After My Own Heart (2006)

After My Own Heart by Ineke
Bottle Design Ramona Rühland, Helena Seo

After My Own Heart is a perfume by Ineke for women and was released in 2006. The scent is floral-fresh. It is still in production.

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Green leaves, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesLilac
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Musk, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.01.2020.

5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Short lived dream
I purchased a sample of After My Own Heart with great expectations of a lovely lilac. I was so disappointed by the composition! A timid lilac overwhelmed by gree foliage, without the sweetness of musk or the sparkling heliotropes.
Maybe I was not lucky andmgot a bad decant( which I doubt since Ineke is a great source of samples) thus I conclude that it is not the lilac for me.
5.0/10

spring turns into fall
No flower better conjures the height of springtime than does the lovely lilac-Ineke's spin on the beloved syringa, however, is somewhat autumnal-

Lilac is, of course, a prominent player here- but this is a very warm, ambery lilac- reminiscent of Highland Lilac of Rochester- somehow, for me, the fresh springiness of the blossoms is lost in the woodiness of the basenotes- I had a similar reaction to La Violette by Annick Goutal-

For a fresher interpretation of violets, I prefer Violetta di Bosco by I Profumi di Firenze- and for a fresher, more vernal lilac, I highly recommend En Passant-
7.5 7.0/10

Lovely Lilac: The Other Purple Flower
The aesthetic of AFTER MY OWN HEART approximates something like a cross between FERRE edp and Bond no 9 EAU DE NOHO. I'm not sure why since neither iris nor violets (nor heliotrope) are listed among the notes, but there you have it, my honest, untutored reaction to this gorgeous perfume. AFTER MY OWN HEART features, instead, lilac, and may actually represent the strict antithesis of both the Caron violet perfume, AIMEZ MOI, and Guerlain INSOLENCE (that is, no added dextrose or plastic notes).

The Ineke is also more complex and perfumey than, say, the purple floral offerings of Christian Celle, Borsari or Jean-Charles Brosseau; or the Prada iris trio. This composition is also less masculine than purple perfumes such as Yves Rocher IRIS NOIR or Acqua di Parma IRIS NOBILE. If the truth be told, I love nearly all purple-floral perfumes (the most notable exception being post-nuclear-holocaust-perfume-Hall-of-Famer Guerlain INSOLENCE). Each of these distinct compositions has its own special purple properties, and after testing AFTER MY OWN HEART, I found another must-have for my growing collection of fine purple floral creations.

Lilac is much rarer in perfumery, it seems, than violet, iris, and heliotrope, but no less worthy as the focus of a fine perfume, which this one certainly is. In a side-by-side comparison of AFTER MY OWN HEART with Frédéric Malle EN PASSANT (probably the most famous niche lilac perfume), I find that the Ineke is more resinous and perfumey with significantly better lilac longevity. EN PASSANT is a bit more green and less perfumey and dries down slightly sweetly with much less lilac. Anyone who likes the Malle is bound to like the Ineke, which I find to be superior as a specifically lilac perfume.

by Strehliwood
by Lilau
by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Ineke

Field Notes From Paris by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke Idyllwild by Ineke Jaipur Chai by Ineke