Secret Smelling 2016 - Nicolas Beaulieu 2016

Secret Smelling 2016 - Nicolas Beaulieu by IFF International Flavors & Fragrances
Secret Smelling 2016 - Nicolas Beaulieu is a limited perfume by IFF International Flavors & Fragrances for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is leathery-woody. It is still in production. Limited Edition

Fougère notes, Cosmofruit®
No ratings yet.
Submitted by Flavia82, last update on 28.05.2020.

AromaX
The day I crushed the juniper berries
Called "Space Cowboy" by its creator Nicolas Beaulieu this scent features an above 5% overdose of Cosmofruit (an IFF captive that combines the nuances of quince, dried fruit and tarte Tatin) mixed with a fougére accord. Supported with another overdose of clary sage where essential oil adds to an aromatic component of a fougére and absolute gives more ambery tobacco nuance together with sandalwood and coumarinic sweetness.

The first sniff brought Aventus into my mind. Not because it's a smell alike, but due to a similar structure of fruity fougére where pineapple is substituted with a different fruit. I could not recall any fruit from my memory, but it was something dry, a little bit sweet and dark. The fougére part appeared a bit generic at first, with a distinct metal undertone. But the dry down was quite amazing combining dark ambery sweetness of tobacco and leather. The fruity note was still present and it appeared to be so familiar...

Suddenly I got an insight. It reminded me of a juniper berry. Not the oil from the twigs or berries, but the taste of dried berry inside my mouth - dry, a little bit sweet and fruity with a dark tobacco undertone and aromatic touch. It's funny how our perception can work. As at the second attempt I could not smell the separate parts anymore - no generic fougére, no metal nuances. Just that impression of chewing on a juniper berry from the beginning till the end. Interesting how all different aspects have fallen together into an integer image I like.