The Scent (2015) Eau de Toilette

The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss
The Scent (Eau de Toilette) (Hugo Boss)

The Scent (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesManinka fruit, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesLeather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 01.02.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Theo James.

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Gentleman
If I play tennis with my husband - then only gentleman tennis.

That means you play the ball politely to each other - without chasing each other all over the court.

This protects ligaments and joints, the peace of the house and the nerves.

You have movement - without annoying competition.
I enjoy sports as much as you do.

And just as friendly is The Scent.
It plays the ingredients to me safely so that I can reach them comfortably.
No sudden stops - or treacherous slices.
The scent keeps me in the game, without exaggerated ambition.

Soft ginger spices gently and sweetly fruity Maninka is added.
Lavender creates peace and relaxation.
The leather does not crack, but nestles pleasantly.

A considerate gentleman from crown to sole - with whom I would like to dare a match.
Cut the head off! ;-)
In my nose the top note is the hammer! Because somehow green-sweet, one rarely smells, very original anyway. "Wow!" I thought (have a sample) ... for about 3-5 minutes, then the fragrance is unfortunately interchangeably sweet. Maybe it was deliberately produced that way: Spray Douglas on the cardboard strip, think "cool" and buy!?

I still don't find him as bad as The Scent is treated here! Boss Bottled and Hugo belong to my Twenties as well as Boss Soul and Dark Blue belong to my Thirties (bad, huh?!) ... Boss generally likes to be ripped off here, I have the feeling, and the more negative criticism there is, the more users naturally join!

Be that as it may: Also this forum here lives from its self-proclaimed influencers! ;-) But the tastes are different and that's a good thing, because otherwise there would be simplicity instead of variety. The Scent may be a soft and in the end unspectacularly sweet fragrance, but I don't like to resort to extremes that, despite a high rating, bore themselves into my nose like the exhaust fumes of a Vespa standing in front of me at a traffic light!

I don't want to get any unnecessary attention with my scent, but to smell good for myself and my girlfriend and not to stir up my office colleagues unnecessarily ;-) Nevertheless, if The Scent's top note were to last more than two or three hours, it would be one of my favourites. Does anybody have a tip for me?

At the end: Yes, a little arbitrary, sweet, trimmed to the standard autumn evening. But also not worse than some extremely expensive EDT, which is praised here over the "green clover", even if this makes itself frequently after the prelude from the dust! ;-)
Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Orange-ness aroma with ginger/leather
This is a very simple scent, very straightforward nothing fancy, not sporty, not formal, just something for year-round when you're not serious about dressing up or dressing down or being taken serious.

The maninka fruit is something I've never come across so I'm guessing that is the orange- like aroma I detect.

The ginger adds to the lively aspect while the leather, which is barely noticeable, gives it a foundation.

Average life and projection.

If you can find it cheap then it might be worth a try or just send away for a vial/sample which is available at many websites.
No climate of change at Boss
Hugo Boss have released their new masculine just in time for the COP21 Climate Summit.
Another way to avoid releasing noxious fumes into the environment...
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.5/10
The Spirit...
I tested today (in Portugal). I liked.... Very much! It has character. Bold.
This is an excellent new fragrance from 'BOSS'. It has a scent with a familiar touch of the 80s, very similar, if the olfactory memory doesn’t betray me, with the discontinued 'BOSS Spirit'.
It will be a sales success.

CEO today
by Lexy007
by DonVanVliet
by DonVanVliet

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Night (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss in Motion (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Nuit pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Just Different (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Hugo Dark Blue (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Woman (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Jour pour Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Woman by Hugo Boss Hugo Red (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss