Iceberg 1989Eau de Toilette

Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg
Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Iceberg for women and was released in 1989. The scent is floral-fresh. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Sophie Labbé

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Bergamot, Galbanum, Neroli, Peach, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrris root, Jasmine, Lily, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Ylang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Musk, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Chianti, last update on 14.09.2020.

Serafina
How perception can change...
First of all: I still like "Iceberg" very much!
But when I read the descriptions here: green, fresh, unsweet...I think: is this really the perfume I had at the end of my 20s as a mini? At that time I had felt it to be flowery, slightly sweet and rather creamy. But today, in possession of a currently purchased full-size flacon, I notice that the descriptions here naturally apply.

"Iceberg" has an initial slightly "scratchy" note due to the (unobtrusive) oakmoss, even if it is not a real chypre from my point of view. Sweet? No, not from today's point of view! But I do notice a minimal sweetness, which fits perfectly and makes the fragrance look a bit sweeter than "Twice" of the same brand. Flowery? Absolutely Here the spring bloomers unite to a wonderful bouquet! The lily of the valley is by no means dominant. It is indeed not a lovely floral fragrance, but even in the group of fresh floral perfumes it is not one of the delicate, discreet varieties. "Iceberg" already shows clear presence! But it's not pushy at all. Creamy? Yes, in the further course a little...but it is probably not a salient characteristic.

A reasonably priced (not to say: cheap) classic for spring - versatile, timelessly beautiful. He already lets the hot summer days suspect...

The bottle? Well, matter of taste - there are more beautiful from my point of view!

Iceberg
I first tried this in the depths of winter and it was not a success. My bottle hovered over the bin for a few moments, before I remembered all the reviews were about how wonderful it was in summer. Bingo! Everyone was right! A cool refreshing mix of fruits, herbs and flowers, drying down to a light elegant chypre. Hideous bottle btw!
2.5

Pretty Iceberg Ahead!
Iceberg is an odd scent, in a good way! After a short flirtation with it in the early 90s I lost track of it. But I found that when it's summer or it's a warm day, and cool, crisp and citric scents bore me, I had a faint memory of Iceberg being cool yet also spicy, citric and floral with an earthy feel to balance it all out in the most unusual way. It's a very well made Italian perfume that reminds me of fire & ice trying to meet in the middle of a floral meadow. (I have an odd mind ; )

I am pleased to have found it again and added it once more to my collection where it will stay on my spring/summer/when-I-feel-like-using-it shelf. But I guess most people will prefer this one on warmer days.

On me bergamot is prominent at first spray followed by a rosy floral bouquet that is held together with a very earthy yet well suited oakmoss note. It's fresh and floral with a warm drydown that lasts and last. Pretty and feminine without being girly. Elegant and light without being shy. It's a classic in the making and a must sniff for people who are looking for an unusual summer scent, or would like an unusual 'fresh/floral with earth notes' scent in general.

The 'nose' behind this is Sophie Labbe and she has made some beauties most of us know and probably own and love. Her skill is very noticeable in this obscure and somewhat hidden gem from the Iceberg House. It retails now for a bargain but it's not a cheap scent by any means! It smells rich and luxurious and is one of those rare quality scents that end up on the market for a steal and then people think its rubbish, it isn't. The only thing I would change is the bottle design. To me it looks odd and more suitable for a male fragrance, but because of the quality/price/quantity ratio my vanity won't dare to complain! ; )

Silage is: "a pretty fresh floral that is also feminine & very elegant. " -- Longevity is: 7+ hours. If you find this unassuming bottle and fresh and pretty scents are your thing, give this one a try. Good luck! ; )

Awesomeness
Nothing special here, folks. Keep looking.
I just don't get this one. Based on the reviews elsewhere, I was expecting something special. It's not. It's a BTDT fruity floral that wears like a skin scent. Has it been reformulated? I sampled from a new bottle with an integrated top. Maybe it's better in warm weather?

Anyway, I think there is a reason that this is less than $15 for 100ml in a new, sealed box - the reason is the fragrance is very average, at best!

Iceberg The Fragrance is a much better choice from this company. It's a beautifully constructed fragrance that is unique and has presence.

by Zora
by Somebody
by Nicolsche
by Nicolsche

Popular Iceberg

Iceberg Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber by Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Oud by Iceberg Iceberg White by Iceberg Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Universe pour Homme by Iceberg Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Tender White by Iceberg Twice by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Homme by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Sandalwood by Iceberg Effusion Woman by Iceberg Iceberg Universe by Iceberg Fluid Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Wild Rose by Iceberg Burning Ice (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Cedar by Iceberg Effusion Man (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Light Fluid Women by Iceberg