Side Effect 2016

Side Effect by Initio
Top 71 in Unisex Perfume
Side Effect is a popular perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-spicy. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Magnetic Blend 7

CinnamonCinnamon TobaccoTobacco SaffronSaffron SandalwoodSandalwood RumRum VanillaVanilla HedioneHedione

Submitted by Michael, last update on 17.05.2022.

Emreeryilmaz
I was surprised to see that there was no leather inside.
A tone reminiscent of the smell of a leather jacket is revealed. It resembles processed animal hide skin. This leather scent is accompanied by vanilla and tobacco. Definitely not tobacco dominant. The tobacco here is more like aromatic pipe tobacco. The scent becomes different after the first hour and takes on a tone reminiscent of cherry jam. It is more aromatic at this point.

Take some pipe tobacco and mix it with powdered cinnamon. Wet the animal skin with rum liquor, put tobacco and cinnamon in it, turn the skin into a role and rub cherry jam on the end and burn it. This fragrance literally smells like that.

It stays on fabric for more than 10 hours. It starts to decrease after 8 hours on the skin. The projection is felt from 3 meters. If you leave a room, the smell will remain in the room.

Longevity: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10
Projection: 8/10
Fragrance Quality: 8/10

Simple yet deep
Smelling Side Effect for the first time did present me with a dillema.
While I love boozy fragrances and gourmand in general I wasnt convinced that this fragrance was for me, just smelling it on the paper strip.
TEST ON SKIN FOLKS
My God does this open up beautifully on skin, a sweet rum accord for the first 30 minutes with some added backbone from the cinnamon. The tobacco is light and airy. It does fade in and out in the later stages the sandalwood presents itself.
Is it complex?
ABsolutely not

Is it simplistic perfection for anyone with a sweet tooth?
Fuck yes.
Longevity and performance is out of this world.
Ischgelroi
Unfortunately a fragrance without corners and edges
Side Effect has been one of the bottlings with me that has somehow fallen into oblivion. The reason for this was also my disappointment with Oud for Greatness (unfortunately without oud) and Musk Therapy, which completely collapsed after the beautiful top note. Me and Initio didn't get off to a good start until now. My hope now was that Side Effect might change that. Unfortunately, here came the next disappointment.

Side Effect is a typical sweet boozy fragrance with a swing to a gourmand. The whole thing is actually nothing bad, but unfortunately Side Effect is just a sweet cloud with slight spice nuance. The tobacco is unfortunately almost slain by the sweet notes, and the rum can't hold its own either. To me, Side Effect just smells like cinnamon, vanilla, saffron and sandalwood with a marginal amount of the other notes from the fragrance pyramid. I'll keep it short: it's just disappointing. Unfortunately, Side Effect also bears a very strong resemblance to The One Intense, which also bothers me a lot. The fragrance DNA on Side Effect is really not unique at all, especially after the top note, it's just merely sweet and sticky. Side Effect unfortunately just has no edges as I mentioned in the headline. There would have been a lot more in here because the notes would have offered the potential for something better. Side Effect is for me a drugstore fragrance with a slight niche character.

The durability is but really very good. Side Effect was even after 12 hours still gently perceptible on my skin. The silage is also good and is just over an arm's length noticeable for 6-7 hours. After that, Side Effect quickly becomes skin.

Side Effect is not a bad fragrance, but for me just nothing special, and for this my claim to a brand which clearly sees itself as a niche is too high, more precisely I expect here simply more. At around 200 € there must simply be more offered.

Mind Blowing
My Personal experience with this fragrance was a Love at first sniff; I watched a review on YouTube of it either on Redolessence/BFL or BowTieFragranceGuy channels and had to try it.
Ordered a 7.5ml sample from the initioparfums website & it arrived rapidly; 1 spray was all it took to order the full 90ml bottle & Its been a pleasure since.
I'll always have this in my collection, i'm a sucker for notes & whats what but I don't care, its a win or okay or yuck when it comes to fragrances. This one is an absolute winner.
Connie
Saffron and cigar... Not mine...
I have waited so long to finally be able to test this fragrance, after what felt like thousands of YouTuber and other fragrance freaks, Side Effect have called the Non Plus Ultra when it comes to attractive and irresistible fragrances. Finally it was today so far, my tester came today with the mail....

The fragrance would have been earlier, when I was full of oriental, coarse, woody and 100% unisex fragrances, maybe what for me but I've somehow moved on or let's put it this way, my taste has changed a lot.... I now like very feminine floral or gourmand scents and Side Effect is definitely not that. Not 100%..

I loved Armani Prive Oud Royal so much for a long time, especially when we were in the Emirates and a short time after. Now I like the no longer. For me, both fragrances fit great when you're traveling in the Middle East but only there... Side Effect has in my opinion a very big similarity with Oud Royal. Who knows the Oud Royal, knows where the journey goes with Side Effect... Spicy, smoky and seeeeee much saffron....

Now for the scent:
Side effect starts very woody with a huge overdose of saffron, as it stands in the book. I also smell what resinous which I unfortunately do not like at all, where that comes from must know the good Lord. Side Effect could also very well be an oud scent, which is not the case according to the scent pyramid. In the dry down the tobacco note, for me cigar smell, becomes very present and the rum rocks only vaguely a bit in the background with. I see in front of me an older rich man sitting in a cigar lounge with a glass of rum.... I have unfortunately even after 2 hours of wearing a headache from the scent get.

Unfortunately, the saffron which plays the absolute main role here, a saffron of the scratchy kind what a continuous light burning in my nose causes and the fragrance overall for me personally much too masculine can act.

The fact is that Side Effect is not at all mine
The Boozy Initio
First: incredibly interesting fragrance with high recognition value! The spicy notes with the alcohol note (rum) are beautifully interwoven. Find the fragrance very feminine, sexy, noble and also wintry cuddly / gourmandig, determined a good Ausgeh fragrance.
Personally, it was then unfortunately a little tick too alcoholic. Would the rum note lower dosed, then he would have landed on my WL
In a bar in Porto

Dimmed lights, dusty spotlights
Tobacco scent floats over the dance floor of the Latin nightclub
Raggaeton booms from the speakers, sending everyone in attendance into passionate partner dances.

A Latino man dressed in a black leather jacket and white shirt sits on one of the wooden bar stools in the back. His stubborn hair, which he fixed with a little gel 3 hours ago, fell in his face. His body isn't facing either the dance floor or the bar, as he wanted to keep both in view. He could dance, very well in fact, but he mostly preferred to take his glass of rum with relish. He is not at all shy, rather his standards are too high for the crowd dancing around. The Latino has a black sense of humor and knows that his demanding provocative manner does not meet with universal approval.
While waiting for his second glass, he kept intense eye contact with women flowing towards him. It seemed as if there was an attraction emanating from him to the women. He enjoyed the attention and loves the thereby caused feeling to be unattainable. A waft of spices that the bartender laced his gins with kept wafting around him. Throughout the evening, he doesn't approach any of the Latinas, because he knows what he wants.

Like Side Effect
The fiery sweet, almost chilli scent manages to embody my innermost desire. I see the scent on my dream man, as described above. That's why I have no problem at all with this fragrance being one of my favorites for men. The saffron note, the rum and the tobacco, this is pure perfection that screams for men's skin

Sweet effect
This is a sweet fragrance.

It opens up extremely sweet to my nose and remains sweet in the drydown. Its a sugary sweetness but not similar to BR540.

The tobacco and cinnamon come in to calm that sweetness down a bit. It reminded me of a woman's perfume for about an hour, but after it dried a little, it came back to the masculine side.

Although certainly not an offputting fragrance, it doesnt seem quite worthy of the price nor the praise it receives.

