Twice pour Homme 1995 Eau de Toilette

Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg
Bottle Design Henry de Monclin
Twice pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Iceberg for men and was released in 1995. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by Perfume Holding.

Ilias Ermenidis

Base Notes Base NotesLimeLime
PatchouliPatchouli
SandalwoodSandalwood
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.09.2021.

Great times, great fragrance
I've first discovered this fragrance when I was 20 years old, in a small Italian fragrance shop in Como (highly recommend to visit this town) (15 euro for 75 ml, back in 2009). This fragrance to me smells great,not something made in 1995, the longevity is great 8h+ on me, when I where this I receive a lot of compliments.

Keep in mind that this is very citrusy type of fragrance. Don't recommend it in hot days of summer. Best use of this fragrance is colder days (spring, autumn or winter). For the price it now retails (under 15 euro/gbp) I strongly recommend this product.

Cheers
For gentlemen...
... first imperious then - almost - magnificent.

Twice was a blind buy - and the first sniff almost threw me off my game - so the scent dominated me.

I was annoyed that I had taken him along so guilelessly - but I liked the Twice ladies' version very much.

But I admonished myself to rest, because I know that fragrances develop.

All right, Brownie, calm down Say hooola, and take up the reins gently.

And Twice reacts at the second sniff like a horse that bucks hard at first - but then increasingly
...a little more easily, that is, tamer.

The stubborn marigold gives way to the cool mint and is refreshed by the lemon.
Spicy tarragon and strong thyme experience calm and smoothness from the aromatic lavender.
Creamy sandal and patch are added - loosened up by vetiver.

The fragrance is still not a silent treader - for there is no question that temperament slumbers within it.

Well suited for tough guys - preferably hobby screwdrivers, because the flacon is reminiscent of a utensil from the car workshop.

I can think of one candidate who can wear this masculine scent well.

The good friend has a mind of his own - but it is quite accessible.
That'll fit
Don't take it amiss!
I'm very open about fragrances and I like to experiment around, but this fragrance is by far the most disgusting thing I've come across. Pure stomach ache and nausea after just one pull of the nose. Just thinking about him, I mean, I could vomit without any problems. Actually I am not so sensitive and I put a lot away. Whoever knows the smell of a grease separator or has ever walked past a vehicle that was just busy doing a professional disposal of the grease separator, knows how bad this smell can be. But in my opinion it is nothing against this smell I just wanted to encourage others to become familiar with this fragrance and to find out if there is someone who shares this opinion with me. In no case I want to offend or offend someone with this comment. Please check me out. The intention behind it is to express myself as honestly and objectively as possible. I hope I succeeded in these short words.

Kind regards
Schmutzfuss
Just like in the past with Uncle Ben's rice: Always succeeds and doesn't stick!
I like the scent, especially since you can wear it almost always, even outside the summer - despite the clearly visible lemon. The mint is easily recognizable, later the slightly herbaceous nature asserts itself, but I find this very pleasant. Patchouli and sandalwood did not get up my nose, although it should be in it. The durability is okay for a fragrance from the price segment around 12 to 15, - €. With me it lasts for about 4 hours, but then you definitely have to spray it again.
I think that this fragrance can be recommended for in between and as an everyday companion. It is not an absolute highlight, but nevertheless solid and useful.

Think twice
I had always mistakenly classified this candidate as a citric summer scent from afar. It may be due to the optical proximity to CK One - at least from the matt satin bottle. Also the quite citric Acqua di Giò by Armani fits a bit into the scheme.

Be that as it may, Twice pour Homme starts anything but citric, but rather thanks to the marigold and the yuzu plus the mint rather fruity-spicy-minty with a hint of anise and a warm sweetness, but in my opinion with relatively little lemon.
Possibly the fragrance already tends from here to a very slight inclination towards synthetic.

Since the term glucose has already been mentioned here and there, I would like to take it up again, because this comparison is by no means too far-fetched. This might also be because Twice pour Homme after not too long makes an interesting twist into powder. I'm thinking whole clouds of dextrose powder. But Iceberg doesn't make it that easy for us. Besides, the EdT changes further with spicy as well as floral notes and partly in the restrained soap, which makes the whole creations much more multifaceted, as initially assumed.

