Hugo (1995) Eau de Toilette

Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt
Hugo (Eau de Toilette) (Hugo Boss)

Hugo (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Bob Aliano

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Grapefruit, Green apple, Mint, Pine needle, Rum, Thyme, Cedar leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Geranium leaf, Jasmine, Lavender, Sage, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Sandalwood, Fir balsam, Vetiver, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.02.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Zac Efron. The actor Jonathan Rhys Meyers was also brand ambassador of the scent.

Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Clean scent
It has a clean smell, quiet profile and not very announcing yet it's refreshing. I believe this EDT is good for daily use.

Also, I have to mention that sillage is below average.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Hugo Boss simply remains Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss Hugo, a fragrance that appeared before my birth and still has cult status.
My father wore the scent for a long time and when I got old, where you wanted to smell good, this perfume was my first choice.
Surely this fragrance is known to every man and woman, but a rating of 6.6 is completely inappropriate, because ''Hugo'' has more to offer !
The perfume begins with an intense, very pleasant freshness, which continues to the base and does not escape. I find him very masculine, where perhaps some would contradict me, but this strength which this ''Hugo'' shows is unique in my opinion. One feels well with the scent and perceived, because surrounded persons take up this scent positively and have already given me some compliments.
Sillage and durability in the good range and the bottle is timelessly beautifully designed.

In summary, I can recommend him to any man of any age, despite the in my opinion too low rating, and advise him to try, since he has become damn cheap in the meantime and you get for this money a great value for money. Try it and convince yourself !
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Smells of memories past
If I smell sandalwood, I instantly think of my father. If I smell Tommy Girl, I think of my first crush. Smells do that, they hone in on times, situations and people. That's also true with Hugo.

The smell is 1996, the soundtrack is Brit Pop and the attire is jeans, Burberry shirts and a Harrington jacket. The overwhelming smell is fresh, but not really one dimensional; there are a few spicy, zesty and fruity notes there, lingering in the background.

Hugo will always be a classic for me, I think it was the first 'real' aftershave I owned, but it's an aftershave for 15 year old me. It's the aftershave of parties, school discos and furtive, nervous kisses. When I smell it now, it smells dated, but I don't know whether that's because my tastes have changed or because everyone's tastes have changed.

A few years back I bought a bottle for nostalgia's sake, but I soon discovered that I could no longer pull it off. Great for evoking memories past, but definitely a young man's scent in my opinion.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 5.0/10
A bit sharp for my personal tastes
The popularity of this fragrance is immense. Many guys smell like Hugo, either that or a Lynx deoderant that smells a little similar.

Hugo is quite a bold fragrance. In cold weather it really shines, however I find in warmer weather it makes me nauseous. It's quite green and fruity with hints of minty freshness and powerful, aromatic herbs.

It's a mixture of warm apple pie, mint chewing gum and a sachet of lavender for sleep benefits. I think if this fragrance were more subtle I'd probably like it, but for the time being, Hugo is a little sharp.

Synthetic, yes. Like a mish-mash of laundry soap, mouthwash and a herb garden, that never seems all that believable. Men probably wear it because it's safe and well-known. Although it is pleasant and likable in some ways, Hugo isn't a woman magnet, at least not in my opinion.

The sillage and longevity are great, really powerful, so I guess that's one plus. I'm rather underwhelmed by Hugo, but I will admit that there are some of my female friends that wouldn't want to smell anything else on their man. I guess it's true; beauty really is in the eye of the beholder, or nose at least.

MrHonest 13 months ago
One of the first bubble gum frags, with an emphasis on sweet apple and mint - the brother of the OG Tommy. Synthetic, greenish and smooth.+2
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 5.0
Longevity 6.0
Scent 6.5
Parfummaster 21 months ago
A great fragrance with freshness and spices in it. Hugo Boss Hugo Man is very zesty and sour and fruity. It is very good for the summertime.+3
Bottle 10.0

by Stardust
Hugo von Hugo Boss - Milchkanne mal anders
by Chnokfir

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Hugo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss