Psychedelic Love 2017

Psychedelic Love by Initio
Psychedelic Love is a popular perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

BergamotBergamot
MyrrhMyrrh
Indonesian sandalwoodIndonesian sandalwood
VanillaVanilla
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.10.2021.

It's your turn
The shooting match was always at Whitsun. I shot at the target, too, of course. In the village, you either break or join the club. Yes, of course I was a club man, nice uniform with the green jacket. The knees always blue, because the Tommel hit them, the college shoes with the black pompons. The drum major in front and we behind.

In the evening then Dans op de Deel in the marquee and in the singer of the band all the girls were in love. Except for Iris, who already had her treasure. And already he comes around the corner again "Hey, it's your turn and get the next round of Lüttje Lagen!" That's how it always went, in turns. One year we had the invasion of the rockers, who smashed the whole tent. Every year there was some kind of drama. Hartmut smacks Heike. My uncle starts a drunken brawl. Erika pees herself again, so full was she.............echt, that was better than cinema. The next morning the obligatory Alka Seltzer and then hangover breakfast. And back on the boards, strap on the drum and march on.

This sweet psychedelic love reminds me of what it smells like to march back to the fairgrounds at the almond stand. It's not roasted almonds I'm smelling, but it comes pretty close to the waffle, almond, candied apple booth. The scent sweet, yes. But it's also cozy, gives a feeling of security. I also think I smell a hint of Koskos, the vanilla is nice. The march ends with fine sandalwood.
Orient light
After I may call several Initio bottlings my own and I find many of the fragrances very appealing, now finally at least one bottle should find its way into my home. Very quickly I declared both Psychedelic Love and Absolute Aphrodisiac to my favorites. One morning I put on Absolute Aphrodisiac and sprayed Psychedelic Love on a test strip and put it in the car as I drove to work. I sniffed my arm all day and declared Absolute Aphrodisiac my perfume of choice until I arrived back at my car in the evening and this wonderful scent enveloped me. I was immediately clear, Psychedelic Love is the winner.

Why? Hmmm. Now, unfortunately, I do not belong to the perfumos who could now write a treatise on individual fragrance components, their compositions and progressions. I don't even know what individual components smell like. Psychedelic Love is supposed to smell like myrrh. What does myrrh smell like, please? Even if I had myrrh in front of me right now, I might not even be able to sniff anything. My nose isn't very sensitive, unfortunately (maybe I should consider a septum surgery after all...), but it's quite enough to distinguish "I like" or "I don't like". Well, Psychedelic Love has something oriental for me without immediately overloading me with campiness. Let's call the fragrance semi oriental for that reason. I do like some of the Amouage scents, but often, with few exceptions, they are far too heavy for me despite my rather dull nose. The Initio scents are different. I find them sophisticated, although I hardly notice any major scent progressions. But that doesn't make a good fragrance for me anyway. Psychedelic Love is a balanced composition and embodies sensuality with a lighter character for me. I therefore also do not understand at all that some reviewers perceive a heaviness of the fragrance, although I find durability and sillage quite noteworthy.

Initio tries with its fragrance descriptions to explain a character, which is also found in the name again. It is carried out full-bodied attributions, I do not give a damn. I don't like "I want to be like that" advertising phrases. Fragrances appeal to me or not and I have my own associations. Initio, however, succeeds very well in appealing to me with their DNA (much like the Narciso fragrances). Psychedelic Love is an extremely harmonious composition without any major rough edges and embodies feminine sensuality for me. Overall, I find the fragrance more feminine than masculine, whereas I perceived Absolute Aphrodisiac as a balanced unisex fragrance.

To the bottle:
I have already declared myself a small flacon fetishist, I think only about the visual sensations to develop any interest in fragrances (with very few exceptions such as Delina, terrible design). That's where the Initios hit the mark with me. In addition, the Psychedelic Love bottle is haptically at this point the best bottle in my collection. It feels heavy and silky matte in the hand. It is not black, but held in a very dark plum tone. Very noble and qualitatively 1A.

Make your own picture. Now still have to Initio here, wavering between Rehab and Musk Therapy....
Simply Wow!
I love this perfume, it is sensual, soft, warm and seductive. Simply the perfect fragrance for an evening for two. I think it's wonderful that Initio uses Hedion and stimulates the brain regions that make us feel lust and desire. I can't stop sniffing my wrist when I wear this perfume and get a pleasant tummy tingle every time
Myrrh en masse.....
I would have imagined something completely different. I would have imagined because of the many great reviews and the fragrance pyramid what feminine, sensual, floral, with a bit of wood and vanilla. The fragrance smells but quite different...

In short, I find the fragrance as a body scent terrible..? The fragrance is all other than sensual and feminine and certainly not floral..I find the fragrance in itself not bad but as a body fragrance totally off..

For me actually plays myrrh here a huge almost astronomical main role . A much too large role. This fragrance or smell I like actually very much in a church smell but only in a church, not on my skin.

