Hugo 1995 Eau de Toilette

Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Peter Schmidt
Hugo (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty. Pronunciation

Bob Aliano

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil GrapefruitGrapefruit Green appleGreen apple MintMint Pine needlePine needle RumRum ThymeThyme Cedar leafCedar leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnationCarnation Geranium leafGeranium leaf JasmineJasmine LavenderLavender SageSage CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMossMoss SandalwoodSandalwood Fir balsamFir balsam VetiverVetiver SuedeSuede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.09.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Zac Efron. The actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also brand ambassador of the scent.

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

A Flask Full Of Freshness
The mistral blows. A cool and fresh wind comes from the north, bringing a unique fragrance with it. It is a mix of sea salt water, aromatic and spicy herbs, and mossy pine woods. Smelling that fantastic aroma, I see an open-air place chock full of aromatic plants and fragrant flowers in a vast shoreline of the Camargue, a natural region located south of Arles, France. Hugo cologne has all those vibes and memories hidden inside it. Released the same year as Le Mâle Eau de Toilette is a green, resinous, and aromatic fragrance that's easier to wear and fresher on the skin compared to the latter. Several flankers followed the OG, and I have got many of them; they are all good, but Hugo remains the best, in my opinion.

The opening is lively, citrusy and herbaceous, and comes from a fruity and aromatic cocktail of thyme, green apple, mint, basil, and grapefruit. The freshly sliced apple pulp melts with the sour bergamot juice, and the mint is heavenly. It's a juicy and slightly sweet green apple that mixes with a refreshing dose of fresh mint, creating that classic Hugo Boss signature opening. Together with this blend, I get an alcoholic tinge. Well, the alcoholic vibe subsides, but almost immediately afterward, when the pine needle and cedar leaf kick in, it returns. Not as strong as in the beginning, but still. If I were to pair this accord with a liqueur, it would be a glass of chilled French Vermouth, although the list mentions Rum. The green apple is just a hint, not too heavy, and it doesn't have a key role as in #Bottled.

The heart notes are a floral garden of spicy carnation, sweet geranium, and jasmine. It is nice green, aromatic, and slightly salty. When it is healthy, velvety sage is glossy, bushy and gives off that delicious earthy and moldy aroma. Its suede-like grey leaves remind me of the Provencal countryside. The redolence assumes a watery facet, so crisp and so refreshing. However, it is an aqueous feeling, nothing salty or marine.

Its dry down is mostly mossy and balmy, with oakmoss and fir balsam keeping it clean but muddy with enough warmth. A green and earthy vetiver balances the creaminess of the sandalwood while a smooth leather lingers in the background. It's masculine, sensual, green, and very soft.

Users may consider it for younger guys, but I am in my late 50s and still enjoy it very much. It is an all-around good green splash that seldom, if ever, disappoints and always gets compliments. While it's not a potent scent, it's pleasant for people to smell on you. It's sporty, youthful, and energetic, so it's perfect for casual wear or in the office. Wear this scent during the warming days of spring or through the heat of the summer. It wears well in the daytime, is a smart casual cologne, and can easily be used for formal and informal situations. Hugo is closely akin to Cerimonia pour Homme, and the recently reformulated CH Men Eau de Toilette without the sweet accord, all are alternatives with a closely similar vibe.

I base this review on a 75ml bottle I have owned since January 2020 (BC 9324, 2019-11-20).

-Elysium
All beginnings are.....
...unspectacular.
My entry into the world of fragrances in the 90s.
Got my first bottle from my mom. The fragrance was then just hip and a must-have for young men between 16 and 20. How it smells??? Unspectacular. Fresh, inconspicuous and clean. A real fragrance for teenagers just.
And yet I still recognize him today among 1000 fragrances.
Unspectacular but somehow unique.
Perhaps also many many memories hang on the fragrance. Therefore, he is unmistakable for me.
Thank you Hugo for a successful start in this world. ❤️
In another life
I'm at a red light with my 68hp super scooter. I am quite late and therefore impatient. I look around and see you. I immediately have a stone in my stomach.

The last time I saw you, you tormented me very much and smiled bravely. See you soon, you said, but it was goodbye forever I had no idea what pain it was for you to be near me. We met in a phonetics class. We quickly became friends, since we had the same kind of humor, liked the same bands and had similar interests. You used to laugh when I imitated the professor. I laughed when you told jokes. We exchanged books and discussed them during the breaks I was so happy to have found a real friend. One you can fight through the college craziness with. I didn't realize I was more for you. I probably should have realized it, but I never had a feeling for it before. I didn't realize that your hugs with me always lasted a little longer than with the other students. I didn't notice the way you smelled my hair. When you kissed my hand to greet me, I thought it was a joke and laughed. You always sat down with me and as if by chance our arms touched or your book was accidentally lying at home and we had to put our heads together over my copy.
At some point, after many joint lectures and seminars, you couldn't stand it any longer. You always hoped that I would come to you and turn you and me into a we But it didn't. So you left. Dropped out of school, out of my life I was sad, but I understood
Now you stand there and wait for the pedestrian light to turn green. You look good. Tall, still athletic, the dark hair and the well-groomed beard frame your face. Your outrageously long eyelashes only hide a small part of your smart, shining eyes. You are wearing a fancy suit and a briefcase. You look nervously at your watch. I wonder if you still smell of Hugo. Because that used to be your smell. So many have worn it, but for me, that smell will always be associated with you. Fresh, spicy, a little woody. Very 90s style - but it looked so good on you.

I don't know what I would like more: For you to see me and I can smile at you one more time, or for you to walk past me without paying attention.
That's when you gave me a mix tape. I didn't know that was part of your courtship. You played your favorite Metallica song on it. I'm nervous, so I turn on the radio.
Sometimes there are such coincidences in life - and on this day one thing had to happen that I see you here. I had to be late, otherwise I was a painfully punctual person. A road was closed and I was diverted. And now the radio station is playing "Nothing else matters". You look up. You recognize me. You shine at me and wave I wave back, smiling slightly hesitantly. For your eyes are sad again after the great surprise and joy of seeing me again. You walk past me with your head bowed. On the other side of the street you turn around and look at me. You smile bravely. You look at me for a long time, then you touch your chest with your right hand. On the heart. I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. So I don't realize that my light has turned green. I don't hear the horn behind me either. You laugh out loud and point at the light. I get a fright, then I start driving. But before I do, I'll take a quick look at you. Still smiling bravely
In another life, you told me then. So long.
Vittek
Everyday scent for the office
I have been given this fragrance as a gift and I like to use it for work. It smells masculine and suitable for the office. This fragrance is a good gift for perfume beginners who are looking for an everyday fragrance for work

Original fresh aromatic
I had bought this originally back in the day when I was nineteen years old after smelling it on a friend after I bought it I wore it until I could not stand the scent of it.
I bought it a few years ago now I’m thirty-four I have fallen for it again it is so fresh and the woody aspect to it is fantastic it also has some spice to it but not to much
It’s clean fresh and understated it doesn’t announce massively when you enter a room but as you mingle with those around you it gets compliments and respect.
There are tons of other alternatives but for me this is my original fresh aromatic that I owned
And I’m glad I got him again

10 short views on the fragrance
ParfummasterParfummaster 5 years ago
A great fragrance with freshness and spices in it. Hugo Boss Hugo Man is very zesty and sour and fruity. It is very good for the summertime.
OrandaveOrandave 1 year ago
Old but good - a classic for every day. Fresh, green and aromatic.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Fresh, green, with a bit of sweetness. A citric apple with basil and thyme, slightly floral, synthetic smelling and with a woody drydown.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
A classic scent you can never go wrong with, light but not too light. An apple orchard on a beautiful spring day, daytime scent for office.
MrHonestMrHonest 5 years ago
One of the first bubble gum frags, with an emphasis on sweet apple and mint - the brother of the OG Tommy. Synthetic, greenish and smooth.
More statements

Images

33 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Alive (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Him by Hugo Boss