Side Effect (2016)

Side Effect by Initio

Side Effect is a popular perfume by Initio for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still in production.

Cinnamon bark, Tobacco, Saffron, Amber, Sandalwood, Rum, Vanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 20.01.2020.

6.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Beautiful cosy winter fragrance
I read and watched so many reviews describing side effects, stating it’s a very balsamic cosy scent along the lines of black phantom which is my holy grail for comforting winter scents.

Side effects is undoubtedly beautiful but to my nose it was not remarkable, the opening was nice cinnamon ( I like that) but quickly it became a soft skin scent vanilla. I kept sniffing my wrist as it was developing but to me it lacked something maybe a sweet note.

I tried it side by side with blessed baraka which I pretty much preferred to it.

I still prefer black phantom ( Kilian) as my cosy and bouquet idéale (casamorati), which has a beautiful cinnamon opening and a skin scent vanilla dry down and better sillage.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Thrilling, Rich, and Deeply Sexy
Notes: Tobacco, Vanilla, Rum and Cinnamon

A gorgeous boozy, creamy vanilla and a spicy concoction. Opens with a fruity note (Cherry), not a fan of the opening but this last for a good 15 mins and then the hard hitting notes start to show their true power, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Tobacco and Rum. This is an Intoxicating fragrance, sexy, rich and potent. In the dry-down I also get hints of Coffee which is not listed as a note. Love this masterpiece.
Instagram: ovaissaleem_

by Leonbrk
by Leonbrk

Popular Initio

Absolute Aphrodisiac by Initio Rehab by Initio Blessed Baraka by Initio Oud for Greatness by Initio Divine Attraction by Initio Magnetic Blend 8 by Initio Psychedelic Love by Initio Mystic Experience by Initio Magnetic Blend 1 by Initio Magnetic Blend 7 by Initio High Frequency by Initio Addictive Vibration by Initio Atomic Rose by Initio