The Iceberg Fragrance (2008)

The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg
Bottle Design Paolo Gerani

The Iceberg Fragrance is a perfume by Iceberg for women and was released in 2008. The scent is spicy-gourmand. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Pear, Coriander, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesMimosa, Peony, Pistachio ice cream, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Vanilla, Suede

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.06.2020.

Complex, Modern, Classic
I have had The Iceberg Fragrance for a couple of years now and used to wear it a lot, but as it goes with us collectors, I wore other perfumes more often and this got neglected. It really is very worthy of a review so today I am wearing it so that I can write this.

The Iceberg Fragrance opens with pepper, which isn't my favourite as a prominent note, but here it is the pink variety which is slightly smoother, so I forgive Iceberg. Quite rapidly the pepper is joined by the coriander and bergamot. It is very strange because coriander is a note I have tried to avoid, yet here it, along with the bergamot, just serves to round out the pepper and prevent it from becoming overpoweringly harsh. I have to admit, I can't smell any of the pear.

As it develops the top notes blend into the background just adding depth and this becomes savoury, creamy, yet vaguely floral. I agree with the other reviewers that this is a non-sweet gourmand fragrance. I really don't get along with sweet gourmand perfumes at all, so am very surprised that with the creamy pistachio ice-cream, vanilla and peppery notes that I like this. But the combination of all of the ingredients together make a beautifully blended, complex scent that is very modern, yet achieves that which very few perfumes in recent years have been able to do: this is a classic perfume. It is reminiscent of the greats, not that it smells similar, but that it relies on the synthesis of many ingredients to make one unique scent. It is a good thing that that no one note is dominant. It is a good thing that what makes this so unique is hard to pin down. This is what makes me want to wear it more and appreciate it.

In essence The Iceberg Fragrance is strong, modern woman who is fun, intelligent and elegant.

Awesomeness
Low-sugar gourmand worthy of sampling
This Iceberg goes by "The Iceberg Fragrance" (2007 or 2008), and it's frequently called Iceberg New so that it's not confused with Iceberg by Iceberg (1989).

The Iceberg Fragrance is delightful. Unfortunately, in warmer months the pepper just a bit too biting for me, although it mellows through the wear. Colder months are best for this fragrance, and it's a winner in my book. It feels gourmand without all the sugar.

To me, Iceberg The Fragrance falls in the olfactory space of D&G The One and Gucci EdP, both of which are nice but neither of which are wearable for me due to white florals & freesia. Iceberg The Fragrance is a bit more grown-up than these other ones too.

The bottle is awesome & unique ... weighty & hefty. I have a tester. Although it was a good price, I regret not spending $10 more order to have a bottle with a cap.

Definitely worth seeking out a sample. A safe & inexpensive blind buy if you like the notes and reviews.

Spicy Pistachio
Iceberg The Fragrance is one of my most unusual perfumes. Almost overwhelming fruit opening, not sweet at all in spite of the pear. A little while later the coriander stands out, spicy and strong, together with pistachio - all softened by the flowers. Very very spicy, and even more when in rainy/damp weather.
The drydown is warm and with a rather masculine touch. The leather is very distinct to me at this point.
After yet a couple of hours, it changes again when I wear it!! Here comes the ice cream and vanilla that I don't detect much earlier on.
Very, very intersting scent, spellbinding. But not a casual one, not for everyone I'd say - at least not from how it acts on me.
It's a bold, self-confident scent, not girly/pink at all. It makes a statement of strength as in when you mean business, yet inviting, warm and sensual. Try before you buy, but please give it time! So much is going on here!
It's a chameleon on my skin, almost scary, but I will come back to it again and again. After 10 hours it lingers on very close to the skin.

Hot Ice
This fragrance is rather complex and perplexing. The first time I tried it, my nose was assaulted by all sorts of bizarre and quite frankly rather unpleasant scents. I found it a bit nauseating and thought “arrgh, no thank you”.

Since then I tried it again, but this time, instead, applied it both to the skin and to fabric and noticed that it very quickly develops into a soft sophisticated and unusual gourmand on skin … Lovely … But remains rather harsh and unpleasant on fabric for a long time.
I will wear it again, but on skin only.

Iceberg
The opening is a Bit soapy but give it a few minutes it dries down to a Nutty
Accord and florals it's a bit unsual
but Tolerable. so i whould put this on my like list of perfumes. but i really love is the Bottle it has a Art Deco
Sexiness to it a light Brown quarz
brings to mind the lavish sets they used in those old black and white Fred
Astaire Ginger Rogers Musicals the hall
of mirrors from the movie The Lady from Shanghai. Jean Harlow in her tight lowcut shelf gown like the one She worn in Dinner at eight Surrounded by Mirrors or a an elegant quarz ring Emerald cut from a woman hand.

This has to me the most beautiful bottle design in the world next to chanel no 5 and tresor

Flavoursome ice cream
I'll start off by saying that I love the bottle. It's fantastic to read the notes listed on the bottle while experiencing the scent itself.

I find Iceberg to be a little confusing to my nose. It's a strange, yet likable mixture of sweet and spicy. All at once you can sense the pear, vanilla, mimose, almond, violet and pistachio flavoured icecream conflicting with the coriander, pink pepper, patchouli and suede notes.

The overall composition is both a shock to the senses and a pleasant olfactory experience. It is certainly different, really not something I expected.

Seeming that I love my sweet scents and the occasional spicy one, Iceberg fits me nicely. However I'd be interested to see the reactions of people that like one fragrance genre yet not the other in relation to this scent. I can imagine that some may be repulsed.

Either way it's definitely worth a try. I'll also add that both the sillage and lasting strength were commendable.

A Paradoxon: A Warm And Spicy Iceberg
In the very beginning I don't now whether or not I like what I smell after I put it on. It is rather acerbic and heavy spice scents. More like the pure essential oils of coriander and pink pepper than the seeds. In addition a rather biting citrus component that is not fresh and fruity as I usually know bergamot. And no pear at all.
After the scent has settled on my skin, I do know that I like what I smell. This mixture of spice and slightly flowery pleases me and it is pretty unusual, for a ladies' scent anyway.
With progression, the scent becomes softer and softer, especially the spices. Coriander releases its warm, slightly orangy and almost sweetish side and the pink pepper contributes its gently resiny note. Only now I think I can smell some pear vcombining with mimosa to lend a floating freshness to the scent.
Peony and pistachio icecream combine to a creamy soft fragrance onto which violet dabs accents: It is there for a moment and gone the next, turns up for another moment and dissappears again...
Of the base, vanilla is the first note I can identify, and it suits the pistachio wonderfully. In fact, I think it is the combination of vanilla and pistachio that creates the impression of pistachio ice cream. It is interesting that the fragrance isn't sweet in spite of vanilla and ice cream, it is rather a little bitter.
Patchouli and musk don't show up really, they melt into the whole and serve to bind the other components together and to round out the fragrance. But the suede! It takes a while, but then this really is a leathery fragrance, buttersoft suede caressing the senses. And it combines really beautifully with the creamy and yet bitter spice component.
The longevity could be better, as after 5 or 6 hours I can only smell a slightly vanillary remnant close to the skin.

The Iceberg Fragrance is no commonplace fragrance but it is a wonderful companion for every day. It isn't intrusive but noticeable in a pleasant way, if only during the first few hours. It has presence and smells warm, soft and well-groomed. A scent that wants to be taken seriously. In spite of pistachio ice cream and violet it isn't sweet and in spite of spices and vanilla it's no typical oriental.
A scent that should work very well on men, too, by the way.

by Pluto
by Tineline
by Miriell
by Miriell

Popular Iceberg

Iceberg Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber by Iceberg Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Oud by Iceberg Iceberg White by Iceberg Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Universe pour Homme by Iceberg Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Tender White by Iceberg Twice by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Homme by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Sandalwood by Iceberg Iceberg Universe by Iceberg Fluid Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Wild Rose by Iceberg Effusion Woman by Iceberg Burning Ice (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Cedar by Iceberg Effusion Man (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Light Fluid Women by Iceberg