Tihota 2006

Tihota by Indult
Bottle Design Etienne de Souza
Top 97 in Unisex Perfume
Tihota is a popular perfume by Indult for women and men and was released in 2006. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesVanilla
Heart Notes Heart NotesMusk
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.01.2021.

Challenge in Advent: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 18 December 2019
The commentary of December 18th comes this time already on the 17th, in the evening. Because today I already tested Tihota. I bought the bottle for a sharing and such a bottle from Indult is a very precious thing. All the more annoying that the spray mechanism is not the best. That's why I'm deducting points for the bottle. In tedious head calculations (math was... you know... never like that... ) I calculated that I lost exactly 1.7 mm of my own sharing share only by bottling - currant shitting!? I never would have thought about that number before! But since I've been at Parfumo... Well... that's a shame, anyway. My simultaneous filling of "Seta", for example, was completely unproblematic. Here, on the other hand, my desk, my clothes and, of course, me smell very intensively like Tihota. At least I hope so. Because how strong the Sillage is, I can't really judge at the moment after the action. One thing is certain: I am not allowed to take a shower this week by law - help!

Of course, it was an absolute pleasure to be able to perceive the scent from the full. I think, theoretically, I can't imagine a more perfect pyramid for THE dream vanilla scent than this one. Vanilla - musk - tonka bean: the perfect combination. And yes - the fragrance is fantastic, stunning, beguilingly beautiful. No doubt perfect. At the beginning it looks as delicate-sweet-gourmandig as several of the good vanilla scents I've tasted lately. But development is pure pleasure. That the sweetness - "Tihota" means "sugar" - is followed by the bitter sensuality of the musk, that I now only perceive the deep spiciness of the tonka bean is already a masterpiece. Before I came here, I had never heard of Francis Kurkdijan. But I now understand why his name is so often associated with first-class perfume compositions. The pyramid is so simple in the end - but it is by no means typical. I have now tested some vanilla fragrances and had different compositions again and again. This one has her own identity. I find this identity fascinating and beautiful. The gentle melt of this fragrance on the skin conveys a feeling of complete well-being. Soothing, delightful, soothing - that's Tihota. For me a pure winter scent because of its intensity, its creamy texture on the skin, Tihota is now kept for very special occasions, because unfortunately I only have a small amount of it. Tihota is a treasure and will be used by me in the context of special festivity, sparingly and cautiously, staged like a solitaire when I dress myself festively and "fine-tune". Thus, Tihota ultimately serves his own esteem by effecting at special festivals what he seems to be destined for in his innermost being: sparkling, shimmering, sweet warmth over his wearer and immersing her in a golden, vanilla light.
On December 19th I will be at Vanille West Indies of Ligne St. Barth.

Plain but Pleasant
This is a very nice vanilla, so if one is looking for a straightforward, simple (in a good way) vanilla scent this would satisfy. I am not picking up the musk. I thought the combination of only two lovely notes would be nice, but I can only detect the vanilla, which stays flat and does not evolve.

Vanilla
If you love Vanilla scents, this is your perfume. I was curious. We had a long discussion about dupes at Fragrantica and because INDULT "Tihota" was only available in a limited edition and written up in the perfume blog internet world as extraordinary ... we wanted to get a whiff of it via a dupe. This dupe came from a Candlemaker firm and when I tested it on paper, it simply smelled wonderful. Out of this world. Sexy. That was on paper. On my arm, I did not want to test it, because essential oils are harsh and diluted, well, it would not be as potent.

Okay. The minute the news came through that "Tihota" is again available, I followed this information like a bloodhound. A sample from LUCKYSCENT quickly landed in the mailbox.

On my arm next. Let us see, I mean sniff and experience. What I get in a full beautiful impact is Vanilla, Vanilla, Vanilla. The purest Vanilla I have ever experienced. Mostly when Vanilla is an ingredient as part of a perfume composition, it has its creamy and powdery presence. Here, it is pure.

I went into the kitchen and compared it with Vanilla baking oil. That smelled authentic but raw, with edges, in a way "unkempt". "Tihota" is very fine, subtle and for lack of another word, "angelic".

The notes list Musk and Tonkabean. That is possible, although my rather unprofessional nose smells Vanilla from beginning to end.

For the lovers of Vanilla - try this and you may absolutely adore it.

Quite frankly, speaking for myself, I like the scent ... but want it to be more rounded out with something else. More "flower power". (I found that in a floral creamy perfume "La Route d'Emeraude", at which "meeting" I could not get enough of it and kept sniffing the arm.)

Maybe for another perfumista "Tihota" provides that "cannot stop sniffing" experience. For me, it stopped at being fair and scientific about the scent.

It projects just a little, depending how heavy one wishes to put it on, but it has very good lasting power.

The price is high, maybe with the new launch it can be made in smaller sizes, we shall see. I still would not buy it. I have seen (sniffed) enough. For me it does not have enough "flower power".

CaineCaine 8 months ago
Ver pleasing vanilla and nothing much else. Simple yet beautiful. Leads feminine.

by Gwiazdka72