Hugo 1995Eau de Toilette

Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Hugo (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Bob Aliano

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Grapefruit, Green apple, Mint, Pine needle, Rum, Thyme, Cedar leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Geranium leaf, Jasmine, Lavender, Sage, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Sandalwood, Fir balsam, Vetiver, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.02.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Zac Efron. The actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also brand ambassador of the scent.

Rookie
What can you say to this scent. Had tried it again in the offer and then let me give it as a gift set for Christmas
He stands out. You can wear it to work or school. It's a great way to get into fragrances. It's not disgusting or overbearing. But you don't like it anymore either
Or if you don't know what to wear today, take this Jeans + shirt + Hugo = Ok

In another life
I'm at a red light with my 68hp super scooter. I am quite late and therefore impatient. I look around and see you. I immediately have a stone in my stomach.

The last time I saw you, you tormented me very much and smiled bravely. See you soon, you said, but it was goodbye forever I had no idea what pain it was for you to be near me. We met in a phonetics class. We quickly became friends, since we had the same kind of humor, liked the same bands and had similar interests. You used to laugh when I imitated the professor. I laughed when you told jokes. We exchanged books and discussed them during the breaks I was so happy to have found a real friend. One you can fight through the college craziness with. I didn't realize I was more for you. I probably should have realized it, but I never had a feeling for it before. I didn't realize that your hugs with me always lasted a little longer than with the other students. I didn't notice the way you smelled my hair. When you kissed my hand to greet me, I thought it was a joke and laughed. You always sat down with me and as if by chance our arms touched or your book was accidentally lying at home and we had to put our heads together over my copy.
At some point, after many joint lectures and seminars, you couldn't stand it any longer. You always hoped that I would come to you and turn you and me into a we But it didn't. So you left. Dropped out of school, out of my life I was sad, but I understood
Now you stand there and wait for the pedestrian light to turn green. You look good. Tall, still athletic, the dark hair and the well-groomed beard frame your face. Your outrageously long eyelashes only hide a small part of your smart, shining eyes. You are wearing a fancy suit and a briefcase. You look nervously at your watch. I wonder if you still smell of Hugo. Because that used to be your smell. So many have worn it, but for me, that smell will always be associated with you. Fresh, spicy, a little woody. Very 90s style - but it looked so good on you.

I don't know what I would like more: For you to see me and I can smile at you one more time, or for you to walk past me without paying attention.
That's when you gave me a mix tape. I didn't know that was part of your courtship. You played your favorite Metallica song on it. I'm nervous, so I turn on the radio.
Sometimes there are such coincidences in life - and on this day one thing had to happen that I see you here. I had to be late, otherwise I was a painfully punctual person. A road was closed and I was diverted. And now the radio station is playing "Nothing else matters". You look up. You recognize me. You shine at me and wave I wave back, smiling slightly hesitantly. For your eyes are sad again after the great surprise and joy of seeing me again. You walk past me with your head bowed. On the other side of the street you turn around and look at me. You smile bravely. You look at me for a long time, then you touch your chest with your right hand. On the heart. I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. So I don't realize that my light has turned green. I don't hear the horn behind me either. You laugh out loud and point at the light. I get a fright, then I start driving. But before I do, I'll take a quick look at you. Still smiling bravely
In another life, you told me then. So long.
Vittek
Everyday scent for the office
I have been given this fragrance as a gift and I like to use it for work. It smells masculine and suitable for the office. This fragrance is a good gift for perfume beginners who are looking for an everyday fragrance for work

Original fresh aromatic
I had bought this originally back in the day when I was nineteen years old after smelling it on a friend after I bought it I wore it until I could not stand the scent of it.
I bought it a few years ago now I’m thirty-four I have fallen for it again it is so fresh and the woody aspect to it is fantastic it also has some spice to it but not to much
It’s clean fresh and understated it doesn’t announce massively when you enter a room but as you mingle with those around you it gets compliments and respect.
There are tons of other alternatives but for me this is my original fresh aromatic that I owned
And I’m glad I got him again

Hugo the workhorse
My memories are still quite fresh from the time when Hugo came to the perfumeries in the flask bottle. Somehow I didn't think it was so wrong and the packaging was quite fancy. Nevertheless, the spark did not jump. And a few years ago I got a small atomizer - unfortunately not a miniature - as a present, so I finally wanted to deal with it intensively, but I delayed the test again and again.

Last week I finally got him out of there, but I don't think I have to introduce Hugo here. It is a simple, well known and well-tried fragrance, which has almost a quarter of a century on its back and many fans and opponents around it. I don't have to rethink my purchase decision, it's just not a fragrance for me. Nevertheless I have to certify objectively that it is simple, but neatly done. Personally, this unobtrusive freshness, discreetly reminiscent of any fruit, spices and flowers, even if rather synthetic and without any of the notes protruding, convinces me, but in addition also this bitter note, like a kind of counter stroke or counter point.

This makes Hugo an unobtrusive companion for me, who doesn't sweeten and plunder as much as many of his later companions from the same stable, but looks serious - almost ideal as a discreet eau de toilette for everyday work.

On the other hand, I can imagine that many perfumers are tired of him and would prefer to shoot him into orbit without a return ticket. I would then find 7 points a little bit less, 7.5 almost too much. Nevertheless, I round up well-disposed, because it has a certain recognition value.
Hugo Boss simply remains Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss Hugo, a fragrance that appeared before my birth and still has cult status.
My father wore the scent for a long time and when I got old, where you wanted to smell good, this perfume was my first choice.
Surely this fragrance is known to every man and woman, but a rating of 6.6 is completely inappropriate, because ''Hugo'' has more to offer !
The perfume begins with an intense, very pleasant freshness, which continues to the base and does not escape. I find him very masculine, where perhaps some would contradict me, but this strength which this ''Hugo'' shows is unique in my opinion. One feels well with the scent and perceived, because surrounded persons take up this scent positively and have already given me some compliments.
Sillage and durability in the good range and the bottle is timelessly beautifully designed.

In summary, I can recommend him to any man of any age, despite the in my opinion too low rating, and advise him to try, since he has become damn cheap in the meantime and you get for this money a great value for money. Try it and convince yourself !
Naive wrong decision
i bought the scent in the late '90s on the basis of a consultation. What initially appeared to be youthful, fresh and masculine robbed me more and more of the air to breathe. Hugo is one of those fragrances that take the air away from me when he's too intense in the room. I was glad the bottle disappeared from my bathroom again. Meanwhile I even find him disgusting

Smells of memories past
If I smell sandalwood, I instantly think of my father. If I smell Tommy Girl, I think of my first crush. Smells do that, they hone in on times, situations and people. That's also true with Hugo.

The smell is 1996, the soundtrack is Brit Pop and the attire is jeans, Burberry shirts and a Harrington jacket. The overwhelming smell is fresh, but not really one dimensional; there are a few spicy, zesty and fruity notes there, lingering in the background.

Hugo will always be a classic for me, I think it was the first 'real' aftershave I owned, but it's an aftershave for 15 year old me. It's the aftershave of parties, school discos and furtive, nervous kisses. When I smell it now, it smells dated, but I don't know whether that's because my tastes have changed or because everyone's tastes have changed.

A few years back I bought a bottle for nostalgia's sake, but I soon discovered that I could no longer pull it off. Great for evoking memories past, but definitely a young man's scent in my opinion.

A bit sharp for my personal tastes
The popularity of this fragrance is immense. Many guys smell like Hugo, either that or a Lynx deoderant that smells a little similar.

Hugo is quite a bold fragrance. In cold weather it really shines, however I find in warmer weather it makes me nauseous. It's quite green and fruity with hints of minty freshness and powerful, aromatic herbs.

It's a mixture of warm apple pie, mint chewing gum and a sachet of lavender for sleep benefits. I think if this fragrance were more subtle I'd probably like it, but for the time being, Hugo is a little sharp.

Synthetic, yes. Like a mish-mash of laundry soap, mouthwash and a herb garden, that never seems all that believable. Men probably wear it because it's safe and well-known. Although it is pleasant and likable in some ways, Hugo isn't a woman magnet, at least not in my opinion.

The sillage and longevity are great, really powerful, so I guess that's one plus. I'm rather underwhelmed by Hugo, but I will admit that there are some of my female friends that wouldn't want to smell anything else on their man. I guess it's true; beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, or nose at least.

HubertGHubertG 1 year ago
my teenage scent, now I find it synthetic, too much stuff, the bottle was a breakthrough at the time I completly understand the success
VmitsopoulosVmitsopoulos 1 year ago
Classic fresh scent
PioPio 2 years ago
A classic perfume. Really versatile.
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
A classic scent you can never go wrong with, light but not too light. An apple orchard on a beautiful spring day, daytime scent for office.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
5.5
Might work as a young man’s summer scent, but there are certainly better options out there.
MrHonestMrHonest 3 years ago
One of the first bubble gum frags, with an emphasis on sweet apple and mint - the brother of the OG Tommy. Synthetic, greenish and smooth.
ParfummasterParfummaster 4 years ago
A great fragrance with freshness and spices in it. Hugo Boss Hugo Man is very zesty and sour and fruity. It is very good for the summertime.

Äpfel ausm Automaten
by Gaticalina
by Gaticalina
by Floyd
Men at Work: Hugo the Mechanic (für Fresh's Challenge)
by Mimara
by Stardust
Hugo von Hugo Boss - Milchkanne mal anders
by Chnokfir

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Alive by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss