Kalpani Chypré (2018)

Kalpani Chypré by I Sottovuoto

10.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Kalpani Chypré is a new perfume by I Sottovuoto for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is citrusy-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average.

Top Notes Top NotesOrange blossom, Rose, Geranium, Frankincense, Vetiver
Heart Notes Heart NotesHeliotrope, Gaiac wood, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesMoss, Sandalwood, Amyris

Submitted by Angua, last update on 22.08.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Greatly helpful Review
Under neon light
Sometimes relationships are so complex that you can't classify them and they leave you with a sense of confusion. Under certain circumstances, this may also apply to a perfume. "Kalpani Chypré" is such a fragrance that I don't think it can be described at all. How do you want to bring a composition to a common denominator that is completely alien to you, that therefore lacks associations and the indicated scents cannot be associated at all with the smells?
So the cotton blossom sprayed with the perfume lay two months in my kitchen and I tried again and again to call up a picture, was fascinated by the smell and at the same time annoyed by the shrill over powder. (And no Ralle, I didn't hold a burst tampon against you.) I needed a real perfume sample. Who can describe a completely strange scent of a fibre? And now, in spite of wearing the perfume three times, I still feel like a slow-worm in relation to "Kalpani Chypré", detach myself from the fragrance pyramid and try to convey only the beginnings of the smell.

If there was an aldehyde based on limes and moss, I'd think it was the fragrance manager for the first few hours. Maybe you could draw some conclusions about Citral, which smells citric, a little green and bitter after Florblanca's forum entry (thanks, he's really great). Translated, the launch of "Kalpani Chypré" smells like lime scouring powder. Powdery, rugged, tart, scratchy, enriched with moss and herbs. The scent is as cold-white as the nervously twitching light of a fluorescent lamp, to which you have to get used. "Kalpani Chypré" definitely seems synthetic over the first few hours, but I think it's more due to the unusual nature of the composition, the difficult attribution to something familiar.

Under the bright skylight, a wonderful, warm and discreetly spiced bouquet of flowers unfolds with vanilla notes. I can't filter out a single flower. Neither on the décolleté, nor on the back of the hand. I just can't get my hands on her. I notice only that they are rounded off after hours by gentle wood notes.

"Kalpani Chypré" truly lives from the contrast between warm and cold notes. Of artificially shrill powderiness and a heart of creamy spicy flowers and woods. And these impressions do not change after a few hours, they run almost over the entire shelf life of a day, parallel. I find the Sillage of the perfume strong over many hours. I consider perfume to be an extremely difficult and challenging, but at the same time ingenious and innovative creation, which can be worn down and broken. On some days the entrance into the brightly lit room would be too much of a good thing for me.

Popular I Sottovuoto

Zagara Amara by I Sottovuoto Mooi Cologne by I Sottovuoto Tiglio Blu 01 by I Sottovuoto Ylassenzio by I Sottovuoto Io e Te by I Sottovuoto Be A Man by I Sottovuoto Peluscioso by I Sottovuoto Spin-Rose by I Sottovuoto Black Bandit by I Sottovuoto L'Amico Mercuzio by I Sottovuoto Kalpani Chypré by I Sottovuoto Zafferano Tonka by I Sottovuoto Freak White by I Sottovuoto Taaac… by I Sottovuoto Tangerine Pulp by I Sottovuoto Soap by I Sottovuoto Vacanze Italiane by I Sottovuoto Freak by I Sottovuoto Infinito by I Sottovuoto L'Altro Pepe by I Sottovuoto