Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur (2011)

Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke
Bottle Design Ramona Rühland, Helena Seo

Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur is a limited perfume by Ineke for women and was released in 2011. The scent is fruity-floral. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Bordeaux, Red currant, Sour cherry, Black raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmyris wood, Cardinal larkspur, Nutmeg, Saffron
Base Notes Base NotesTonka bean, Bourbon vanilla

Submitted by Chipsy, last update on 30.12.2017.

floral fruity
This fragrance smells in the beginning like French milled soap to me. It threw me off because the top notes are supposed to be fruity, but all I could smell was a top of the line vintage soap. I let it sit on me longer, and the fruit and wine notes developed in the drydown. It was strange since I thought it would be opposite--fruity top, floral-like drydown. Needless to say, it was a unique experience. I would strongly suggest testing it a few times instead of buying blindly since the fragrance is a different experience for each wearer.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Sui Generis Reddishness
I have been meaning to review Ineke SCARLET LARKSPUR for quite some time now, having acquired a bottle back in September 2011. Each time I wear this perfume, I find myself unable to grasp exactly what it is. The first time I donned it, I was sampling the Floral Curiosities series (of which this is one member) at an Anthropologie store in Boston. I had vowed not to buy any more perfumes scent unsniffed, so I made the trek downtown to give these special limited edition creations a try.

It was a hot day outside, and I had walked a few miles, so when I got inside the store I basically doused myself with the tester bottle. The perfume was not too loud or strong, and it both felt and smelled refreshing, so that was part of the reason. But I returned to the tester bottle again a couple more times because I just couldn't figure out what this was supposed to be.

SCARLET LARKSPUR is not exactly gourmand but also not exactly fruity floral. Instead, it falls somewhere in between. I would compare this to the better members of the Salvatore Ferragamo INCANTO series, because this fragrance, too, has a brightness and conveys a sense of cheery optimism. The difference is that the components in this SSRI launch seem entirely natural to my nose. The problem with BLISS and BLOOM is that although on good days they smell great, on bad days they become vaguely annoying. No such problem with this Ineke creation, I am happy to be able to say.

The tightly blended notes are not easily disentangled, but there is an overall feeling of reddishness. This composition is fruity without really seeming fruity, as contradictory as that may sound. I really don't know how to describe the scent, but I like it, though I usually do not like fruity-floral compositions all that much. I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes bright, optimistic fruity floral fragrances, but I think that some who usually shun that category may like it as well. SCARLET LARKSPUR is an affable, pretty creation. It is at once both inoffensive and strangely appealing.

Here are the notes on the box of this limited edition perfume:

delphinium cardinale (= Scarlet Larkspur)
blood orange
amyris wood

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular Ineke

After My Own Heart by Ineke Field Notes From Paris by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke Idyllwild by Ineke Jaipur Chai by Ineke