No, Twice pour Homme is by no means a simple citrus water. On the contrary: he surprises with appealing nuances that you wouldn't have expected from him, even if not at the top level. However, it is still offered very cheaply. You don't have to think twice.

The Smell of Ten Grandfathers
In a word, fusty. Iceberg Twice Pour Homme is the smell of ten grandfathers, liquidated, and then boiled down to their essential aromas. This is not a bad thing if you enjoy a musty, chemist, vaguely sweaty sort of scent. Me, I hope to never smell this mature. The doom is present from the very beginning, although initially there's a sweet-spicy duo that cuts through the must, that makes it bearable. That disappears quickly, however, and by hour five, I'm over Iceberg Twice.

With that said, it's not horrible, just annoying, like a crotchety old man who keeps telling jokes that really aren't funny. If you hold out, it becomes moderately enjoyable towards the end of its life, where it evokes the feel of a well-accomplished older gent. I think the vetiver and lime are largely responsible for that, but the scent is well-blended, and so all I get are impressions and not individual notes.

Projection varies from one to two feet, and you can always smell yourself.
2.5
2.5

Quality For Bargain Price
For some reason, Iceberg has become an insider's tip. Iceberg is located within the mainstream but their perfumes are often of considerable quality – and sometimes exceed those of the more well-known brands. For some reason these fragrances seem to be always offered as bargain buys. Twice Homme is available for ridiculously inexpensive 14 € per 125 ml!

The Iceberg fragrances always come to me as snips – and anyway, doesn't a fair price always make perfume smell just a little bit better? Twice Homme turned out to be a good buy: a hebal-citric gent's cologne – fresh and simple on first sight but with considerable complexness behind.

The top note contains beautiful citrus notes that unfortunately do not last too long. Quickly, Twice Homme becomes greener, and most of all, more powdery.

The dry powder reminds me very much of grape-sugar: the little shims of dextrose that you can buy at the drugstore or pharmacy. They provide a feeling of cool chalk or gypsum in your mouth when you chew them. Among the florals, the tagetes is traceble for me, with its rather dark and medical character. During drydown, Twice pour Homme looses touch with its citric top, and it gets mainly woody-powdery.

It is a matter of sympathy whether one sees a synthetic tendency among herbs, florals, citruses, powder and soapiness. I tend to deny that. For me, Twice Homme comes as an authentic Eighties' or Nineties' fragrance. This best of everything attitude is the basic structure of man perfumes of that times – very typical. Nevertheless, Twice Homme does not seem to be overladen with notes, and the citruses and herbs may play a part in that impression. I should place Twice Homme somewhere in between Givenchy's Gentlemen, the early Insensé Ultramarin and Acqua di Parma's classic Colonia.

Twice pour Homme could be a little bit stronger and with a better sillage. Al least, you can get it in a big 4.2 oz bottle, and so you can spray generously. This is okay for the light summer scent that Twice Homme definitely is. There is even a little gimmick at the flacon: The cap has two little grommets that sit on pins. You have to first twist and then pull.

The small prices really make me wonder what is going on. It doesn't look like that Iceberg is being discontinued – they launched a new gent's perfume recently (Burning Ice), again for very small money.

RobbieXRobbieX 3 months ago
An earthy characterful citrus - fab value. Longevity and silage are both good. Love this one

by Taurus1967
by Taurus1967
by Kadir
by Kadir
by Michael
by Michael

Popular Iceberg

Iceberg Man by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Amber by Iceberg Iceberg (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Oud by Iceberg Iceberg White by Iceberg Iceberg Tender White by Iceberg Iceberg Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Iceberg Universe pour Homme by Iceberg Twice by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 pour Homme by Iceberg Effusion Woman by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Sandalwood by Iceberg Light Fluid Women by Iceberg Iceberg Universe by Iceberg Fluid Man by Iceberg Iceberg Since 1974 for Him by Iceberg Burning Ice (Eau de Toilette) by Iceberg Eau de Iceberg 74 Cedar by Iceberg The Iceberg Fragrance Men by Iceberg