Touaregh (2003)

Touaregh by Il Profvmo

Touaregh is a popular perfume by Il Profvmo for men and was released in 2003. The scent is spicy-floral. It is being marketed by Valmont Group.

Silvana Casoli

Top Notes Top NotesCitrullus
Heart Notes Heart NotesLokum, Paprika, Nutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Andi136, last update on 16.04.2020.

Who wants my foam?
Hey guys, I come today to a fragrance named after a Berber people in Africa, namely Touaregh by Il Profvmo. The Tuareg are a nomadic people, about whom I could write some interesting things, but I'll limit myself to one thing that might be most interesting for many of us: Their tea culture, whose tea ceremonies resemble or are the same as those of most peoples in Africa and these ceremonies are also known as the Maghrebian tea culture.

This is about making tea, mainly green tea, with mint. The regional differences relate at most to the way of serving, cooking time and the appearance of the teaware. Basically, two things are important for everyone: Firstly, the glasses must always have a high foam when you fill them for the first time. And secondly, it is, so to speak, obligatory that each guest drinks at least one glass of tea just out of politeness. Whereby, of course, optimally, always three glasses are drunk, as the first glass is symbolically bitter as life, the second glass is strong as love and the third glass is finally sweet as death. But the third glass tastes the most bitter, because the tea leaves had to steep longer.

Well, in any case, such ceremonies are always very interesting, even if some details might make people like us turn over our stomachs: Street vendors offering tea don't wash their tea glasses after a customer has finished his tea. With this, the foam that is not drunk with the tea should remain in the glass for the next customer... uuuuh.... ey, neeeeeeeeeein!!! :DDD
So several customers drink from the same glass and share the foam until the foam has to be renewed sometime (so after some customers... aahhhh...)...

Well, be that as it may. I'll just get some coffee (hehe he) and then I'll come to the scent!

Only shortly after spraying it on, I also smell a wonderful sweetness, which smells mainly of amber, but also reminds me a little of oriental sweets. Together with the spicy notes and the lavender the scent smells very pleasant, which doesn't even seem to be that heavy despite its intense aura.
Although there is no tea here, the scent can also appear like green tea from time to time by mixing all the fragrance components with a little imagination, even if only very slightly. A little later the scent is still sweetish and tangy-spicy. I also feel as if I smell a little cinnamon, so the scent reminds me of those great BigRed chewing gums from time to time.
Not much changes in the later base either, as the fragrance continues to smell beautifully of spicy and sweet notes. All in all a very nice scent!

The silage and the durability:*
The Sillage is okay, could have been slightly stronger for a spicy scent, but as I said, it is still okay. You will smell reasonably good up close. The durability is a bit better here, in my case the scent lasted six to eight hours on the skin.

For me, this scent is good for the day and for small social occasions (e.g. dinner at friends, a small drink somewhere etc... but remember that you should NOT meet first because of the corona virus! If everybody sticks to it, we will get through the crisis better and FASTER, otherwise the crisis will continue for quite a while,... you see, it's all in YOUR hands, whether you take it seriously or not... phew,... that had to be said again because of some idiots out there, who are still hanging around in groups, argh... ).
Of course, he could also go out as he has a beautiful, olfactory charisma.

Well... now you know a little more about the scent and also a little about the Maghrebian tea culture :D
From so much talk about tea, you could think that you quickly get the desire for tea, but I was still in Turkey while I was typing these lines here and we were drinking tea all the time! I think I even drank twice as much as at home here in Germany, and if there were visitors, then somehow they drank tea all day long, which also meant that the visitors stayed all day long until late at night... *sigh* This is really exhausting in the long run, I can tell you, but I don't want to bore you any longer and so I'll come to the end :D

Well then, I wish you all a nice evening, see you next time :)
Still clean?
"He smells like soap", this or similar was the first blunt feedback from my personal environment. Ok, I admit that I was somewhat surprised, if not quite disappointed at the time: One of my first niche scents, which I carefully approached - and then this fiasco!

From today's point of view, the reaction is absolutely understandable. Touaregh is probably as densely woven as the garments of the desert nomads who were the inspiration for the name. Unlike my esteemed fellow commentators, I therefore do not even attempt to cut this "material" in the first place.

Touaregh has an effect on me as a whole and first and foremost as a fine material. I would describe it most aptly as lightful, gentle and pure. Untouched like an oasis in the desert still waiting to be discovered. Not of this world. Not yet.

Some may unconsciously associate this immanent originality and "purity" with the everyday ritual of soaping or washing. In this respect, the circle closes here. You feel good when you've done it.

For me Touaregh resembles a garment of ivory-coloured light - airy, ethereal and enveloping at the same time. His ability to flow in a constantly iridescent way in form and to mark boundaries at the same time makes him unmistakably unique. It is far more than the sum of the quality ingredients that breathed its existence into it and now give it the quality to lift our spirits. Muscat thank you.

I see Touaregh mainly in people who have already found their place in life or are about to take it.

Currently my absolute feel-good fragrance No.1!
Definitely with addictive potential.

spicy freshness
I love this stuff. One of my all-time favorites is the spicy, sultry Fendi, and I like the quirky geranium freshness of Myrurgia Maja. Touaregh combines both and throws in some twists and turns, including some pretty yellow rose. Delightful and long-lasting on me. It's getting harder to find in the US, unfortunately. (031710)

Popular Il Profvmo

Patchouli Noir / Patchouly Noir by Il Profvmo Vanille Bourbon by Il Profvmo Ambre d'Or by Il Profvmo Musc Bleu by Il Profvmo Coquelicot by Il Profvmo Fleur de Bambù by Il Profvmo Caramella d'Amore by Il Profvmo Café Vert by Il Profvmo Aria di Mare by Il Profvmo Chocolat Amère by Il Profvmo Gardenia Royal by Il Profvmo Aventure by Il Profvmo Lysander by Il Profvmo Chocolat by Il Profvmo Nymphea by Il Profvmo Vetiver de Java by Il Profvmo Othello by Il Profvmo Macadam by Il Profvmo Amour by Il Profvmo Mandarine by Il Profvmo