Be A Man (2012)

Be A Man by I Sottovuoto

Be A Man is a perfume by I Sottovuoto for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is citrusy-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Cardamom, Lemon, Bergamot, Sage, Basil, Jasmine, Carnation, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Styrax, Tobacco, Vanilla, Leather, Amber, Vetiver, Musk

Submitted by Angua, last update on 26.07.2018

8.0 7.0 8.0 9.0/10
Greatly helpful Review
Among friends

My friend, you have a prominent big brother. Maybe you could have found a much weaker competitor. Someone who may not have been firmly in the saddle since 1986. In the Hermès saddle.

I hum quietly Theo Mackebens "You have luck with the women, Bel Ami" and think, yes, there is something to it. With both scents a man would at least have luck with me. And no, not only concerning the men alone, shamefully I even have fun with these scents as a woman. Thank God we are no longer in the dark ages. Despite the title of the perfume, Mr Parfümeur did not, of course, make any gender distinctions, nor did he use an exclamation mark as an imperative behind the title. "Be A Man" could be considered a suggestion under certain circumstances.

In the juxtaposition of two test sites, "Be A Man" is very similar to Bel Ami (Vintage). The question that arises is, does this comparison turn out to be the same in the practical test? And that's where it gets a little hairy.

Certainly, there are similarities, BUT over a long period, "Be A Man" shows a stronger emphasis on the lemon and the herbs. The sage as well as the following basil work themselves out beautifully with the carnation. And even though the basil is a little bit biting and has something sweaty in the combination, I like the mixture very much and I don't find it conservative and outdated at all.

In "Be A Man" the leather and tobacco notes run quietly in the background over this period and only after about four hours do they emerge more clearly. The perfume finishes with a combination of vetiver, amber and patchouli, which is harmonious and does not get loud. At Bel Ami (Vintage) I find the scent shorter and in my opinion the carnation and the leather note is much clearer. With regard to durability, "Be A Man" is far ahead with at least 14 hours and I find the Sillage somewhere on the threshold between strong and medium-strong.

Conclusion: "Be A Man" and "Bel Ami" are more like blood brothers, united in spirit. :o) There are similarities, but when wearing the fragrances the approaches turn out differently and both fragrances are great, even on women who like such fragrances.

by Angua
by Angua

Popular I Sottovuoto

Black Bandit by I Sottovuoto Zagara Amara by I Sottovuoto Mooi Cologne by I Sottovuoto Tiglio Blu 01 by I Sottovuoto Ylassenzio by I Sottovuoto Io e Te by I Sottovuoto Be A Man by I Sottovuoto Peluscioso by I Sottovuoto Spin-Rose by I Sottovuoto L'Amico Mercuzio by I Sottovuoto Kalpani Chypré by I Sottovuoto Zafferano Tonka by I Sottovuoto Freak White by I Sottovuoto Taaac… by I Sottovuoto Tangerine Pulp by I Sottovuoto Soap by I Sottovuoto Vacanze Italiane by I Sottovuoto Freak by I Sottovuoto Infinito by I Sottovuoto L'Altro Pepe by I Sottovuoto