I have to think back to my childhood and go on a little time travel. I went with my parents from Denmark, I am Danish, to Italy and we visit a mass in St. Mark's Cathedral in Venice. I'm sitting there and I have goose bumps. The choirboys sing Ave Maria so clear and so pure, that it almost takes my breath away... I feel myrrh burning in my nose. Dry and dusty and so present that it goes in a resinous direction. I'm leafing through a book of church songs even though I don't understand a word of Italian. The book smells damp and old... That's exactly what psychedelic love smells like to me... An extreme portion of myrrh, where Heliotropin fights a hopeless battle to get a small supporting role but unfortunately has no chance to fight its way through. Still, you can feel those teeny glimmers of heliotropin, which softens the otherwise very dusty myrrh scent a bit..

May be that this fragrance smells interesting for some and maybe the notes just do not harmonize with my skin but I want to smell neither after old church books or generally after Catholic Church... I smell by the way not a single floral note out...

Lana del Rey?
For reasons I can't quite put my finger on, Psychedelic Love is a scent I see on someone like Lana del Rey. In the music videos - Lana as an art figure is very much involved in the aesthetic elaboration of these - she oscillates between grande dame, wild spirit, an almost childlike damsel and a rocker chick, trying to pay homage to and satirize the American Dream from multiple perspectives at the same time.

Why psychedelic love on this Miss America? The silky woodiness, the slight florality, and a minimal smoky edge. The rest, unfortunately, remains impenetrable association on my part.

PL lasts a long time on my clothes, on the skin I get like 7 hours as a H/S problem child, with first moderate and then light projection.
Maybe after my just started trying silicone primers I can give better reports.

Who from the designer area Just Rock! or even this is her! to appreciate, comes with PL certainly also well at his expense, here you get something similar, just more oriental and multi-layered, more valuable. Have also already heard that people smell a touch of Dior Addict in it - and I can understand it!

Ptsau
One of the bests from Initio!
Love it at the first sniff but then I tried Side Effect after this, I love Side Effect even better. They are both lovely and addicting but if I have to choose one to get a full bottle first, I will go with the Side Effect because Psychedelic Love is a little feminine and I usually prefer something more unisex or masculine (although I ended up got both). This tends to be floral and slightly feminine but somehow I totally love it. I think it is because of the almond, vanilla and hedione that makes it not as old lady kind of feminine and more unisex. It smells totally modern and unique. Also it would get you addicted by the hedione.

Performance is very good but not as beastly as OFG and Side Effect. Still last 8+ hours on my skin and with 2 feet projection.

It is my #3 from Initio. OFG is #1 while Side Effect is #2 for my taste. Initio became one of my favorite house.

Gorgeous vanillic-benzoin-heliotrope-hedione bomb!
This stuff is addictive and just beautiful! Notes are incomplete here. What you get is a gorgeous airy sweet vanilla with almondy-floral vibe with the other notes giving it more depth and complexity. I am not a fan of gourmand or vanilla scents but the moment I smelled this one, I knew I had to have it! Exquisite blend, outstanding performance, great bottle. Must try!!!

Gorgeous narcotic bomb
I have been interested in Initio for a while but did not want to like them too much as they are quite expensive. After comparing multiple scents, Initio has become the top niche brand for my nose. Their absolute collections with the layering capability of magnetic blends slowly grew on me but the recent carnal bland collection has simply been astonishing. I cannot be satisfied with decants anymore and I have to get psychedelic love, Rehab and even side effect - which I think is quite similar to my beloved Herod from PDM but ugh it smells so gorgeous and complex that I don't think I can refuse it. Anyway, that's how much I love this house and their products.

Back to Psychedelic love: This is my absolute favorite scent from the house at this moment. Initio doesn't have an official website so I am not sure where the description came from in Fragrantica, but its descrition as a "narcotic bomb" could not be more right.
I simply cannot stop sniffing this beauty.
The three essential ingredients that they list are rose, hedoine and helitropin. The rose is subtle and not overwhelming to my nose, hence I do not get an overt feminine impression others have said. I also don't believe in the pheromone-like substance or it's potential influence on other human...but I am sniffing it like crazy so what do I know?
What I can say is that the helitrope smells AMAZING with creamy sandal wood and a light touch of vanilla, like a bee attracted to a flower I keep . Simply indulgent, addictive and sexy. It will be my new signature scent and I cannot wait to test out layering with MB7 or MB8.

MariaSMariaS 12 days ago
Beautiful ylang ylang dominant scent.For me this is the definition of feminine scent! It’s beautiful but I don’t know if full bottle worthy!
Dan81Dan81 1 year ago
Head over heels in love. New signature scent. Many mention it as more feminine than masculine but I don't care. I can't stop sniffing myself

Psychedelia
by ChatonNoir
by KaTi1
by KaTi1
by Amadea70
by Amadea70

Popular Initio

Rehab by Initio Side Effect by Initio Oud for Greatness by Initio Musk Therapy by Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Atomic Rose by Initio Oud for Happiness by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio High Frequency by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio