Iceberg Homme (1990)Eau de Toilette

Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg
Bottle Design Joel Desgrippes

Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Iceberg for men and was released in 1990. The scent is fresh-spicy. It was last marketed by Eurocosmesi / Coswell.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Amalfi lemon, Red berries, Green notes, Lavender, Mandarin, Neroli
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Iris, Jasmine, Hyacinth, Nutmeg, Freesia, Rose, Cyclamen
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Virginia cedar, Ambergris, Leather

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.07.2020.

Unfortunately only weak-chested.
I have a much stronger memory of him from the 2000s. I always found it pleasant, although I did not wear it myself at the time. But my father belonged to the quite widespread carriers. When someone came into the room with the scent, it was nice aftershave-fresh, no matter what person.

For me this was always a flowery-smoky-fresh classic, today I would say, clear fragrance family (Aromatic) Fougère.

Now I myself have a 50's dumpling and still find it tasty, but weak-chested. Could it be that the fresh smokiness of that time is missing?
Fine casual masculinity
At first you can perceive an intense citric and also very slightly herbaceous note, which also brings with it a very discreet sweetness and I suspect the interplay of the bergamot and the Almafizitrone here
At the same time, these two notes are enveloped in a fine Mediterranean nuance, which gives the top note a certain maritime softness that is easily perceived as aquatic and is due to the lavender.

These 3 notes are surrounded by delicate fruity, slightly sweet nuances, which give the top note something pleasantly sparkling and by the red berries, where I guess red currants and gooseberries and the mandarin comes from
In the background a fine greenish and also quite discreetly spicy note sets a pleasant masculine accent and unfortunately I can't say exactly which notes it is, but I feel reminded of coriander and galbanum.

Neroli I could unfortunately not perceive, but I can imagine very well that this note was used as background music.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 15 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now a beautiful bright floral note is to be noticed, which also brings with it a very discreet wooden aura and stems from freesia.

At the same time the freesia is accompanied by another floral nuance, which you don't smell so explicitly, but you recognize it always in a funny way and it was used as a fine air lifter and only the jasmine can
These two notes are enveloped by a strong aromatic, slightly spicy note, reminiscent of pimento and pepper, which gives the fragrance a beautiful casual masculinity and is due to the carnation and nutmeg.

These 4 notes are surrounded by a beautiful floral note which ensures that the heart note gets something light but still tangible and comes from the cyclamen and rose.

Iris and hyacinth were unfortunately not visible to me, but I can imagine very well that these two notes were used for support.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 3 hours before the base asserts itself.

This time I will describe the basis a little differently, in the order in which I perceive the notes:

Sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, vanilla. Musk, Virginia cedar and oakmoss.

The mentioned notes become, respectively are a complete whole and feel the base of the Iceberg Homme at its best.

The sandalwood gives the fragrance a warming and cuddly aura, which also brings a subtle spicy aura with it and I really like it.

The sandalwood becomes very softly earthy, very discreetly sweetly underlaid, which fits really wonderfully, since in my opinion, the cuddly aura is still a little more potentized and is to be owed to the patchouli.

Something in the background, but perceptible, rather used as a "rounding", is a fine, bitter, sweet nuance, which in my opinion is responsible for the fact that the scent does not remain thick, but quite light and comes from the vetiver.

These two notes are enwrapped by a fine, almost transparent, very subtle sweetish creamy nuance, which gives the base something very pleasant and comes from the Bourbon vanilla.

The whole base is wrapped in something light, fine mossy, without looking completely old-fashioned, but you have to say that the fragrance has clearly recognizable classic features, but that in light and in very skilful, I think.

At the very end there is a very soft, almost smooth and silky wooden breath of the Virginia cedar on my skin.

Unfortunately I couldn't see ambergris and leather, but I can imagine very well that these two notes were used for complementation.

In total, the fragrance lasts 6 hours on my skin.

In the first 10 minutes, the Sillage is designed in such a way that one is clearly perceived at half an arm's length, before it unfortunately becomes very close to the skin.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Zirkeltanz" for the vintage miniature.

Discontinued
This has never continued in production, I searched everywhere yet I found the new old stock. I was glad at first but when I got it out of the box, the liquid turns dark yellow which I remembered it was not like this back then (1991) when I first bought it. Apparently the scent turns me off, I believe the notes molecule has expired that's why perfume been kept for 20 years in shelves surely goes out of date. I'm not a nose but sensitive to scents.
Oh well, it's history and history don't repeat but this was really good iceberg for men.

ElysiumElysium 8 months ago
Surprisingly pleasant smell. It could be the lemon, or the florals, or the oakmoss. But then again, it could be all of those blended nicely!

by GothicHeart
by NasiGoreng
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Iceberg

Iceberg Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber by Iceberg Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Oud by Iceberg Iceberg White by Iceberg Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Universe pour Homme by Iceberg Twice by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Homme by Iceberg Iceberg Tender White by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Sandalwood by Iceberg Iceberg Universe by Iceberg Fluid Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Wild Rose by Iceberg Burning Ice (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Effusion Woman by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Cedar by Iceberg Effusion Man (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Light Fluid Women by Iceberg