Boss Collection - Velvet Amber 2011

Boss Collection - Velvet Amber by Hugo Boss
Boss Collection - Velvet Amber is a perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2011. The scent is oriental-sweet. It was last marketed by Procter & Gamble / Metropolitan Cosmetics. Pronunciation

AmberAmber BalsamBalsam VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2020.

Darkbeat
Amber too light for my taste
Forgive me, yesterday, by mistake, I placed this review on the perfume sheet of Elie Saab Essence Nº3: Ambre, but it is already corrected and I put the review in its correct place, excuse me.

In my obsession with resins, incenses and wood, I came to this "BOSS The Collection", and I found a perfume of amber and vanilla with balsamic nuances, which I like, but that does not convince me.

From the beginning to the end, amber, vanilla and resins are present, it is a velvety aroma, delicate and extremely fragile, I see it as unisex, but with a female vocation, that is, it is a perfume that I would prefer to smell in a woman because of its fragility and Delicacy, although, of course, is totally unisex, this is only a personal appreciation. Despite containing few notes, a linear perfume is not felt, because depending on what phase of the perfume we are in, one note will stand out from the others. In the beginning a balsamic leave stands out, with an almost citrus sensation, which stands out against a very elegant amber and vanilla background. Then, that balsamic leave loses intensity and highlights the amber, sweet and resinous, on a sweet background of somewhat medicated, but mild vanilla. In the end, amber is relegated to the background and what remains on the skin is a fine vanilla with some resinous and balsamic nuances. The perfume as a whole is pretty and elegant, but it is sweetly generic, nothing original and with an exaggerated softness, too ethereal or thin, it lacks body, I don't know if I explain myself, but since I applied it I have that feeling.

The performance is regular, in me, the duration has been about 6 hours with a moderate-low projection, almost flush from the beginning. An aroma of fresh or temperate climates and for both day and night use, although due to its softness it is more appropriate during the day.

The perfume has a magnificent packaging, the box and the bottle are beautiful and quality, but I think it is just a mere ornament to direct attention to the other side and that we do not notice its mediocre content, Eye! I do not intend to offend anyone with this, I just try to objectively comment on a particular product. The aroma is sweet and pretty, but somewhat generic, so I recommend your test before purchase if you can afford it, because otherwise, I do not recommend it, there are better alternatives in the market and at lower prices.

Update: From what I have been able to read in different places, the batches from 2015 of this collection have undergone a reformulation, losing intensity and longevity, they say they feel diluted. My perfume decant is from 2017, so you have to take it into account when assessing it and possibly the cause of such unfortunate performance.

Popular by Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Alive (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Him by Hugo Boss