White Gardenia Petals 2011

White Gardenia Petals by Illuminum
White Gardenia Petals is a perfume by Illuminum for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot LilyLily BlackcurrantBlackcurrant
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia JasmineJasmine Lily of the valleyLily of the valley Ylang-ylangYlang-ylang
Base Notes Base NotesAmberwoodAmberwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.12.2020.

The Pope has resigned. What next?
British Royalty reminds me of The Pope, who, it appears, has now resigned. So maybe it's okay if I draw this comparison. When The Pope is The Pope, then everyone says that he speaks on behalf of God. Presumably, this is because he was ordained by God. How, then, can The Pope resign? I ask most sincerely.

So here we have another generation of British royalty: HRH Kate Middleton is the future Queen to be, barring an untimely death by someone appropriately linked to someone else appropriately situated. In fact, nothing is assured, I just learned from a quick Google:

"Elizabeth II is currently Queen (Regnant) of the United Kingdom. If she were to die tomorrow the Prince Charles would become King (Regnant) and his wife would be legally Queen (Consort) of the United Kingdom, however it has been rumoured that his wife might style herself Princess Consort out of respect for Charles' late ex-wife. If Charles predeceases the Queen, then William will become King (Regnant), and Kate will become Queen (Consort)."

Hang on, Lizzy--there's a young nubile Queen's crown here at stake!!!!

Well, there's a lot here to wrap our minds around, my fragrant friends, but the really big, burning question is not whether Kate will or will not transform with the last breath drawn of Prince Charles followed by the last breath drawn of his mother into a full-fledged Queen, but:

WHY DID SHE CHOOSE TO WEAR ILLUMINUM WHITE GARDENIA PETALS AT HER WEDDING????????

Well, we've seen all of this before, mutatis mutandis. While in London a while back, Michelle Obama bought Boadicea the Victorious something or other and Creed LOVE IN WHITE presumably because it matches the White House. So there's something obviously about whiteness and royalty and expensive niche perfume that these freshly formed luminaries are tapping into.

Wait: luminary ---> illuminum. White Illuminum. Illuminum WHITE GARDENIA PETALS! I appear to have solved the conundrum. Thank you for indulging me here.

I think that this smells mighty fine, to be honest. The opening struck a funny balance between a kind of Creed SPRING FLOWER or Bond no 9 CHELSEA FLOWERS fruity-floral quality and a vaguely acrylic waft. Could be acrylic nails, but I've never had them, so I cannot report ex cathedra on that.

Anyway, in the end, it all blended together to produce a rather pleasant scent. Not a sharp gardenia at all, more like an abstract gardenia suspended in something resinous which becomes slightly soapy by the drydown.

I think that this was a good choice for the wedding of a possibly future Queen. White flowers. The birth of a luminary wearing Illuminum. The Queen should be clean. It all adds up.

Very nice
This brand is polarizing: you love it or ... not.

I fell in love with this brand today.
Sampled all 16 scents and this scent I retried.
A friend of mine was very generous to send me a sample of this gardenia one, right after the wedding ;)
It did make me frown but not gag.
Today I retried it and it has grown on me: I DO like it!

Yes, it is a white floral and yes they tend to be heady (and heavy).
But if that is your forte, this scent will be right up your ally.
Not chemicals to my nose: but a lovely gardenia with some class to it.

Hope you want to try it now Sherapop ;)

Why Kate chose it?
There were a lot of talk about this brand last year because of the Royal Wedding. I finally got hold of a sample recently. I must say that i was totally disappointed. Rather sorry for Kate...

The notes are so over-powering, in a way old fashion, it's simply not refined in my opinion. It's got some sort of chemical notes also. It's so strong that it is offensive to wear... my husband could not stand me wearing it, asked me to wash it off!

by Elena00
by Elena00
by Heavenly85
by Heavenly85
by LanaL
by LanaL

Popular by Illuminum

Tribal Black Tea by Illuminum Rose Oud by Illuminum Wild Tobacco by Illuminum Piper Leather by Illuminum White Musk by Illuminum Tomato Leaf by Illuminum Arabian Amber by Illuminum Bergamot Blossom by Illuminum White Saffron by Illuminum White Datura by Illuminum White Lotus by Illuminum Saffron Amber by Illuminum Black Gardenia by Illuminum Taif Rose by Illuminum Scarlet Oud by Illuminum Cashmere Musk by Illuminum Rajamusk by Illuminum Tahitian Yuzu by Illuminum Trumpet Flower by Illuminum Skin Petals by Illuminum