Oud for Greatness (2018)

Oud for Greatness by Initio

Top 74 in Unisex Perfume
Oud for Greatness is a popular perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesLavender, Saffron, Nutmeg
Heart Notes Heart NotesOud
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Musk

Submitted by Taamii, last update on 04.07.2020.

Lennsen20
Medieval Spectacle at the push of a spray button
First and foremost, the bottle triggered me. This design alone was enough for a purchase I thought. I took all the reviews and comments on the fragrance, checked my emails first thing in the day, thought of how it could smell and made blind comparisons to possible similar perfumes. About 10 times I thought about buying it blind in a weak moment, because the delivery of the whole bottle is faster at ALzD; fortunately I stood firm :D about 250 Euro for a little liquid on blind would have been crazy.
I almost gave up hope when the mail came. On torn the whole and said scent applied to the wrist:
Well, I didn't expect that. It starts out as sweet heavy smoke, light zoo aroma. Mega disappointment. I pulled myself together inside and remembered that many niche fragrances need time to develop. And people like that unfolded. Mega simple.
After some time, sitting in the living room and playing with the console, I noticed a scent I knew. As a child, I loved to go to medieval markets. And there are usually stalls where soaps, incense sticks and other similarities are traded. This perfume smells the same to me. After smoke, sweet balsam, earth, resin and last but not least an extremely delicious spicy and almost fresh patchouli. The smell is awesome.
I have to buy it. For very special occasions. But it can wait a while ;)

Séduction Mystérieuse
C'est un parfum équilibré, "rond". Bien qu'il soit possible de bien distinguer tous les ingrédients, aucun ne chevauche les autres. On sent l'oud dès le départ mais ce n'est jamais trop animal. Le safran et la muscade le rendent addictif et j'ai passé la journée à sentir mon bras. C'est un parfum qui m'a donné envie de porter une chemise noire et de sortir le soir pour jouer le rôle d'homme mystérieux. Il a ce musc à la base et une douceur qui le rend très séduisant. La performance est super, après plusieurs heures, le parfum est toujours très présente. Concernant la bouteille ... elle est magnifique.
The Smooth Criminal
If I had to describe this fragrance in one word, it would be "smooth." The thing simply smells round, perfect and soft.
A real nose flatterer, what you probably don't expect from an "Oud" fragrance in this form.
Despite its "softness", the fragrance has something mysterious, dark and slightly masculine about it.
Not dark side street at night gloomy, not scary in the forest at night, rather lonely well dressed gentleman at the bar at midnight.
He knows who he is, what he can do. Throws the ladies a charming smile across the room and is actually just waiting for his attraction to unconsciously gravitate them into his direction
A scent where I see myself robbing a bank in a suit, a scent for "Smooth Criminals" Just the sort of sympathetic criminals who have such a charm that you as a viewer are always on their side. Charismatic, present through a charisma, but never loud or raw.
If Oud for Greatness were a person or character, I would describe him as Raymond Reddington from the series Blacklist or as Neil Caffrey.
The main character from the series "White Collar" simply embodies everything I imagine or want to be when I close my eyes and have the scent of Initio in my nose.

Beautifully soft oud(?/ wood) present throughout, not dirty or fecal. Rather smoky.
Lavender, nutmeg and saffron cushion the woods beautifully and grind any edges, radiating a certain calmness and serenity.
A beautifully interwoven work in which simply everything somehow seems to be coherent.
Gives that satisfied feeling that you have when something fits perfectly.
Definitely a different kind of "oud" that you should definitely have smelled once.

Perfect position and projection. Not too obtrusive or penetrating room filling, but very well perceptible even over a long period of time Durability of more than 10h on my skin.

Presentation of the box and presentation of the bottle so by pretty.
All in all for the price absolutely reasonable, if you look at other houses.
UNTOUCHABLE
Herewith I now write my
very first comment on this website.

My description of fragrance:

The oud is already a bit dominant at the beginning,
but this is not an oud,
which stinks or smells strongly woody.

But the opposite is the case here.

In the later course one smells here very refined
and luxurious oud, which is excellent with saffron
and nutmeg has been mixed.

A pleasant smokiness
and something sweet is in the air.

The scent is definitely unisex, minimally more masculine
The shelf life and silage are unsurpassed.
Even after more than 12 hours, you're still
responds to this scent and generates compliments.

My tips:

- wears this fragrance only in late evening hours
or generally in the autumn-winter season.

