Every Storm A Serenade 2015

Every Storm A Serenade by Imaginary Authors
Every Storm A Serenade is a perfume by Imaginary Authors for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is aquatic-green. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Josh Meyer

Ambergris, Calone, Danish spruce, Eucalyptus, Sea mist, Vetiver

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 19.06.2021.

I didn't expect this!
I bought the fragrance because of the ingredients that apply to me.
My expectations were really high.

Day 1: I opened the wonderful packaging and already imagined how it looks of this several as a decoration to put on the shelf.
Just the appearance of a novel..
But it should be about the fragrance.
My first thought was. He's blowing my mind!

Well, ' Every Storm A Serenade has it in the name, after all.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed because I imagined something completely different. Not so extreme. And by extreme, I really mean a scent that hints at a feeling of an attack on you.

I put it away overnight and dug it out again earlier.
A dreary, rainy day at the edge of the woods.
I wanted to get out and sprayed this scent on me, imagining I was in Scotland, walking through the moors.
Suddenly the connection to this scent came.
That's exactly what it is. That's exactly what it's for.
Days like that let this fragrance run free and on those days I will wear it!

A special fragrance, which may remain with me

ScentDane
Leaving the forest for the coast line on a warm Spring day
This is my first experience with Imaginary Authors, but what a pleasant one it is!

Firstly, I have to say that I am a huge lover of green, aromatic green and fougere fragrances, so that is of course influencing my view of ESAS.

Every Storm a Serenade opens up with a pleasant whiff of the (Danish) spruce, vetiver and eucalyptus that gives a really warm and pleasant sensation. It's woody, dark and rich with a liquorice quality to it (probably from the vetiver and eucalyptus). In the background you can pick up the sea water note slightly that gives ESAS that feel of you being in a woody beach on the West coast of Denmark. However, this is very subtle and in the back, and I don't pick up on the calone or ambergris/ambroxan at all.

If you own Encre Noir by Lalique, you will quite possibly get the similarities with that and this one. The difference is that if Encre Noir is in the middle of a dark, damp, green and wooden forest, then Every Storm a Serenade is you leaving that forest and entering a coast line on either a warm Spring or Fall day. Being from Denmark myself, I can feel that mood that Imaginary Authors are trying to portray here.

The silage is not massive, so you will not bother anyone with this one, but will still be able to pick it up yourself. Longevity is on the average side with it lasting around the 6-7 hour mark. Silage and projection will most likely the stronger, the warmer the weather.

It's not the best office scent, but you would be able to wear it here too. However, I'd find it best suited for a day spend outside in the warmer side of Spring and Fall or on a cooler day of Summer. It most likely won't do well in the midst of Summer or the dead of Winter.

If you love vetiver, green or aromatic fragrances, or want a different take on Encre Noir, then definitely check out Every Storm a Serenade.

8/10
Local recreation in Esbjerg
No sea cucumbers in the water. Only nature in the overwhelmed sense. This is the most sterile industrial port I've ever seen. Here was chemically processed.
Chlorine. Adhesive. Vetiver substitute (the nutty, canisterwise). All things may work against algae. Nevertheless, some driftwood floats in the harbour basin, where several aroma trees (the green ones) are stapled. And a bouquet of roses. Do you want to fill the flavoured harbour water into a spray dispenser, which is standing here at the pier in front of me, and press it on the people passing by as a business idea? Pft, pft... A refreshing idea. In summer, when you want to combat the onset of sweating immediately after showering, you glue the glands together. Outside the periphery of the scented area, the whole person smells more and more unwashed in the course of the day. That's a nice contrast that you can take to the extreme thanks to such an artificial perfume. The spatial effect is, thank God, strong, so that the smell of the own fish is covered without any problems.
Whatever floats from the fish remains on the surface can be collected and disposed of by the next cutter. The harbor workers who hurry along immediately use Co2 dry ice fire extinguishers to combat the resulting water and skin impurities. There's coastal fog at the booth. It warms and invites contemplation. A port where the fish disappear. Here in Esbjerg people do not seem to regret the lack of large container ships.
I feel like a tadpole on shore leave. How one could afford such an unused port, I ask one of the workers. Tourism, he answers concisely. With a sigh on my lips, I lose myself in the vastness of a seamless horizon. And the foggy spray dims the mercilessly radiating sun once again on the bearable.

A Tale of the Sea
I've always wanted to enjoy a scent by Imaginary Authors but I have been denied, because they just didn't work on my skin. Their approach of crafting story-telling scents captured my heart, but this scent will be the first to capture my wallet.

Every Storm... begins with aqueous cedar and a smattering of something sweet and stays that way for quite a while. The effect is light, warm, masculine-leaning. By hour six, it takes a beachy direction, the arid/lonely scent of Dune (for men). It fits with the story and it's not all-encompassing as it was with Dune, which struck me as bleak and a bit depressing. By hour eight, it fades out with the tide, as a warm welcoming skin musk.

I like this. It's wistful, even a little melancholy without being isolating or hopeless. Its notes combine in novel ways to tell a story.

Full bottle worthy.

KimJongKimJong 11 months ago
Very similar to Encre Noire Sport, but much aquatic. Comfortable and easy to wear. However, I haven't found a justification for this price.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 11 months ago
A slightly challenging spicy-green aquatic Mid season fragrance, on a solid earthy-woody base. Nice take on dirty Vetiver. Male-oriented...
StarscreamStarscream 3 years ago
I didn't like the scent the first time I tried it. The more I use my sample, the more i liked it.

Des Baumgeistes Schulter
by sebjar
by Robbymax
by Robbymax

Popular Imaginary Authors

Memoirs Of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors Saint Julep by Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache by Imaginary Authors The Cobra & The Canary by Imaginary Authors Yesterday Haze by Imaginary Authors Slow Explosions by Imaginary Authors O, Unknown! by Imaginary Authors A City On Fire by Imaginary Authors Whispered Myths by Imaginary Authors The Soft Lawn (2012) by Imaginary Authors A Whiff of Waffle Cone by Imaginary Authors Sundrunk by Imaginary Authors Telegrama by Imaginary Authors Mosaic by Imaginary Authors Falling Into The Sea by Imaginary Authors Bull's Blood by Imaginary Authors Decisions, Decisions by Imaginary Authors Violet Disguise by Imaginary Authors The Soft Lawn (2021) by Imaginary Authors An Air Of Despair by Imaginary Authors