the woody vanilla remains in the base.

The shelf life is 6-7 hours before I want to add something. The Sillage is rather mediocre - the scent is noticeable, but not room filling. I find it really beautiful, but I simply cannot wear it. It belongs to my mother. But I like to smell it on her
FunnySunny
An old acquaintance, whom I haven't seen in a long time...
as I read above, it appeared in 2001. In early 2002 was about the time where I discovered it. How do I know that for a fact? I was freshly in love and with this man I had my first real relationship. And that's when I discovered this perfume. How often did I stand in one of our perfumeries to spray myself with it, because I could not afford it at that time because of my meager education salary? The saleswomen probably always thought I'd steal it someday because I was in love with this fragrance.

A few months later - in a junk shop - I discovered a dupe. Woooow, an affordable Deep Red. I had to have this. It was not perfect and not 100% the original, but I recognized the scent and it was enough for me. I sprayed myself with it as often as I could from now on. But then this came and that and the euphoria disappeared, the smell stood in the cupboard and stood there so before itself. The desire for perfume had passed, other things were the order of the day.

So the Dupe bottle moved from move to move in my bathroom crates with... Just a little leftover. And I sprayed it on again a few weeks ago. Wow, that still smells good. I just have to stroll into the next perfumery and sniff the original again. And so it happened that I had put on this fragrance again a few days ago. Sprayed neatly and full of joy, indulging in memories, I left the perfumery and let it work on me.

Deep Red, yes, deep red is this fragrance for me. Such a real, oh yes, I must have fragrance. The woody notes add the finishing touches. The fruity scent of currants disappears quite quickly. What remains is a pleasant woody yet fruity scent dominated by vanilla in the base note. It is also a fragrance that I perceive continuously and for a very long time in myself. How strong and long others perceive it I can't say exactly. He'll definitely be noticed. But most of the time I have put it on relatively fresh when I am asked about it.
For me, the bottle goes perfectly with the fragrance. Deep Red was my first great love, like the man I had by my side at that time. And today, after such a long time, I still find the fragrance as stunning as it was from the beginning. Here it is quite clear that I will buy this at the next opportunity. The original must definitely be in my collection. Because he simply still has that certain something that this remaining sip of Dupe simply doesn't have. But I owe this reunion to him. And I'm grateful for that.
Deep Red is Steffi
I got to know this fragrance 5 years ago during my job as a receptionist in a steel construction company.
We were there about 60 people in the administration. One was responsible for distribution, the other for bookkeeping and I was the receptionist.

Steffi was my colleague from the accounting department, a totally strong-willed girl with overblown proportions, not fallen on her mouth. Her heart was at least as big as her butt. She had that certain something. No one would have contradicted that so easily, because there was still something psychological in her that corresponded to the truth.

A girl who spent her free time with her family at various fairs. She had both in her blood; the numbers of the company and the popcorn in the bag. She was as quick-witted on the fairground car as she was at work.
She loved perfumes as much as I did and that was also our point where we found each other.
Every morning the same spectacle:
The one who first came in through the big entrance door was first greeted with love and then came the cloud that opened behind you. Then later it was said how great or blatant a scent came across.
When I first smelled Deep Red, I thought wow, I've never experienced anything like this before. A high feeling of stimulation in the pineal gland.
A kind of "Come closer and enjoy me" and then again "get lost I don't want to see you".
The form of opposites is so incredibly strong.
I smell a certain flower very strongly, but I don't know what her name is. On the other hand, I smell delicate, caressing flower stems in the round dance, which stand like families in a row, which together make such a beautiful bouquet, that I absolutely want to call it my own.

Deep Red is much more than a Hugo Boss perfume. It is a statement for the tender, responsible woman who has her life fully in her hands and yet knows how to enjoy it.
It lasts very long: about 8 - 10 hours at normal dosage; about 8 sprays in all directions. ;-)

I think it's a special species in the perfume world because it's not comparable.

The funny thing is, when I first smelled him, he didn't seem sweet to me, but rather a little bit subtle and with a clear line. I only noticed the soft creaminess and not the sweetness that is there at the beginning.

A great fragrance for many moments in life!
Lady in red
That's how I feel when I wear Deep Red. And with the first splash I am also thinking about how to turn night into day... Dine out in the little black - oh, pardon, little red of course -, go dancing on high heels, apply smokey eyes and see what the evening will bring... Deep Red is promising, sweet and juicy and at the same time dark due to the black currant, slightly wicked due to the mixture of vanilla, sandalwood and cedar wood and spicy and exciting due to the wafer-thin ginger note.
Not always wearable, also not suitable for every occasion, but tempting for every lady in Red!

A nice frag for fall
The woody and vanilla comes through nicely on me with just a touch of spice. Nothing fruity or citrusy for me here, even though I love citrus, especially in the summertime. It is nice, but I wear it today, on a warm summer morning in July, and realized, this is not a fragrance for me when it is warm outside, because the uplifting citrus totally passes me by. I like it enough though to keep it in my collection for autumn days. The image of golden leaves comes to mind with this fragrance, and I am sure I will appreciate it way more when the sun turns orange-golden again with a slight crisp wind in the air.

Juuuust right
Considering this is a pretty easy perfume to purchase as well as there are many reviews of it all over the internet, I expected I would recognize this fragrance due to someone wearing it in public. But I have yet to smell this on anyone else, and I love it.

I don't experience a blast of anything--the scent remains temperate and smooth from beginning to end. It's not like any other fruity floral--the fruit notes aren't too sharp or tart, and the floral notes blend in well. It's not too sweet, not too faint. It has a good balance of everything, really.
2.5
2.5

Deep Red
This should be called Deep Orange because on my skin
I get a blast of Juicy Oranges and Mandrian I expected something more deep and intoxicating worthy
of the Color that made men drop to their feet when a
Madame comes struting and use her wiles
for suduction or in the middle ages people feared it was the symbol of the devil and mortal sin but instend it's tame with no silage it fades within 15 or 20 min I would like it to have more spices mixed with incense with pomergrate to fire this up it's not bland but nothing to wright home about.

Red hot!
It may not be entirely original, but I happen to really love this fragrance. It is the perfect fruity floral for women who are searching for something that is young and sexy, but nothing like the cheap smelling fruity scents on the market today. It is surprisingly sweet yet warm and seductive. It's not a fragrance that will make you feel girly and cute. It is more likely to unleash the sex kitten in you and rouse up the men, than be innocent and shy.

I love its unique blend of blackcurrant, spicy vanilla and ginger, which is so comforting and feminine on my skin. The fragrance is also very versatile; it could be worn both day and night, and is best suited to colder seasons. The lasting power is great too.

Deep Red is such a sensual and almost orgasmic fragrance, one that I can imagine wearing with a tight-fitting black dress and killer high heels on a night that a girl just wants to feel and look stunning.

LexaLexa 4 years ago
And that's why I sometimes miss mainstream fragrances.Sweet oriental,sexy,deep,blood orange and sandalwood.Great one!

by Hexana
by Lexa
by UnterZwang
by UnterZwang

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss