The Scent Absolute (2019)

The Scent Absolute by Hugo Boss

The Scent Absolute is a new perfume by Hugo Boss for men and was released in 2019. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Coty.

Bruno Jovanovic

Top Notes Top NotesGinger
Heart Notes Heart NotesManinka fruit, Mondia root
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 25.04.2020.

Northern Irish actor Jamie Dornan and Dutch model Birgit Kos are the faces of the advertising campaign.

MrFloral
The other day in the fragrance pyramid...
... up hui, down yuck!

The Scent Absolut - with this fragrance my entry into the perfume world began last fall.
Since I never wore a fragrance before, I asked the store manager for recommendations. We men are known to be easy to handle while shopping ;)

After the umpteenth test bottle I already thought about how to make it clear that I should actually go...
Then she pressed the Absolut in my face and screamed: "Stop!"

Wow, he's really nice. Kind of boozy without being too alcoholic. And tasty, orange, soft, sweet, a little chocolate. So I sniffed several times and took the one on my arm + test strip.

After the licking winter opening with orange, an intense cocoa/dark chocolate scent is added. Also somehow cinnamon/vanilla although the pyramid of scents doesn't give it away. Possibly triggered winter association? The chocolate was definitely dominant and got a slightly leathery/smoky note over time. The gourmand is replaced by more masculinity.

So far so good. Heads and heart notes were a bite. I guess at about 4-5h the base notes came through. But here it was anything but nice. I took a strong smell of leather. This became increasingly unpleasant. So I just impregnated the leather boots with paraffin. Eugh!
My wife also wanted me to go to the shower immediately. Unfortunately, that didn't help very much. So hour 5 to about 7 were a real test. Afterwards the scent collapsed into an indefinable mishmash.

But since I liked the first part so much, I organized another test in another drugstore and tested again. Similar result: Great, warm winter opening and then yuck! Since I had dosed this time myself, the impregnation smell was not that bad. The collapsing of the smell took place like in the first test, so from 7h on. The next day you can still smell it, especially on your clothes. Whereby it smells clearly better on the clothes, but also here it collapses.

Pity. Maybe the Absolut works better on another skin. I wish you!

On test strips I had additionally tested the other two "scents", but I have to say that the Absolute left the best impression. If the base would not be so catastrophic on my skin I would have bought it for sure, because I had a great winter feeling
At least the first time I went shopping, I realized how important it is to spray a sample and watch what happens for several hours.

The bottle in the shop made a neat impression, nothing rattles. Neutral design in brown and the sprayer delivered a good result. The performance corresponded to the usual in the trade. If you add the unpleasant and mixed-measure phase to this, you would even have to say good.

From the silage I would also say average. Especially the top notes were perceptible a bit over arm length. According to my wife you have 1 - 0,5 arm lengths. If you come from the cold and open your coat you should not stand in the haze area, that can be a real hammer ;)

Mr. Floral

Popular Hugo Boss

Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Number One / Boss (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss The Scent Absolute for Her by Hugo Boss Boss Sport (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Ma Vie pour Femme Intense by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Elements (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Oud (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Infinite by Hugo Boss Hugo Reversed by Hugo Boss Boss Soul (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss Boss Intense (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Hugo Extreme by Hugo Boss Femme by Hugo Boss Boss Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss The Scent for Her (Eau de Parfum) by Hugo Boss Boss Orange Man (Eau de Toilette) by Hugo Boss