Boss Alive (2020)

Boss Alive by Hugo Boss
Bottle Design Amélie Riech

Boss Alive is a new perfume by Hugo Boss for women and was released in 2020. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Coty.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApple, Blackcurrant, Plum, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian jasmine sambac, Madagascar vanille absolute, Thyme
Base Notes Base NotesChinese cedar, Sandalwood, Olive wood, Goldenwood®

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 03.07.2020.

The faces of the advertising campaign are actresses Emma Roberts, Laura Harrier, Bruna Marquezine and Chloe Bennet. They were directed by French filmmaker Rebecca Zlotowski.

No Sports
For the title Alive, I expected a spontaneous fragrance with sporty ambitions that would get me out of bed and into running shoes early in the morning.

But I carried him on, and was surprised and delighted by his calm composure.

After the first spray I like to make myself comfortable with the newspaper - and the friendly scent underlines my leisure time.

This Alive doesn't have to be in the front line - he is also satisfied with the 2nd row - a position I also appreciate very much, because I prefer to observe instead of acting.

I like to watch sports on TV - and that's enough action for me.
Alive is a good sofa companion.

The soft plum sprinkled with cinnamon has a homely effect
Vanilla blends mildly sweetly with delicate aromatic woods - and is both cuddly and casually elegant.

Alive does not necessarily mean business and leisure stress - but also prudence and reflection.

And this time for me gives me Alive - all impatience.

Marquise27
Bright base, good mood companion
Here is my comment on a fragrance for young women who certainly identify with it. Undemanding I don't find him undemanding but claim-minimized... at the beginning I am irritated by something slightly pungent, slightly sour and somehow artificial, is it the apple or the whole fruit basket? With the time it becomes softer and more powdery. The background is formed by light floral notes, a bouquet that has been in the vase for two weeks and leaves only a thin veil of fragrance. All in all I find it not very intense but slightly floating around you with the memory of a fragrance. He could be more, stronger, but after an hour he is only very close to the body. Vanilla forms a very light framework with the wood. The durability is certainly there but very delicate. Goes well with the soft, fragile and bright female beings.
Pinkdawn
Not a milestone in perfume history
For the new boss named Alive the advertising drum is stirred up so strongly that one can hardly evade it. The video with the cheerful young ladies corresponds to the name of the fragrance. Alive - that's what you associate with activity, dynamics, fun and movement. The newly released eau de parfum by Boss fits perfectly into our time and society, which, as is well known, holds such values in high esteem.

But which fragrance would best represent these values? A strong, fiery one? A fresh one that makes you want to go on an adventure? Or?

Or. Alive is a sweet floral fragrance with a strong vanilla note and light to barely noticeable fruit aromas. Nothing new. After spraying and first sniffing I have the feeling that I have smelled this fragrance many times before. Not now Alive explicitly, but EdPs that are very similar to it.

The scent pyramid speaks of apple, blackcurrant, plum and cinnamon. That sounds very promising.

In the beginning the fragrance develops a slightly acidic pungency, which I cannot define more precisely. Should this be the apple or the currant?

In fact, I hardly notice any of the four elements of the top note. It seems to me that Alive skips this first phase and goes straight to Jasmine. It is clearly present. And he has come to stay. I wait in vain for the base note with cedar, which I would have imagined very interesting, and olive wood. In the end it becomes vanilla. And sandalwood.

What remains is a jasmine vanilla scent with a little sandalwood, as there is a lot of it as mentioned.
Apparently, the appealing advertising clip with the lively ladies, who show plenty of zest for life, and a multitude of samples distributed all over the place are supposed to make up for the fact that the fragrance itself is actually very disappointing. I would even say old-fashioned. If someone had told me that the perfume was from the '90s, I would have believed it without a doubt.

Sillage and shelf life are also modest and at most perceptible at the beginning, but are quickly lost. For an EdP the fragrance is surprisingly short-lived.

I got the scent as a sample in a glass tube. I can't do much with it. For me it is a "common scent", which can hardly be surpassed in arbitrariness and banality. Considering the rather high price - 50 ml cost more than € 100 - I would have expected more: a much more innovative and modern fragrance with a better silage and durability.

Besides, the smell is far too sweet for me. If the sweetness were refined and powdery, it could have enhanced the scent. But it didn't. It's just the usual flowery sweetness, not very exciting
Joy of life, cheerfulness or adventurousness is as little in me as dynamics or action. One could just as well have called Alive Flowercup or garden party. Alive certainly sounds better, but as I said, I rather imagine a fresh scent that awakens the senses. For me, Alive is more romantic, a perfume that, in my opinion, with its floral sweetness, is best suited for balmy summer evenings or garden parties.

It is certainly not a milestone in perfume history.

The delicate fragrance has so little personality and charisma that it is totally suitable for everyday and office use.

The flacon looks pretty good. Simple and noble as it is, it promises more than the fragrance can deliver.
You can get a fragrance like this for sure cheaper and probably also better in every drugstore.

I will not buy it, because it offers me too little new and is too boring.
If you want an undemanding floral scent with vanilla and sandalwood, you can get it here. If you want more, you should keep on searching.

Get a life!

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss