Eau Radieuse by Humięcki & Graef
Bottle Design: Bel Epok

Eau Radieuse is a perfume by Humięcki & Graef for women and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is still in production.

Bamboo juice, Green banana peel, Mandarin zest, Peppermint, Rhubarb, Italian lemon

Submitted by DirkDS, last update on 29.08.2019

The fragrances of Humiecki & Graef each refer to an aspect of human emotionality. In cae of Eau Radieuse it is desire.

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Top-freezing need
I don't like summer that way. At least not if the thermometer climbs over 30 degrees for more than two consecutive days and I can't be at the sea.
So this year I often don't like him.
There are very few fragrances that I (v)endure. My "heat collection" now has even five inhabitants, but I still haven't found the ultimate "freshness kick scent" yet...

At a very pleasant soukdeal I got the goodie "Eau Radieuse" as a sample.

And at the first test on a 32 degree day the word "freshness kick smell" took shape. And I suddenly had an idea of what I imagined underneath and what I was looking for.

After spraying I was immediately enveloped in an ice-cold aura of peppermint. Even though the smell was different, the effect reminded me of earlier times when I used this "China oil" inhaler for colds. A feeling that is almost physically palpable down to the last nerve fibres of my brain and that suddenly throws images of ice crystals, dripstone caves and sparkling, clear mountain streams into my head - and that at 32 degrees outside temperature.

That, that's exactly what I imagined.

And all this in such a beautiful bottle. I like very simple flacons very much, they look additionally clear and cool, and this in combination with the beautiful turquoise (at least on the photo) even more so.

And here's the hook. This cold / icy effect / smell impression lasts with me only approx. 35 minutes (today, with the 2nd test I have looked at the clock). Then the scent becomes more mellow by classes. The peppermint withdraws and makes room for a (not more definable) lighter mixture (if I now orientate myself on the listed ingredients, I wouldn't recognize it) banana or bamboo. Although it's not listed, I also mean to smell a hint of jasmine for a while. I don't even notice lemon or mandarins. That which lets the scent fade away, is then for me - clearly perceptible - rhubarb.

And here, at the latest, Eau Radieuse lost me completely. I've never liked rhubarb before, not even on the cake and certainly not in a fragrance. The really passable shelf life of approx. 5 hours does not help
Everything can be frozen these days. Bread, pastries, meat. Ice cream, of course. Entire assets are sometimes frozen. And even pictures - however unnecessary they may be - can be frozen on the TV or DVD player.

And why the hell hasn't anyone invented anything to freeze the top notes of perfumes on your skin?? For a few hours - four, five maybe. Then you can start all over again. It wouldn't matter to me whether it's a spray that you spread on the spraying areas after spraying the perfume or a kind of invisible gel that you apply where you sprayed the perfume on.

It just has to work. Simply cause what you smell and feel immediately after spraying to remain exactly the same. And not changing. Including tweezers of the nerve fibers. And the images of ice crystals. That would be something. I'd like that.

And "Eau Radieuse", this newly invented freezing thing and I would become inseparable friends from June to September.
9.0/10

Radiant Light
Remarkable. An icy cold hyper-mentholated burst of camphorous mint and citrus notes get this one off to a rollicking start. The banana leaf adds some sweet green notes to the mix and you're left with a startlingly radiant example of freshness-pushed-over-the-edge, past all normal boundaries and into something bizarre, unique, and completely new. Synthetic? Absolutely. Eau Radieuse seems as if it was concocted in a futuristic lab complete with hazmat suits and puffy clouds of liquid nitrogen smoke. But it's totally wearable AND the general public seems to like it. I get compliments when I wear this. It's not weird in an "eww, what's that smell?" kind of way, it has more of the, "Oh my god, what are you wearing?" type of effect. And it's not surprising that people notice it because this one PROJECTS. However, the way it projects is very unusual. Think of dispersed light rays refracting from a crystal and you'll have some idea of the physical nature of this fragrance. It's not solid. It's an aura, ethereal and radiant, befitting of its name.

Absolutely try this, as it needs to be experienced to be understood. One of my favorites, and completely different than anything else I own. Eau Radieuse is one of those fragrances that I stumbled upon and was instantly reminded as to why this is such a thrilling and enthralling hobby.
7.5 5.0 5.0 1.0/10

Eau Radieuse
This fragrance opens with mint and citrus notes. It is very fresh and clean-smelling, so at first I associated it with toothpaste. Upon closer sniffing I smell a bitter green note underneath the two head notes I mentioned before. This third note gets progressively stronger and this fragrance eventually becomes greener and less citrusy. Still, for most of the time there is a minty undertone which I am not particularly fond of. Although pleasant to wear, I think this scent is very commercial or common.

by Mezzanine
Sommer Bosque:)) schön minzig..
by Lilienfeld