Ptsau
Gorgeous Sweet Boozy Tobacco!
I tried the sample of Psychedelic Love first then I loved it at the first sniff but then I tried Side Effect second (I was already sold for the Oud for Greatness), then I love it even more and I knew I had to go for the full bottle of Side Effect before Psychedelic Love. I love the Tobacco mixed with the gourmand and boozy scents. It has a similar profile to Herod but way better performance. They are still so different so I would still keep Herod in my collection. It also contains high percentage of the Hedione that I think it makes me feel so sensual and addicted. The performance is enormous like the Oud for Greatness. Last 12+ hours and project big. I still love the Psychedelic Love so I finally got both full bottles of Side Effect and Psychedelic Love. Side Effect is still better and I think it is the best from Initio along with OFG. I do think Initio is a brand that has great creations and worth the money.
?♀️✨Feenland ✨?♀️
Some time ago I got several test samples from the brand Initio
After I tried some of them and some of the fragrances of this brand literally made me vomit, I came across a mix that puts a lot of fragrances in the shade I spray Initio Magnetic Blend 7 and then Side effect . A cloud came towards me of something sweet,smoky,mystical,attractive I could barely describe that scent.
I am fully enthusiastic about this fragrance show it to my friends all find this fragrance great
And then one of my friends says :
This scent smells like you're in a fairytale forest
And there would be fairies hovering around you I burst out laughing but he was right somehow This fragrance is a compliment monster !!!
I went to the club with that scent
I don't think I've been accosted by any other scent like that
No matter if women or men were all over the place, this perfume will enchant everything around you and even yourself I recommend this fragrance to everyone who wants to have compliments but also to everyone who is looking for something unique ,
The fragrance is solo just as great but combined that has the attraction where I was offered this fragrance experience

BearsmellBearsmell 2 months ago
Thrilling, rich, and deeply sexy, Side Effect is a harmonious blend of tobacco, vanilla, rum and coffee that tantalizes the senses.
ChaeChae 2 months ago
I purchased a 2ml sample. At first sniff, I purchased a 5ml sample. At first wear, I bought a full size sample. Absolutely addictive!
RisingChaosRisingChaos 11 months ago
Get all the notes upfront, very linear. Heavy tobacco and rum, more woods on deep drydown. Well-blended but not my jam.
Blako11Blako11 12 months ago
Un tabaco muy caballeroso y gentil. Lo recomiendo.
MontanaBMontanaB 1 year ago
Mutated version of Spice Bomb and Jazz Club. Add some ambroxan, hedione and there we go enjoy it for unreasonable price. Zero innovation
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A warm and sweet, yet gently dusty/leathery, oriental earthy-spicy Winter fragrance, with a boozy spicy-sweet opening. More masculine.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
Boozy spicy opening with rum and cinnamon. After that, I get Hedione with tobacco and a gourmand vanilla. The scent is warm and appealing.
MariaSMariaS 1 year ago
Seductive, sexy, fresh woody spicy vanilla, almost medicinal smell. I guess thats why its called side effect. I love it. Its worth it!
TRehfTRehf 2 years ago
One of the strongest 1st impressions. Gourmand, boozy, cozy yet elegant and very high quality. Unisex, Long staying power. 10/10
Dan81Dan81 2 years ago
Fantastic boozy Cinnamon scent. Notes are similar to PDM Herod, but the booziness of Side Effect elevates it to a narcotic bomb/obsession.

by Ovaissaleem
by Ovaissaleem
by Düfteputput
by Düfteputput
by Nadiiine
by Nadiiine
by CharlAmbre
The only side effects you need!
by R7S
by Ahmed2021
by BenniB
by BenniB

Popular by Initio

Rehab by Initio Oud for Greatness by Initio Musk Therapy by Initio Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Atomic Rose by Initio Psychedelic Love by Initio Oud for Happiness by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio High Frequency by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio