Gardenia Royal 2004

Gardenia Royal by Il Profvmo
7.2 / 10 49 Ratings
Gardenia Royal is a perfume by Il Profvmo for women and was released in 2004. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.
Top Notes Top Notes GardeniaGardenia PeonyPeony
Heart Notes Heart Notes JasmineJasmine TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base Notes MuskMusk
Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 03.07.2019.

1 in-depth fragrance description

A clean white floral
Il Profvmo Gardenia Royal, is a beautiful white floral blend, similar in style and composition to Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. I love the both of them equally.

Although fresh and flowery, it has a slightly aggressive bite. In the opening especially, Gardenia Royal is quite loud and sharp. The overall scent is soapy and clean, rather than naturally green and dewy.

The gardenia, tuberose and jasmine create a smooth, innocent bouquet, however the peony adds more definition by giving it a slightly sour quality. I usually detest peony, however when blended skilfully and present in small doses, it can be just as majestic as a red rose.

Some reviewers have found this fragrance cloying and heavy. My only word of advice would be to apply Gardenia Royal with a light hand. I'm wearing just one spray right now, and I find the projection pleasant as is.

The musk in the heart and drydown makes Gardenia Royal smell a little bit like laundry powder. It's not necessarily unpleasant, and I admittedly like the way it smells, however some people may find it off-putting. It's not technically gardenia in this composition, and many have noted this too. I find it more clean and simplistic with a blend of indistinguishable white florals.

Gardenia Royal proved to be a wonderful discovery for me. It's what I reach for when I want something clean yet noticeable. It compliments my skin perfectly and I feel very comfortable wearing it. I highly recommend.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Il Profvmo

Patchouli Noir / Patchouly Noir by Il Profvmo Touaregh by Il Profvmo Vanille Bourbon by Il Profvmo Musc Bleu by Il Profvmo Fleur de Bambù by Il Profvmo Ambre d'Or by Il Profvmo Coquelicot by Il Profvmo Caramella d'Amore by Il Profvmo Café Vert by Il Profvmo Chocolat by Il Profvmo Chocolat Amère by Il Profvmo Lysander by Il Profvmo Vetiver de Java by Il Profvmo Aria di Mare by Il Profvmo Aventure by Il Profvmo Nymphea by Il Profvmo Quai des Lices by Il Profvmo Othello by Il Profvmo Amour by Il Profvmo Mandarine by Il Profvmo