Field Notes From Paris 2009

Field Notes From Paris by Ineke
Field Notes From Paris is a perfume by Ineke for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is woody-spicy. It is still available to purchase.

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot Coriander seedCoriander seed Orange blossomOrange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli TobaccoTobacco Tobacco flowerTobacco flower CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesBeeswaxBeeswax LeatherLeather Tonka beanTonka bean VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.10.2021.

Natural-Smelling Masculine Cologne
Ineke FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS is a rather masculine composition, with a lot of bergamot and coriander and a decidedly cologne-y feeling especially in the opening before becoming more woody in the drydown. This is a nicer one to my nose than some masculine colognes (including some of the others from this house), as it is natural smelling and appears to have some depth hiding within.

Looking at the notes indicated on the house's card, I must confess that I don't detect many of them at all—at least not consciously. There is nothing very sweet (vanilla) or oriental/chypric (patchouli) or leathery or tobacco-y about this composition to my nose. Those are all notes that I love, so I'd like to be able to say that they are present here, but I really cannot tease them out as individual components. I will say that this is a rare case of a decidedly masculine perfume that I might consider wearing now and then, if I somehow happened upon a bottle lying about my house. I do think that I might enjoy smelling FIELD NOTES FROM PARIS on somebody else. Excellent longevity and pretty big sillage.

Hmmm... I see that this has been designated as unisex? Now that's a surprise.

Springtime in Paris
Field Notes from Paris evokes an inner wistfulness
of late spring in May opens with zesty orange blossom
and crisp lemon slice steeps in the evening air, in a
minute it dries to a sweet scent of violet a symbol
of lost love and nostalgia and grass green and lush
from the gentile spring rain dries Elegantly in acute
melancholy. Coriander with it's spicy nuance opens the
middle note with grounded underpinning Patchouli is diluted and elusive which i can't detect either ceder
those two note are a hidden mystery, the Finishing drydown is sweet with Vanilla then dries with an resinous Benzoin then ends with a soft and milky texture or Heliotrope.

Like a Parisian Girl looking for her American G.I
lover during the Liberation of Paris of WWII and
finally Reunited under the Champs Élysées bridge
Field Notes brings the yearning of two lovers
together with just one spray Old love regenerates
into new.

smoking or non-smoking?
You know how it is- Nobody hates the odor of cigarette smoke more than an ex-smoker does- and us ex-smokers will pick up the smell from a thousand paces-

And it seems that is what happened to me when I smelled Field Notes- the stale smell of tobacco smoke drowned out everything else-

I suppose if you like Serge Lutens' Chergui, you might like this one as well- but it's definitely not for me, because I kicked the habit!

by Scentist
by Scentist
by Somebody
by Somebody
by Spawny
by Spawny

Popular by Ineke

Idyllwild by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke After My Own Heart by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke Jaipur Chai by Ineke