Magnolia Alba by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné
Magnolia Alba is a perfume by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné for women and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-woody. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Hyacinth
Heart Notes Heart NotesMagnolia, Rose, Lily, Cashmere wood
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Vanilla, Musk

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.10.2019.

Contrast program
My dear friend with the large assortment of fragrances of ID Parfums/Isabel Derroisné called me after the holidays quite dissolved.
She has so much family through her marriage that just listening to her frightens me.
This family gathers of course for Christmas and the turn of the year at her and her very good-natured husband.
She was looking for an hour's rest and asked if she could stop by for a while: nothing, except a cup of tea and a chat - that was her wish.
Shortly before I had said goodbye to a good friend, but I couldn't bring myself to cancel her.

She came, quite pale around her nose, and as she took off her coat, I was amazed: not the expected aroma of pregnant "Christmas scent" surrounded her; no, a flowery-woody fragrance beauty that announced spring.
She had found this scent (which she surprisingly didn't know yet!) in a Christmas parcel.
And "christmas-satisfied" as she was, also tried out right away.

It was Magnolia Alba (No 1) and this spring promise is also very good for me in the beginning.
A large bouquet, consisting of fully blossomed hyacinths, wonderfully fragrant freesias and a very beautiful bergamot shade, was bound around ripe, light yellow pears!
I already know something similar from "English Pear & Freesia" by Jo Malone; that's why this scent opening alone ran into my open doors.
It succeeds very well to keep all scents on the same level: none dominated, none suppressed!
The noble white magnolia, also called "Magnolia Sandalwood" or "Magnolia Jade Orchid Tree", is more powerful in fragrance than its larger-flowered sister with the delicate pink breeze in the petal.
This is also necessary with these companions: a quite courageous rose meets with an aroma strong, obviously white lily.
Together with the spicy-elegant cashmere wood they form an impressive heart of this fragrance Magnolia Alba" is a very harmonious blend of head and heart notes: a pleasant floral fragrance that is not too overwhelming is created up to this point.
The base surprises with "white vetiver essence" (according to the manufacturer); the accustomed dark green, mossy shade is not to be found. This fragrance reminds me very much of the large cushions of the almost white moss, which I observed several times from close up in the Botanical Garden. (And of course I smelled it too!)
This earthy addition is well recognizable, but finer and not quite as strong in the course of the fragrance.
The earth-connecting vetiver gifts known to us would be too powerful for this white beauty, because even cotton blossoms and not too heavy vanilla lend depth to this fragrance creation, but are bright and light.
The probably also white musk is a trace too strong for me; but we both do not get along as well as we know.
With my friend "Magnolia Alba" results in a harmonious whole; with me a slight break occurs through the musk.
So you have to try: if you like musk, you are certainly not unhappy about its development over time.

The shelf life is also average here; that's all I ask. And I'm not unhappy about that "musk kid." So I also renounced to bottle something for myself.
So once again I got to know a fragrance from ID Parfums that surely finds its lovers - and deserves them.
Spring has been captured in this classic glass bottle: from the first flowers to the damp earth: everything is nice and friendly!
And at the end of December it awakens the longing for light and a little more lightness!
Against this background, our meeting alone was worthwhile.

Popular ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné

Siam Flamboyant by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Âme Toscane by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Jardin de Sicile by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Andalucia Sensuelle by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Jardin de Bali by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Âme Toscane Renaissance by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Folie Rouge by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Eclat d'Orient by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Fleurs de Kyoto by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Rose Divine by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Âme Toscane Fantaisie Baroque by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Secrets de Hammam by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Andalucia by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Jardin d'Antalya by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Rêve de Bahia by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Oh Délice! by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Pour L'Amour de L'Inde by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Éclat Éternel by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Vertige by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné Ilaya by ID Parfums / Isabel Derroisné