Hugo Woman (1997) Eau de Toilette

Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design: Peter Schmidt

Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 1997. The scent is fresh-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Ursula Wandel

Top Notes Top NotesAquatic notes, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, White lily
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla blossom, Cedarwood

Submitted by Sani, last update on 15.11.2019

3.0 4.0 5.0 2.0/10

The Platonic Perfume
In Plato's world of ideas there is certainly a perfume somewhere that smells like the "perfume itself". It's standing there smelling like perfume. More is not possible, because it must remain the idea of the "perfume itself".
It's probably from Hugo Boss.

The round "Hugo Woman" illustrates where the image comes from, that the Boss fragrances come absolutely arbitrary, meaningless, so much so that it annoys. Ixh doesn't know of any boss scent that isn't at least very pleasing. But kindness doesn't always mean unimaginativeness. But I'm afraid it is here. The nasty thing is that Woman, in addition to this arbitrariness, has something that I find quite annoying instead of a nosecatcher that tears the 0815 scent around again (as happened at Femme or Ma Vie).

The prelude is still quite all right. A little bit citrical, but not too much. And something discreet aquatic. Like a glass of still water. Refreshes if necessary, but the sparkling water is missing. Then comes the apple, as sour as it is artificially scented. And that's the note that bothers me. It has something of a cleaning agent or room freshener, but much too acidic. Something flowery, which becomes vanilla-sweeter with time, then floppies in the background. Very unclear and washed-out, but also all the more artificially smelling. You can only smell the wooden base (same here) if you know that it is there.

Sillage gets up close and personal fast. Shelf life approx. 5 hours.

The bottom line is that something so arbitrary comes out here that it is again very difficult to carry. I really don't need a mega-obtrusive fragrance. Even something simple can inspire me. The problem here is probably this arbitrariness in poor quality. With a simple scent, it would be important that there are no disturbing side smells. No Taumspray-Asdoziationen, no plastic etc.. I'm afraid that didn't work out here
5.0 4.0 5.0 4.0/10

Lightly suffocating spring day
Hello and have a nice evening, everybody. Today I describe the fragrance "Woman" (EDT) by Hugo Boss. Since I'm sure that pretty much everyone should know this scent, I'll keep it short tonight and describe it quickly.

Now you're probably wondering why I even write here, aren't you? The answer is simple and varied! :D Because first of all I have to give my mustard to everything anyway! Second, I had a sample of this, and it would have been a shame to let the few droplets go to waste. And thirdly I'm just messing around here in spite of nice weather and thought, I'll just test some scents :DD

Oh yes, and don't be angry if you find the scent divine or if it is even a classic for you, because I didn't really like it!

The fragrance:
I actually smell exactly what is in the top note of the fragrance pyramid. Aquatic notes with green, sour apple. In addition there are slightly stuffy flowers or blooms, which I cannot assign however. According to the description it could be the lilies, at the beginning they smell more like freesias to me, but what do I know about flowers?! Anyway, the beginning is fresh and loose.
Be that as it may, a large portion of synthetic is conspicuous, as one would usually expect from such fragrances anyway. Also later the fragrance is mostly aquatic-synthetic and still smells like apple. However, he later gets a light, sweetish note, which at least (for the time being) softened the somewhat stuffy scents a little bit. In the end, however, this sweetness becomes weaker again, so that the flowery notes unfortunately become quite stuffy again, sometimes so blatantly annoyingly intense that I washed my arm off at some point...

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is mediocre to rather weak, so it is best to smell it only from close up. The shelf life should be about five hours (maybe even longer,... as I said I couldn't stand the scent after a few hours...), that's okay with summery scents.

The bottle:
The bottle is the rounder form of the well-known "field bottle", so you can also see the screw-cap-like lid on this one. Apart from the lid, the rest of the bottle is rather unspectacular and quite simple.

Yes, as I wrote at the beginning, I don't think this fragrance is so great. I even find the base horrible. It smells very banal to me, I find other mainstreamers (which, by the way, also have quite synthetic notes, so that's not necessarily the reason) much better, like CK for example. And no, that's not because my nose, after so many scents, would meanwhile think of itself as something better, which only likes more expensive niche scents, no, that's much more because this scent got on my nerves because of its dry and sourish-sticky floral notes with its very unpleasant scent.

Anyway, this fragrance is good for anyone who still likes it, good for spring and summer, if you want to suffocate easily,... um... I actually meant if you're looking for something loose, fresh and not so strong, which doesn't get on anyone's nerves at work or anywhere else. But in my opinion one will not notice him either, so that he is therefore not suitable for going out.

Well, that's it. In short: I would not necessarily recommend this fragrance here. Soo! I wish you a nice evening and some nice days, it's warm, so enjoy the weather and don't mess around with scents like I do here right now! DD
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Apple puree and fruit juice
I'm obviously one of the minority that agrees with this fragrance being a fruity floral.

Hugo Woman is crisp, fruity and only mildly floral to my nose. I found that this fragrance took a while to grow on me. At first I didn't like its sharpness in the opening, however giving it an hour to develop, I must say that I quite like it.

The scent is pretty strong, but never cloying. Hugo Woman smells like apple puree and tropical fruit juice. The crisp green apple note is for me the most dominant note in this fragrance, followed by black currant, melon and papaya.

The presence of the vanilla towards the drydown, keeps the scent from becoming too fruity and sharp. The vanilla adds a nice feminine and sweet touch, which makes Hugo Woman quite delicious.

I don't think this is the right fragrance to make a statement like the adverstising seems to suggest. Although inoffensive and pleasant, I don't find it to be particularly unique in any way. Just a nice, casual fragrance which would make a good staple in someone's wardrobe.

by Andreas09
by Andreas09
by Tuzzifruzzi
by Tuzzifruzzi

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss