Balmy Days & Sundays (2006)

Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke
Bottle Design Ramona Rühland, Helena Seo

Balmy Days & Sundays is a perfume by Ineke for women and was released in 2006. The scent is green-fresh. It is still in production.

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesYellow freesia, Grass, Leaf green
Heart Notes Heart NotesHoneysuckle, Mimosa, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesChypre accord, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.08.2019.

7.0 9.0 9.0 7.5/10

Pollita
Fear of loss - once again
Do you know that? You have only a few drops left in your original flacon and suddenly get massive fears of loss? That's how I feel about this scent, which I certainly don't wear that often. But when I apply it, I notice again and again why I love it and - no, I don't want to be without it.

Balmy Days & Sundays is once again such a fragrance, which in principle does not fit into my baggage scheme. Flowers, grass and chypre are not my favorite notes. Those girls that Eternity described in her article. That's not exactly how I am. But these arrogant girls usually smell like flowers.

It came how it had to come. I got a sample of this fragrance sent to me by another fragrance lover. Without any expectations I tested him and was just blown away. I wore the rehearsal occasionally and also received compliments. Bye. I think he has to come.

After Chemical Bonding (which I used up in the meantime), the second, overpriced Ineke fragrance moved in with me. And then there's someone who really shouldn't suit me at all. But that only confirms again that we have a tit. Stimmts?

But no matter. We love each other, Balmy Days & Sundays and me, even though I think it's pretty intense right after spraying it on. Something so stinging comes through, but it quickly flies away again. What remains on the skin is just indefinably soft and beautiful and not at all a typical flower or chick. You can just fool yourself and enjoy this delicate, creamy powderiness that surrounds you for hours.

I like the fragrance especially for customer visits, because otherwise I like it sweeter and smokier and I might even get it on the customer's lips. And I think it fits very well in spring and late summer.

I haven't decided yet if I'll buy it. Actually, I wasn't planning on it, but what about my g'schwätz from yesterday tomorrow :)
7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Intriguing First Date ends in a Awkward One Night Stand
Balmy Days starts off very green soapy and smart. It's invigorating, cheerful and leaves a clean green floral trail behind the wearer. I think this is suitable for a man or a woman, for daytime, casual or office wear, with a good amount of lasting poawer ~8 hours. I was so impressed with the first hour of this that I was thinking "Oh-Oh"- Swoonworthy! I love my luscious green balmy fragrances.The Ineke line has moderate sillage for a Niche brand and this was projecting about a 2 meter radius for the first 20 minutes, then settle down to a comfortable 1 meter for the next 3-4 hours and now is about (6 inches) 15.24 cm after 6 hours. It was very herbal, not particularly balmy, as the name might suggest, but a delightfully wearable soapy chypre. Unfortunately it appears to be devolving with my skin chemistry to a very vinegary, rancid, vegetal, musky rose. It never did become musky warm sensual or balmy as I expected. Disappointingly, this remains me of a less potent version of Bond No.9's Astor Place (which stays lovely and stronger for 12 hours). Oh Well, every once in a while I will have this sort of reaction to a Chypre- perhaps it is a unique personal problem, a chemical sensitivity to an particular additive- which only reinforces the need for each person to sample everything on their own skin and more than once if possible. I wish this had not transformed into an unpleasant mess, but it really turns very synthetic, sour and dirty like composted grass clippings decomposing mixed with apple-cider vinegar- yes, it's weird, I know! It was like a lovely encouraging dinner date filled with delightful conversation, long gazes and perhaps a bit too much Malbec, a shot or two of Midori- that leads to dizzy dirty dancing, hand-holding by the riverbank and then a gentle caress carried one step too far...ending in a rushed and uncomfortable exit the morning after as One realizes that things just don't look, sound or smell as entrancing sometimes in the morning when One wakes up with a pounding headache face-to-face with a rancid smelling stranger and brunch plans with the Girls, requiring a hasty and permanent departure.
7.5 7.5 7.5 5.0/10

Irish Spring Green
The opening of Ineke BALMY DAYS & SUNDAYS reminds me of the opening of Moschino CHEAP & CHIC. From there, however, the composition turns into a somewhat synthetic-smelling green, green, green perfume. My cat hated this one, so it fell immediately from contention. I guess that I do in fact agree with him that it seems a bit too chemically to qualify as a green that I'd reach for. Green and synthetic are natural enemies, n'est-ce pas?

In the interest of fair reviewing, I should make clear that I number among those who eschew all Irish Spring green colognes (chez Creed et al.). If you like them, then you might like this one as well.

Popular Ineke

After My Own Heart by Ineke Field Notes From Paris by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke Idyllwild by Ineke Jaipur Chai by Ineke