Chemical Bonding (2006)

Chemical Bonding by Ineke
Bottle Design: Ramona Rühland, Helena Seo

Chemical Bonding is a perfume by Ineke for women and was released in 2006. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is still in production.

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Tea, Citric notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeony
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Powdery musk, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 02.07.2017

7.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

How Not To Name A Perfume
Note to perfumers: please do not name your creations in ways that immediately evoke visions of an organic chemistry laboratory! Ineke CHEMICAL BONDING would be an example to avoid. In fact, the composition is much better than the name would seem to suggest to those of us who have tested way too many of the sickeningly synthetic fragrances on the market today. To be perfectly frank (quoi d'autre?), I actually do not understand and am indeed mystified by the weird “molecule” trend in avant-garde perfumery, with single synthetic notes being poured into bottles and sold as perfume at niche prices. Hello? Does this make any sense whatsoever? Why not just go to a chemical supply shop and buy yourself a bottle of the “special molecule” for a tiny fraction of the cost? But I digress...

CHEMICAL BONDING is another masculine-leaning composition by this house—along the lines of FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS, and I find it about as appealing. I wouldn't mind smelling it on someone else, but it's not something that I would go out of my way to acquire. Nor is it something that I'd go out of my way to wear, if I happened to have a bottle. To me, CHEMICAL BONDING seems like a generic men's citrus cologne which falls just this side of the natural/synthetic divide. Vetiver, citrus, light florality...you know the drill.

Popular Ineke

After My Own Heart by Ineke Field Notes From Paris by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke Idyllwild by Ineke