- never test for a test strip, but on the skin.

- combines 3x splashes of Initio - Oud for Greatness
with 2x splashes of MFK - Baccarat Rouge 540 EdP.

BUT beware: this combination is addictive
My conclusion:

This perfume is an untouchable masterpiece.

Wearing this perfume, it seems like that a magical and at the same time
mysterious aura forms.

The appearance of the bottle reflects the fragrance.

12/10 masterpiece and therefore 100% buy recommendation.
Eliassport
One of the best oud fragrances
The perfume is really for me one of the best oud fragrances there is
Already at the opening one clearly notices the natural oud and behind it there is saffron I mean. After the top note or a few minutes it becomes a little softer of the fragrance character I think that is due to the unspecified vanilla that I actually perceive all the time. After 4-5 hours, it becomes increasingly vanilla or softer and more pleasant.
This remains so until the end.
The fragrance is simply so beautifully composed with the main chord oud.
The oud is always present, but is caressed by soft and lovely components such as vanilla. This makes the fragrance perfect when you need peace and quiet, when you want to be for yourself and build up your energy - when you want to capture the depths etc..
It goes just as well for evening events, dates, walks, cuddling moments etc.
Simply ingenious.
Durability and projection

It's really phenomenal.

He projects felt eternal and strong. One is constantly surrounded by this strong spirit of heaven. To be specific, you will be perceived strongly for at least 6 hours and this will be minimized in slow steps.

The shelf life varies from day to day, at least 15 hours and more.

Top!
Scent: 9,5/10
Projection: 9.5/10
Durability: 10/10
Conclusion: A good fragrance with extremely high quality, projection and durability.
It is very deep and expresses real intelligence and strength.
Top!
LarsGrub
The scent is a statement
I smelled the scent that first time, and I knew I had to have it. Before I smelled the scent I didn't like oud scents. But it has to be said that I only knew a few perfumes in this direction and I didn't like them and I didn't look for other fragrances in that direction. When I then smelled the fragrance by chance in the castle perfumery in Stuttgart, I immediately fell in love with the scent and the scent.
There are of course other very good out fragrances, such as Von #xerjoff the Oud stars series. Oud Stars Fars is at least as good but more than twice as expensive as this perfume. With 250€ this fragrance is by no means cheap but it is very worth it. One judges very well the very qualitative ingredients
The fragrance notes are very well balanced. I think you can smell out the individual ingredients although oud is already very dominant and can be recognized at any time
The Sillage is overwhelming, three splashes are already too much for me which has many advantages, such as that the scent lasts for an eternity, but also you can't wear it all the time, no scent for the office because it is too powerful for me. You need a certain self-confidence for the scent, not to be carried by the scent but to carry the scent.

If you like oud, you must have smelled that scent once
DarkWinterCS
Oh my Oud!!! Let the wood smoke...
Indio Oud for Greatness, one of those fragrances I came across through an American YouTuber. One who has already interested me very much by his presentation and description. This happened even before my perfume time. Well, many didn't have this in the program. Therefore I was very happy that ALZD was able to offer samples shortly after release. So ordered, waited longingly and cheered the package received.

The notes in this fragrance may not be excessive in number. This is also due to the fact that the use of strong oud additions pushes other notes into the rear accordingly. As in this fragrance. The oud is so dominant here that there is hardly anything else in the room for the first few minutes. Extreme smokiness, which is supplemented only after some time by further spice from the oriental range. For me, saffron and nutmeg can still be perceived to some extent and make the scent a pleasure. But a pleasure that gives a hump of itself and throws everything out of a room that it does not radiate itself.

Some people think he's not unisex. I can't confirm this, because no masculine notes are recognizable. Since it was too much for me after a while, I gladly gave it to a woman Ü50, who absolutely likes the scent.

Durability and silage are really good. Loose over 10h holds it on the skin.

Dan81Dan81 27 days ago
5.5
I really wanted to like it but it's not my taste. Opening is too medicinal. Pleasant sweetness does evolve but I don't enjoy wearing it
BejanoirBejanoir 63 days ago
The opening hits you in the face, and then the magic happens. This needs to be weared, to be fully understood, and not on paper or hand.

by Felsn
by AnjaTom
by Iluvdawid
by Iluvdawid

Popular Initio

Rehab by Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Side Effect by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Psychedelic Love by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Atomic Rose by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio High Frequency by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio