Floral Curiosities - Sweet William 2012

Floral Curiosities - Sweet William by Ineke
Floral Curiosities - Sweet William is a limited perfume by Ineke for women and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The production was apparently discontinued. Limited Edition

Ineke Rühland

Top Notes Top NotesCloveClove CuminCumin Peach brandy CinnamonCinnamon
Heart Notes Heart NotesSweet william SandalwoodSandalwood CedarwoodCedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Aava, last update on 22.08.2020.

Sweet William sings to me
"Dianthus barbatus" is not everybody's cup of tea. You have to like the smell of the red-white bi-coloured flowers called "Sweet William" and I for my part do. I've got beds of them in my garden and adore the scent when they are in full bloom come May/June. But the scent is not a classical soliflore, "Sweet William" does not focus on one single flower alone. It also incorporates traces of peach, cumin and cinnamon to prop up and intensify the basic note, to make it "sing". I know it does not sing to everybody, but it sings to me in a beautiful way. It's a spicy, slightly earthy scent of flowerbeds and the entire litany of spring and summer gardens. Ineke has come up with a swag of beauties inspired by the flowers in her garden - and "Sweet William" happens to be my personal favourite. For me, the beautiful aroma of the flower is cross-breeded with dashes of just the right spices and a bit of bourbon vanilla to soften the earthiness. A welcome change from the stranglehold of the rose-jasmine flower brigade.

Sunlit garden in late August
Sweet William reminded me right away of a sunlit perennial garden in late summer. There is a lovely hint of fruits in this scent mixed with woody greenness of twigs, branches and light aroma of outdoor flowers. What a lovely way to represent cheerful Sweet William flowers. Their bright clusters in every shade of red are always an eye-catcher and mood lifter for me. I find that Ineke’s imagination is spot-on with this flower, representing not only the cheerful character of the flower but a garden where it grows.

The composition is spicy but soft and pleasant to wear. The peach is natural and a bit boozy but not candied. I think the peach gives this composition tender and charming quality. The spices mixed with carnation-like note work beautifully here. I often find that the scents with clove, cumin and cinnamon are a bit strong but Sweet William is warm and well-balanced scent that wears effortlessly. The composition is grounded in woods and earthy patchouli reminiscent of a natural garden warmed by the August sun.

The sillage is similar to other Ineke creations – subtle but noticeable. The longevity is at least 5 hours. The scent is interesting, unique, high quality and easy to wear. I was happy to add it to my collection.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop

Popular by Ineke

Idyllwild by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Angel's Trumpet by Ineke After My Own Heart by Ineke Field Notes From Paris by Ineke Hothouse Flower by Ineke Evening Edged in Gold by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Poet's Jasmine by Ineke Balmy Days & Sundays by Ineke Gilded Lily by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Briar Rose by Ineke Floral Curiosities - Scarlet Larkspur by Ineke Chemical Bonding by Ineke Derring-Do by Ineke Jaipur Chai by Ineke