Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber (2012)

Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber by Iceberg

Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber is a popular perfume by Iceberg for men and was released in 2012. The scent is resinous-sweet. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesThyme, Rum, Cinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrankincense, Ebony, Clary sage
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Opoponax, Benzoin

Submitted by Freeestyler, last update on 01.11.2019.

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Darkbeat
A wonderful oriental without many pretensions
Very economical perfume that has pleasantly surprised me, the truth is that, its notes listed here, attracted me very much, but due to its price, I did not expect much from this perfume, and in the end I have to say, I have to swallow my words . It is an extremely versatile aroma, warm, resinous and delicately woody, with a very controlled sweetness, which has left me quite happy with my new acquisition, to the point that I am already thinking of acquiring another one of this collection that interests me; OUD

I don't know why, but in the first spray, my dear Opium pour Homme of 1995 came to mind, then more calmly you realize that no, but it is true that they share that creamy sweet spot that had the 1995 version of Opium and that today does not have. The fact is that I liked this approach with Opium, although one is not stupid and then it shows that they play in different leagues, of course I do not talk about the version of today, because if not, we would have to talk about the same league. Leaving this issue aside, to tell you that it is a somewhat linear aroma, and I say something, because despite the fact that, from beginning to end it smells the same, a multitude of nuances are noticed, that come and go during its development, that do something else dynamic, and away from the boring, but even so, it shows that his soul is linear, although, yes, a beautiful and pleasant aroma.

The aroma is sweet, warm, resinous, balsamic, somewhat spicy, and I don't know why, but I also notice tinted and fruity nuances, slight, but noticeable, and despite its notes, it is not an opulent or intense perfume, on the contrary, It is soft and very versatile, so much, that I see it perfect for any season of the year and time of day. Its duration is very good, about 6 hours (4 sprays) with a moderate wake from the beginning, if we look at what is worth, you can not ask for more. Highly recommended for people who like sweet oriental style Opium pour homme eau de toilette today (not an exact copy, but yes, similar).
6.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Autumn leaves
"The falling Leaves drift by the windows..."
Everyone could recognize the lyrics of this originally French song by Kosma-Prévert ("Les Feuilles mortes")describing the melancholy of autumn, the most poetic season (to me).
Well, exactly this song came to my mind when I smelled for the first time this wonderful scent: it's a hymn to autumn and to its heartbreaking beauty.
This almost Spartan bottle, squared and minimal, hides a true symphony of warm and spicy notes.
First of all, your nose is involved by an aromatic cloud composed of cinnamon, rum, and thyme.
Then, the Sacred frankincense touch gives a Smoky and deep character to the composition, while ebony notes give depth and mystery, just like the Black Keys of a keyboard.
Finally, the wonderful oriental triad of opoponax, ambergris and benzoin recall the warmth of a hearth and the copper-colored leaves falling from the trees, just as it's said in the above-mentioned famous song.
This scent was meant for man but I fell in love with it not only for its warm bouquet but also for its good sillage, lasting many hours on my feminine skin with a surprising result.
I think it gives its best by the day as well as by night in the colder season, sprayed directly on the skin or on warm cashmere or wool scarf to prolong its longevity and wonderful sensation of "wearing the fall".
So, girls of all ages, dare to wear this scent and if it's in your men's perfume wardrobes, steal it without regrets!
4.0 7.0 8.0 5.0/10

Eau de pencil for femme
It's the first time I've been mad after a blind buy! Frankincense, amber, benzoin and that for under 18€ ? There's not much you can do wrong, I thought...But I really don't know how the perfumers managed to create nothing but a pencil scent with the great scents! I just hope it was an accident and no intention...
Hardly wearable for men, for women (under circumstances) maybe.
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

The Dark Side of the Amber Fall
Eau de Iceberg est. 74 Amber was a big surprise to me. Quite a few years ago I strived for getting Eau de Iceberg est. 74 original, whose smell is developed around the unusual Kingwood, so distinct, with rosewood-like odor when being worked or warmed... yet, I was so awfully disappointed due to the very weak power and dim sillage. No matter how much juice you pour on you, it fades away in the blink of an eye. But Amber is different, and this time I wasn't disappointed.

From the very beginning, the overall aroma is sweet, powdery, musky, honey-like, and boozy, with a delightful blend of warm rum and spicy cinnamon bark drenched in it. The aromatic thyme lingers lazily in the background and wakes up just after the warm duo calms down a bit. The opening is woody with some florals. Very pleasant and borderline feminine so it has a modernity to it. Amber is all around and I'm not talking about ambroxan or any Sauvage akin dupes. I even consider this to be the main note, already present in the opening and dominating the dry down. Many people assume that amber comes from the fossilized tree resin known as amber or Baltic Amber. Fossilized resin has almost no scent at all except when burned. Instead, labdanum resin is the most popular and most recognizably ‘amber’ as most people think of it today. Other resins often used are benzoin, balsam of Peru, frankincense, myrrh, copal, styrax/storax/liquidambar, as well as other oils such as cedarwood, sandalwood, and vanilla. Albeit it is mentioned in the base notes, I strongly doubt that ambergris is used in here... Ambergris starts out in the digestive system of a sperm whale and has a kind of legendary status, being known as a precious material that makes any perfume better but is too rare and expensive to use in modern commercial formulation.. a kind of unattainable exotic luxury from the past. Rather, somewhere along the line, perfumers created the amber note as a sweet, woody earthy note from blends of various resins. Perhaps because resins are the precursor to amber, or perhaps to represent its warm golden glow, or perhaps in aims to resemble ambergris at a lower cost.

Long story short, Eau de Iceberg Amber is a scent created entirely around the note of amber and depicts all its faces, from its cool, marine aspect to its sensual and warm side. The composition is enriched with other resins and precious woody notes. Don't get me wrong, the fresh, marine facets of Amber, which is not aquatic or seaweed at all, are contrasted with its warmth and sensuality to create a strong masculine signature.
Spicy and aromatic top notes merge into a manly heart of smoky incense, woody black ebony, and green clary sage. Here the scent takes a darker tone, warmer, and enticing.

In the dry down, ambergris-like attains an almost mystical resonance, fusing powerfully with opoponax and benzoin. It's light and cool, unlike other amber's I'm used to and it also starts to become more of a mature scent. Feels more like a casual spring or better fall scent, seriously. Not surprisingly, the aphrodisiacal properties of gray Amber have made it a precious ingredient in perfumes ever since ancient times, equally popular among Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians.

In the end, when I smell it, I get a powdery sweet amber with an underlying essence of wood. Kind of like an inexpensive nod to YSL l'Homme intense... not to remotely imply the fragrances are identical though. I'd say they're in the same family. Projection is good and longevity is very good. It's of moderate sillage and you get whiffs of it as you move around the room. If you like sweet ambers and want something casual for the office perhaps, you'd definitely add this to your collection to try out especially since it's so inexpensive.

-Elysium

Carlitos01 157 days ago
Very good and inexpensive amber gem. It's a bit on the light side, meaning also that it's very easy to wear. I like it a lot! Recommended!+3
Elysium 14 months ago
I get a powdery sweet amber accord with an underlying essence of wood. Kind of like an inexpensive nod to YSL l'Homme Intense for cool days+1
6.0
9.0
Jazzy76 16 months ago
This basic bottle hides a wonderful spicy amber. warm, not at all medicinal, with a quite good sillage. A touch of mystery in fall-winter+2
6.0

by Salered
by Salered
by NasiGoreng
by NasiGoreng

Popular Iceberg

The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Twice by Iceberg Iceberg Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Homme by Iceberg Effusion Man (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg White by Iceberg Effusion Woman by Iceberg Burning Ice (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Sandalwood by Iceberg Iceberg Universe pour Homme by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Oud by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Femme by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Wild Rose by Iceberg Iceberg Tender White by Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance Men by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Cedar by Iceberg Iceberg Since 1974 for Him by Iceberg